Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explain the whole mid-east crisis to me please.

EersSkins05

Like Denzel Washington in Philadelphia (:eaglesuck ) explain the mid-east crisis right now to me like I'm a kindergartner.

I know about Hazbollah, but I don't really know what that is. I also know about Hamas, but not as much as it seems I should. I know that Syria is a problem, but I don't know why.

Anyone care to spell this out for me in simple terms?

(EDIT- Yes, I understand that this is an important issue and I should be paying more attention to it- I just generally tune out mid-east news, but it seems like I can't do that anymore, and now I"m behind... lol)

Hezbollah and Hamas are both terrorist Islamo-fascist groups. Hamas now controls a portion of the Palestinian government which is a problem given that their charter lists destruction of Israel (defacto Jews) as one of its purposes. Hezbollah has been responsible for more terrorist attacks across the globe than any other organization. They are the group that claimed responsibility for killing 241 Marines in Beirut, Lebanon in 1983. They are currently [well] funded via Iran and Syria. They have a standing army in Lebanon (supposedly a sovereign nation).

Currently many countries in the Middle East are distancing themselves from Hezbollah's actions and calls for Muslims to join their fight because they are fearful that Israel and perhaps the US will make no distinction between them and these terrorist groups when retaliating.

Not too much time to delve deeper but I hope this was somewhat helpful.

nice work Burgundy. Check out these blogs:

http://airforcepundit.blogspot.com

http://austinbay.com

http://littlegreenfootballs.com

Hizbullah was set up by Iran in 1982/83. They are a "state within a state" just like Hamas was. Both terrorist groups sworn to destroy the Jews, and set up an Islamic Republic similar to Iran. However, Hamas is Sunni Muslim like Al-Queda, where Hizbullah is Shi'ite Muslim like Iran is.

Normally Shias and Sunnis murder each other (see Iraq), but for now they have the joint mission of destroying the United States and Western civilization. Al-Queda and Hizbullah both want to set up the Caliphate as it used to be in the 1500s. Where the Islamic empire stretched from Spain to India and almost to Vienna.

Israel is on the front lines, but all terrrorists consider the Jews the "little Satan"- whereas the United States is the "big Satan" because we are the only ones that stand in their way of world domination. Iran uses Hizbullah to have the world worry about the war going on now- while they are nearly able to manufacture nuclear weapons. Syria is a lackey of Iran and does what Teheran wants. The Saudis and Gulf states are afraid of Iran, because they are Sunnis.

The United Nations gave Israel a place to call their own that was 50% theirs and 50% Palestinian.

The Israeli's declared themselves a nation and the next day were attacked by 7 countries. Israel won. Israel after being attacked several times has taken land to expand a buffer zone for safety.. The other people want the buffer zone back.

the other people also want Israel to just go away.. forever.. no matter what...

the end.

Some good, mostly objective analysis.

On the chicken and the egg argument, Israel can also be criticized for using bullying, terrorist-like techniques in its very early days. When Israel was first established, there was some pretty violent, "get out we don't want you behavior" on the Israelis part. Who can say where or when the crisis really began. Israel's hands are cleaner, but they certainly have their share of calouses and bloodstains.

The United Nations did not "give" 50% to the Jews. There was the Sykes Picot Agreement of 1917, the League of Nations Charter of 1921, the British White Paper of 1936, and the UN Partition Plan of 1947.

If anything, the Israelis made a huge mistake by not driving out as many Arabs as they could in 1948. Instead, they told the Arabs to stay- thus there are 800,000 ARABS who live in Israel today!

If anything, the Israelis made a huge mistake by not driving out as many Arabs as they could in 1948. Instead, they told the Arabs to stay- thus there are 800,000 ARABS who live in Israel today!

And why is that a mistake again? Do you hate arabs for simply being arabs or do you have a reason for this? Your beef is against Hamas, Hezbollah and other terrorist groups. If that is the case, than your emotions are justified. If it is that you despise the fact that arabs live on Isreali soil, I suggest you check yourself...

Uh, maybe because Israel just arrested some Israeli Arabs for spying on behalf of Hizbullah?

If the Palestinians need a state so badly- why wouldn't all Palestinians want to live there rather than in a Jewish state?

of course, the Arabs being so much more enlightened- simply expelled all of their one million Jews between 1948-1952...

One would think that Liberty is in love with me by the number of times he writes my name :rolleyes:

Anyway, check out the State Department list of Official Terrorist Groups. Notice any commonalities? Oh, well what do you know? 30 out of 41 worldwide terrorist groups are Muslims..

Current List of Designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations

1. Abu Nidal Organization (ANO)
  2. Abu Sayyaf Group
  3. Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
  4. Ansar al-Islam
  5. Armed Islamic Group (GIA)
  6. Asbat al-Ansar
  7. Aum Shinrikyo
  8. Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)
  9. Communist Party of the Philippines/New People's Army (CPP/NPA)
  10. Continuity Irish Republican Army
  11. Gama’a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group)
  12. HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Movement)
  13. Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM)
  14. Hizballah (Party of God)
  15. Islamic Jihad Group
  16. Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)
  17. Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM) (Army of Mohammed)
  18. Jemaah Islamiya organization (JI)
  19. al-Jihad (Egyptian Islamic Jihad)
  20. Kahane Chai (Kach)
  21. Kongra-Gel (KGK, formerly Kurdistan Workers' Party, PKK, KADEK)
  22. Lashkar-e Tayyiba (LT) (Army of the Righteous)
  23. Lashkar i Jhangvi
  24. Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
  25. Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG)
  26. Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group (GICM)
  27. Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK)
  28. National Liberation Army (ELN)
  29. Palestine Liberation Front (PLF)
  30. Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
  31. Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLF)
  32. PFLP-General Command (PFLP-GC)
  33. al-Qa’ida
  34. Real IRA
  35. Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC)
  36. Revolutionary Nuclei (formerly ELA)
  37. Revolutionary Organization 17 November
  38. Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C)
  39. Salafist Group for Call and Combat (GSPC)
  40. Shining Path (Sendero Luminoso, SL)
  41. Tanzim Qa'idat al-Jihad fi Bilad al-Rafidayn (QJBR) (al-Qaida in Iraq) (formerly Jama'at al-Tawhid wa'al-Jihad, JTJ, al-Zarqawi Network)

AFC and Sarge...how dare you look at the facts to form your opinions. You are supposed to close your eyes, shut your mouth, and tote the "everyone is equal and morally equivalent" line. Remember America's sovereignty is second to the utopian/UN worldview of the human race.

I'm sorry.

I should forget all the places I've traveled and all the things I've seen and get my world view from the college kid instead :rolleyes:

My bad

A lot of arabs left the area known as palestine soon after it was designated the state of Israel...they left "temporarily" because their leaders told them to get out of the area so their troops(the arab troops that is) could go in and slaughter all the jews without having to worry about arab casualties.....low and behold the jews beat back the arab armies...and then arabs that left so their troops could slaughter the jews wanted to get their land back....hmmm....interesting don't you think....

A lot of arabs left the area known as palestine soon after it was designated the state of Israel...they left "temporarily" because their leaders told them to get out of the area so their troops(the arab troops that is) could go in and slaughter all the jews without having to worry about arab casualties.....low and behold the jews beat back the arab armies...and then arabs that left so their troops could slaughter the jews wanted to get their land back....hmmm....interesting don't you think....

most of the Arab migration out of Israel came after the Israeli massacre of Arabs in Deir Yassin, the Arabs were not innocent either as they lied and told of atrocities, rapes and mutilations which did not occur. All of this frightened many Palestinians into leaving

I take the stance of George C Marshall on the founding of Israel, and it seems what he predicted has come true.

The question remains what to do with the region, we can give Israel arms but no troops IMHO. it is their fight not ours.

Archived