Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

SU, I doubt anyone's going to take Hendo

My early gut-feeling is that Hendo will take that fight. Hell of a jaw, mega strong, very fast. The only way Anderson can take him is by sub'ing him or picking him apart for a decision, IMO. Problem is, Anderson has only sub'd one guy in his career, Travis Lutter. I don't remember Dan ever being knocked out, certainly not lately.

man check out the card for UFN13

http://mmajunkie.com/ufc-rumors/ufc-fight-night-13-rumors/

• Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
  • Stephan Bonnar vs. Matt Hamill
  • Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
  • Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
  • Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
  • Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
  • Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer

gonna be an awesome event. and it's free.

Who is a little pissed off about this? I want to see every fight on here, and they only show 4 or 5, depending on how quickly the matches are. If I don't get to see my boy Clay Guida bounce back from that crazy fight with Heurta, I'll be off the board for a while looking for Dana White.

man check out the card for UFN13

http://mmajunkie.com/ufc-rumors/ufc-fight-night-13-rumors/

• Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
  • Stephan Bonnar vs. Matt Hamill
  • Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
  • Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
  • Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
  • Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
  • Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer

gonna be an awesome event. and it's free.

i remember reading somewhere that Frankie Edgar was added to this card as well. Edgar should be first in line for title shot after Sherk.

My early gut-feeling is that Hendo will take that fight. Hell of a jaw, mega strong, very fast. The only way Anderson can take him is by sub'ing him or picking him apart for a decision, IMO. Problem is, Anderson has only sub'd one guy in his career, Travis Lutter. I don't remember Dan ever being knocked out, certainly not lately.

Wanna do a sig bet? As you can see I'm 0-1 in the MMA thread sig bets.

Who is a little pissed off about this? I want to see every fight on here, and they only show 4 or 5, depending on how quickly the matches are.

This was the first thing I thought of...which fights are not going to make it to the air. Because I would really like to see all of them.

Alright man, my sig is back to normal....glad to get that thing off there!

Awesome...good times. Anyone know when Serra is fighting again? He's my second favorite after Penn. My gf is from Long Island and lives 10 minutes from his school. I'm gonna try to to train with him next time I visit.

Awesome...good times. Anyone know when Serra is fighting again? He's my second favorite after Penn. My gf is from Long Island and lives 10 minutes from his school. I'm gonna try to to train with him next time I visit.

I heard on the radio that he's looking at returning in May/June.

Watched a dvd from the early UFC days. There weren't any rules :laugh: . You could punch in the balls and almost everything else. Biting wasn't allowed, perhaps, but I watched a fight where a guy tapped out because he was getting wrecked in the balls over and over. :doh: :doh:

There were very few rules, but even back then, if you were getting pummelled and tapped, the fight was over. One match, a guy tapped, the ref broke it up, and was ready to let them reset and start fighting again. :laugh:

http://www.stage6.com/user/mmafan73/video/2055765/video1-the-begining

Uggghhhh.... Tim Sylvia has some serious freaking issues.....

http://mmamania.com/2008/01/29/tim-sylvia-if-i-do-win-the-belt-again-then-this-time-its-never-coming-off/

Props: Sherdog.net (transcript from the Savage Dog Show)

Quoteworthy:

“I’ve had sex before with the belt on. That was back in the Ricco Rodriguez days. The night I won the belt I had a sexual experience with the belt on. But hey, I was 25 years old and it was the biggest thing that ever had happened to me in my life. The girl was like hey, are you going to take that thing off. And I said no, I’m not…I’m wearing it and if you have a problem with it, then I’m leaving. And I hate to say it, but if I do win the belt again, then this time it’s never coming off. I’m going to wear it a lot more.”

Former division champion Tim Sylvia — who was ragged on for always wearing his belt during his stint at the top — shamelessly admits that we can expect even more of the same if he can defeat Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira this weekend at UFC 81: “Breaking Point” to capture the interim strap. Definitely check out the rest of the Sherdog thread if time permits — it’s got some good stuff in there.

I just listened to this interview on the SDS online. I have to say Sylvia is a pretty cool guy. A lot of people hate on him for different reasons but he seemed pretty down to earth in this interview.

I just listened to this interview on the SDS online. I have to say Sylvia is a pretty cool guy. A lot of people hate on him for different reasons but he seemed pretty down to earth in this interview.

i agree, when he talks he doesn't seem like he's that bad. unfortunately he can be incredibly boring, and thus people won't gravitate towards him. i'm rootin hard for Big Nog but i think Timmay pulls it out in the end.

UFC 81 preview tonight at 11pm(est) on Spike

i agree, when he talks he doesn't seem like he's that bad. unfortunately he can be incredibly boring, and thus people won't gravitate towards him. i'm rootin hard for Big Nog but i think Timmay pulls it out in the end.

I'm rootin' for big Nog too.

new sig alert. lol

Nice! I think Hendo is going to put up much more of a fight than a lot of people expect. He's probably the best MW we've seen in the UFC since Silva came back. He's much better at the lighter weight than he is at LHW, and he gave Rampage one hell of a fight. Will I sig bet against Silva? **** no.

Nice! I think Hendo is going to put up much more of a fight than a lot of people expect. He's probably the best MW we've seen in the UFC since Silva came back. He's much better at the lighter weight than he is at LHW, and he gave Rampage one hell of a fight. Will I sig bet against Silva? **** no.

from the forums i visit and people i talk to, its really a 50/50 split on who people think will win.

i know plenty of people who think Hendo will win and plenty who think Silva will win. each side can make compelling and valid arguments, which makes this fight all the more interesting.

Agreed about Tim, thanks for the heads up. Nice signature! But why does it cut off Hendo landing a right haymaker to Silva's face? :laugh:

you are delusional :laugh:

even if Hendo threw the right haymaker, remember Anderson Silva is the Matrix:

2wnoa6p.gif

Bruce Lee:

abmgyt.gif

& Michael Jackson:

jihpg9.gif

:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice gifs man, Anderson Silva's awesome inside and outside the ring.

Man, this fight has potential to be fight of the year without a doubt, unfortunately it also has the potential to end quickly for either fighter.

I'm still taking Anderson in this fight though...if someone wants to do sig bets *ahem* *ahem* :)

Watched the UFC 81 preview show tonight. It was done pretty well but got me thinking about the two main fights. Brock Lesnar is very ****y and his overconfidence is really apparent. It's understandable he wants to use his size and aggression to bull-rush through Mir, and keeping yourself focused on your mindset is a key to winning. I dunno if it's more that Dana told him to hype up his interviews or what, but Brock thinks he's just going to walk all over Frank. Big Nog and Tim might be a good fight. If it was in Japan, I wouldn't give Tim a chance, but here it's closer to a toss up. Tim is starting to sound like Chuck the way he talks about not ever wanting to be on the ground. They made it sound like Nog doesn't have a standup game. The only way Tim can win this fight, IMO, is to catch Nog like Herring did - and capitalize on it.

It's funny, after seeing botched transitions from Pride fighters going to the UFC, Tim doesn't look incredibly embarrassing to have as an upper-tier HW anymore. Just last year people were talking about how Tim wasn't even close to a top 10 HW. Well, maybe not if he had to go to Pride, but in the UFC he's not exactly pathetic. Maybe his style and knack for being boring is pathetic, but not the challenge he can pose.

That being said, I think this may be an event where the two favorites might actually win. I may have a change of heart, but as of right now I think Mir and Nog will come through.

Where's Din Thomas been? He's been one of my favs since I saw him win a decisive knockout with sweet boxing skills and then call out Mayweather. He said and I quote, "Where's Mayweather at? All these boxers talking ****. You wanna fight? I'm the mother****** to fight!" That was awesome. Anyone else remember that? I'm pretty sure it was from the PPV event where Liddell lost to Rampage.