Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey being "left out" at Jets training camp practices

UpNorth

Apparently some of the time his isn't even working in the same group with the other QBs, but instead is off with a different group doing something else. And today, he got about 5 reps total in 9 on 9 and 11 on 11 combined. In the press conferences, coach Mangini has mention the other 3 Qbs and their progress but I cannot recall hearing anything about Pat...this is weird because if he isn't gonna get any reps and thus not be given a legitimate shot at making the team...then why not release him now?

Here is some of what I have read:

From Today's practices:

Ramsey had 4 snaps. That was it. Ramsey also continues to be left out of the 3 QB rotation drill, where 3 QB's take a snap, and each throw to a different reciever in different patterns. Ramsey is off playing fake QB with a different group altogether. This is three straight practices now that Ramsey has been excluded. He might have thrown 5 passes all day, but it's obvious there is nothing wrong with his arm.

From Monday:

Now, this is a bit strange, but I have to mention it. Ramsey always seems to be away from the other QB's. Even when stretching. Pennington, Clemens and Bollinger are always together. Ramsey is two players away from them. This was on Friday, today, and over the weekend too. Today, they did this drill (Friday too) where 3 QB's take the snap from a coach, with 3 recievers going into a pattern. The 3 recievers run the same patterns each time, but the QB's switch spots.... the QB on the right hits an out. The QB in the middle hits a crossing pattern, The QB on the left throws a fade. But.... Ramsey was with the RB's practicing trick plays, but lined up as a slot reciever or a wide out. It just seems ...a little wierd to me.

Oh Patty...:doh:

Shouldn't this be moved. The Stadium should be about Redskins not Jet players. Or soon to be ex-Jet players. :laugh:

Your wish is my command. POOF...off to around the NFL

This to bad, I've always been a big fan of Ramsey and hoped for the best for him

Your wish is my command. POOF...off to around the NFL

This to bad, I've always been a big fan of Ramsey and hoped for the best for him

Can't poof me a million dollars now??

Ramsey should've never agreed to this trade. He should've let the Skins just cut him and he may have had a better shot else where. That Clemmons kid is probably going to eventually be the Jets QB.

Where could Patrick go? Let's see:

Buffalo- their current roster of qb's isn't that great.

Kansas City- Trent Green is getting old, he could eventually take over.

Dallas- yes, our hated enemy needs a post Bledsoe solution and it won't be Hensen.

Minnesota- They need someone to succeed Brad Johnson.

Detroit- was a possibility in the offseason, not now.

Normally I don't care that much about players no longer with the team but I liked Pat. Looks like he's getting worked over at the Jets camp too. Found this on their board. It's a shame.

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121046

An earful for shaky Ramsey

BY RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is only 32, but he's not shy about tearing into a player. Yesterday, QB Patrick Ramsey incurred the wrath of Schottenheimer. "Damn it, get another quarterback in the game," Schottenheimer screamed when Ramsey took too long to get a play off.

In came Brooks Bollinger, out went Ramsey.

Ramsey, in his second chance to work with the starting unit, was spotty in the day's only practice. In red-zone drills, he was intercepted twice and overthrew an open Jerricho Cotchery. Ramsey rallied late in the practice, hooking up with Justin McCareins for a TD on a nice fade route.

No one has dominated the four-way QB competition. It still appears to be Chad Pennington's job to lose.

But.... Ramsey was with the RB's practicing trick plays, but lined up as a slot reciever or a wide out.

Finally a team is going to take advantage of Patrick's raw, athletic ability. I was hoping he wouldn't be misused on another team!

;)

Also, it sounds like he couldn't even get in and out of the huddle. That isn't surprising considering even during his "highlight" game last year (vs. the Giants) he had to burn two timeouts before he threw that errant pass that Santana turned into a 70-yard TD play. :2cents:

But seriously, if Pat can't beat out Brooks Bollinger, I mean who can he beat out?

Yeah good point...I saw almost every Jets game last season and Brooks is a backup QB, period. Not a solid backup even...he can probably only stay on a team as a backup if that team is in the bottom half od QB corps in the league.

He is a great guy and a hard worker and a real gamer but he just doesn't have the natural abilities....in my opinon there's no way that Ramsey can't be ahead of this guy. If he isntt he really much be stinkin it up. Word has it that he was the worst QB in mini camp and OTAs too...

This is nothing but a ploy by PR to start up an insane number of threads on extremeskins.com. :doh:

No, honestly, PR handled everything with class while he was here, and I honestly wished him well. That's too bad, and I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he does get his shot as an NFL starter one day. :(

Maybe all of this just proves that Joe Gibbs new what he was doing when he pulled Ramsey out of that first game last year.

Exactly.

Gibbs knows QBs. This quote from the article sums up how frustrating Ramsey's play is:

Ramsey, in his second chance to work with the starting unit, was spotty in the day's only practice. In red-zone drills, he was intercepted twice and overthrew an open Jerricho Cotchery. Ramsey rallied late in the practice, hooking up with Justin McCareins for a TD on a nice fade route.

It seems nothing has changed with Ramsey. For every decent play he makes, he also makes 2 or 3 bone-headed ones.

Also, it's said he's still slow to get out of the huddle and slow to get a play off. :doh:

I like Ramsey too. He seems like a nice guy who didn't act like a baby and bad-mouth the Redskins when he left.

I was hoping Ramsey would've been that young QB that would lead the Redskins to a great future, but as this article shows, Ramsey just didn't have it, and probably never will.

While I'm not happy he's failing in NY, I do hope articles like this will silence Gibbs' most ardent critics that claim he "...never gave Ramsey a fair chance."

Archived