Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I just watched UFC 1. Hilarious stuff right there. The refs dont even seem to know the rules. :laugh:

Watched a dvd from the early UFC days. There weren't any rules :laugh: . You could punch in the balls and almost everything else. Biting wasn't allowed, perhaps, but I watched a fight where a guy tapped out because he was getting wrecked in the balls over and over. :doh: :doh:

Watched a dvd from the early UFC days. There weren't any rules :laugh: . You could punch in the balls and almost everything else. Biting wasn't allowed, perhaps, but I watched a fight where a guy tapped out because he was getting wrecked in the balls over and over. :doh: :doh:

That and there were NO WEIGHT CLASSES! That's the one thing that you cannot fault Dana for. He came in, added weight classes and rules, and made MMA TV friendly. Everyone loves it now and it has more viewers on PPV AND TV than boxing from what I hear. I'll give him that, but I'm not okay with mistreating and underpaying the fighters.

Well, the funny thing is that there *were* rules, but they kept saying "There are no rules!"

The funniest thing about UFC 1 was Bill Wallace, who was the main commentator, and who was really quite awful. I didn't think he knew a lick about fighting, martial arts, or anything, and must have normally did cooking shows or something.

Beep. Wrong. Apparently this guy is a black belt and was a big-time kickboxer during the 70's.

I had no idea. I just thought he was some dude they brought on as a (terrible) color guy. :whoknows:

A tribute to Bill Wallace and his commentary:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JubPpUnjIDw&feature=related

The UFC has sure come a long way.

Oi vey! :laugh:

The new guy, Mike Goldberg is good. But he leans over top of Rogan when Joe is talking and it makes all of my friends double up in laughter. He doesn't even look like he's listening to Rogan. Just nods his head and focuses on what he'll be saying after Rogan finishes what he's saying.

And how many times have you heard the term thrown around lately, "greatest (blank) in the history of the UFC/martial arts" by Goldberg and Rogan.

Goldberg will do his, "And it is allllll over!" even after someone gets a less-than -exciting finish. I dunno, seems a little over the top. But Goldberg does pump me up.

Here's a Goldberg goof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueQ6rPrnQ5A

Oi vey! :laugh:

The new guy, Mike Goldberg is good. But he leans over top of Rogan when Joe is talking and it makes all of my friends double up in laughter. He doesn't even look like he's listening to Rogan. Just nods his head and focuses on what he'll be saying after Rogan finishes what he's saying.

And how many times have you heard the term thrown around lately, "greatest (blank) in the history of the UFC/martial arts" by Goldberg and Rogan.

Goldberg will do his, "And it is allllll over!" even after someone gets a less-than -exciting finish. I dunno, seems a little over the top. But Goldberg does pump me up.

Here's a Goldberg goof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueQ6rPrnQ5A

goldberg is good? I only like him cuz he's funny. He makes countless errors every PPV. Half the time he will say something and then joe will be like "umm no"

He is a color commentator who tries hard to be an analyst. It's funny to listen too.

goldberg is good? I only like him cuz he's funny. He makes countless errors every PPV. Half the time he will say something and then joe will be like "umm no"

He is a color commentator who tries hard to be an analyst. It's funny to listen too.

Actually I think Rogan's the color commentator and play by play announcer. :laugh: Goldberg's voice just gets me pumped. Here's, your TALE OF THE TAPE, presented by Mickeys fine malt liquor!" That's when you know to get ready and watch some fighting. Then when the fighters are in their corners he'll say something like, "Silva...Liddell...AND HERE WE GO!" Then when a fighter is in trouble he'll really shine. "Jardine is hurt! A big shot by Alexander rocked him! Can he hold off any longer?! Another big shot by Alexander, a knee, another knee! An uppercut! Down goes Jardine! And it is allllllllllllll over!"

He may be oblivious about mma technique but he sure does get the blood going.

Uggghhhh.... Tim Sylvia has some serious freaking issues.....

http://mmamania.com/2008/01/29/tim-sylvia-if-i-do-win-the-belt-again-then-this-time-its-never-coming-off/

Props: Sherdog.net (transcript from the Savage Dog Show)

Quoteworthy:

“I’ve had sex before with the belt on. That was back in the Ricco Rodriguez days. The night I won the belt I had a sexual experience with the belt on. But hey, I was 25 years old and it was the biggest thing that ever had happened to me in my life. The girl was like hey, are you going to take that thing off. And I said no, I’m not…I’m wearing it and if you have a problem with it, then I’m leaving. And I hate to say it, but if I do win the belt again, then this time it’s never coming off. I’m going to wear it a lot more.”

Former division champion Tim Sylvia — who was ragged on for always wearing his belt during his stint at the top — shamelessly admits that we can expect even more of the same if he can defeat Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira this weekend at UFC 81: “Breaking Point” to capture the interim strap. Definitely check out the rest of the Sherdog thread if time permits — it’s got some good stuff in there.

Uggghhhh.... Tim Sylvia has some serious freaking issues.....

http://mmamania.com/2008/01/29/tim-sylvia-if-i-do-win-the-belt-again-then-this-time-its-never-coming-off/

Props: Sherdog.net (transcript from the Savage Dog Show)

Quoteworthy:

“I’ve had sex before with the belt on. That was back in the Ricco Rodriguez days. The night I won the belt I had a sexual experience with the belt on. But hey, I was 25 years old and it was the biggest thing that ever had happened to me in my life. The girl was like hey, are you going to take that thing off. And I said no, I’m not…I’m wearing it and if you have a problem with it, then I’m leaving. And I hate to say it, but if I do win the belt again, then this time it’s never coming off. I’m going to wear it a lot more.”

Former division champion Tim Sylvia — who was ragged on for always wearing his belt during his stint at the top — shamelessly admits that we can expect even more of the same if he can defeat Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira this weekend at UFC 81: “Breaking Point” to capture the interim strap. Definitely check out the rest of the Sherdog thread if time permits — it’s got some good stuff in there.

:laugh:

That's hilarious. I still say he's going to get submitted by Nogueira though.

And I'm taking Lesnar in the other HW bout. I know it's unpopular but I say he's going to mount Frank Mir and ground-and-pound him until referee stoppage.

:laugh:

That's hilarious. I still say he's going to get submitted by Nogueira though.

And I'm taking Lesnar in the other HW bout. I know it's unpopular but I say he's going to mount Frank Mir and ground-and-pound him until referee stoppage.

i don't know of single person who is rooting for Sylvia. i'll be rooting like hell for Big Nog, but i see Sylvia taking it by decision :mad:

i'm hoping Lesnar does well against Mir, HW division needs some type of spark right now.

By my calculations, you can get rid of that AWFUL sig before bed tonight or when you wake up tomorrow morning. Whichever one is easier for you. Thanks for playing, you were a good sport. Wanna do it again next UFC? Or how about Super Bowl Sig Bets?!?!?! Anyone else interested?

By my calculations, you can get rid of that AWFUL sig before bed tonight or when you wake up tomorrow morning. Whichever one is easier for you. Thanks for playing, you were a good sport. Wanna do it again next UFC? Or how about Super Bowl Sig Bets?!?!?! Anyone else interested?

No problem man, a deal is a deal. You could've given me a lot worse sig, so I was grateful. It'll be down by morning I'm sure. I'm down for another UFC bet, anyone wanna bet against Anderson Silva in the Hendo fight?

Or I'll take bets on this one too. Let me know guys. :cheers:

i dunno. there was a mini-debate in this thread about that match not too long ago.

there are some people who post here who think Hendo will beat Silva

If Rampage broke his hand trying to knock out Hendo, I imagine Silva will have a hard time as well.

man check out the card for UFN13

http://mmajunkie.com/ufc-rumors/ufc-fight-night-13-rumors/

• Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
  • Stephan Bonnar vs. Matt Hamill
  • Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
  • Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
  • Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
  • Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
  • Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer

gonna be an awesome event. and it's free.

man check out the card for UFN13

http://mmajunkie.com/ufc-rumors/ufc-fight-night-13-rumors/

• Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
  • Stephan Bonnar vs. Matt Hamill
  • Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
  • Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
  • Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
  • Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
  • Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
  • Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer

gonna be an awesome event. and it's free.

Damn man, that could be a PPV. It's GOTTA be better than the last fight night (minus the Pellegrino fight of course)

You don't like Karo?

I hate him. He is a arrogant ass who dodged fighting fitch because he doesnt wanna risk a loss. in his own words he think he is next in line for a title shot. Why should he be?

also after watching him on TUF, and now the crap he said about women makes me hate him even more.