Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tecmo Super Bowl: 2005 Playoffs

Skins Addict

haha. great video. brings back memories when i used to play techmo. that was the game! the flea-flicker was the instant touchdown lol.

I could always blow the flea-flicker up from the backside using the DE. Just run around the OT, wait until the RB tosses the ball back to the QB, and do a diving tackle. You'd also get a fumble out of it half the time (I loved the fumble sound). If you guessed wrong & it was actually a running play, you could always catch the RB from behind if you were playing with the Giants or the Chiefs. LT and Derrick Thomas were so money.

Now, if your opponent was playing the Raiders and was using Bo Jackson, you might be in trouble.

I'm testing my memory of the game. But, if I recall correctly, if the defense picked the offense's play correctly, there was no way the offensive play could succeed. Unless you were the Bears, in which case, you could hit the TE on the slant route, even if the defense had picked the correct play.

I'm testing my memory of the game. But, if I recall correctly, if the defense picked the offense's play correctly, there was no way the offensive play could succeed. Unless you were the Bears, in which case, you could hit the TE on the slant route, even if the defense had picked the correct play.

You are correct, although you didn't need to be the Bears. If you were playing any team (the Niners worked the best, I think) and called the 3WR set with John Taylor in the slot running the slant n' go route, you could toggle the intended receiver over to Taylor - very quickly - and hit him for a big gain, even if the defense called the play.

Also, passes to RBs in the flat worked as well. The defense would quickly converge on you, but it beat taking a sack.

Tecmo Super Bowl is friggin awesome. I miss that game, if i could ever find a Nintendo or Sega i would buy it for that game alone! Madden would make some serious money if he could come back with a retro version or something....EVERY football fan in america would want it.

Edit : Spelling error..... :doh:

Tecmo Super bowl was the best because it actually kept stats and everything. We used to have big TSB parties and see who would be the leading rusher/reciever etc.

Redskins really stunk for being such a dominant team back then.

Too bad Bo Jackson never got to play out his NFL career :(

That video was great though :applause:

Archived