Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Genius quote from the Rocket Scientist Nate Diaz on why Maynard has more wins than him:

"I think they're talking about him getting a title fight because he's had so many wins in a row, but if you think about it, I think I've been fighting more consistently," Diaz said. "I have more fights than Gray, so that's why he's got more wins – because he hasn't fought as many times as I have."

I don't think my hatred for anything Diaz can reach a higher summit than at this moment in time.

crayon.jpg

The Diaz Bros. are stooges but I do love watching them fight. If Nate wants some title talk, all he has to do is win Monday night. I think Gray is too solid to get subbed by Nate but this fight is a toss-up IMHO.

Ah, but Maynard did get subbed by Nate in the semis of TUF. I know Maynard is a much better fighter now, but you have to assume Nate is too.

I still have Maynard grinding out a decision, but I will not be surprised in the slightest if Nate subs him.

Maynard deserves the title talk after how he has been performing. I'm not sure how Edgar does though. Nate's beef should be with him, but as Cach said, all Nate has to do is win.

Ah, but Maynard did get subbed by Nate in the semis of TUF. I know Maynard is a much better fighter now, but you have to assume Nate is too.

I still have Maynard grinding out a decision, but I will not be surprised in the slightest if Nate subs him.

Maynard deserves the title talk after how he has been performing. I'm not sure how Edgar does though. Nate's beef should be with him, but as Cach said, all Nate has to do is win.

edgar will probably get the shot ahead of Maynard because he's more exciting. who deserves the shot the most isn't always first priority in MMA

I actually think Edgar is the best of the three by far. His motor runs high and long.

but maynard beat him

Don't get me freakin started on that one. What a joke of a title fight that is.

I love keeping the champs active, but that is ridiculous.

most champs & elite fighters only fight twice a year. its a shame one of those fights is being wasted on Dan Hardy

Edited by StillUnknown

I'm gonna be at the Fight Night in Fairfax on Monday, I'm pretty excited! We MIGHT have an extra 70 dollar ticket if anyone is interested, our seats are pretty dead center on the side.

Anyone here ever been to a UFC event before? I have no idea what to expect haha.

I've actually never been to a live event either. I'm curious. One of my friends took a trip to Japan in 2006 for Pride Final Conflict Absolute and loved it. Japan's events are a different experience though.

Let me know how it turns out!

Don't get me freakin started on that one.:cuss: What a joke of a title fight that is.

I love keeping the champs active, but that is ridiculous.

And that's not even an exciting fight. At least if they put Paul Daley in there, there'd be a chance of a KO but Hardy has no business in there with GSP.

That should be an official ruling on a scorecard and Bruce Buffer should have to read it after such a bout.

I second this motion.

(in my best Bruce Buffer) "Aaaand WINNER! By TOOOOOOOTAL DominAAAAAAAAATIONNNNNNN......" Then he does the triple lindy off the the cage.

WEC 46 picks:

Dave Jansen vs. Kamal Shalorus: who?

Shalorus by (T)KO, 2nd Round

Mackens Sermezier vs. Deividas Taurosevicius: Sermezier tapped out Fabiano, you have to have some skill to do that

Sermezier by Unanimous Decision

Mike Brown vs. Anthony Morrison: Morrison's nickname might as well be "the sacrificial lamb"

Mike Brown by (T)KO, 1st Round

Urijah "i have an ass on my chin" Faber vs. Raphael Assuncao: Assuncao is much bigger than Faber and has shown a pretty decent chin. Faber's speed will be too much standing, not sure if Assuncao can get it to the ground where he would have the advantage. the winner of this fight is really the loser as they get the chance to be destroyed by Jose Aldo

Faber by Unanimous Decision

Jamie Varner vs. Benson Henderson: both are great wrestlers, Varner's standup is better. on the ground varner doesnt go for many submissions, not that it will matter as Benson proved against Cerrone he may be unsubmittable. Varner's had a long layoff and judging from his interviews, you would swear he's fighting Cerrone tonight. i cant see Benson trading shots with him, which will lead to his downfall in the 4th round.

Varner by (T)KO, Round 4 (i sincerely hope i'm wrong on this one)

I'm gonna be at the Fight Night in Fairfax on Monday, I'm pretty excited! We MIGHT have an extra 70 dollar ticket if anyone is interested, our seats are pretty dead center on the side.

Anyone here ever been to a UFC event before? I have no idea what to expect haha.

I went to several UFC events in Vegas, they're fun as hell. Actually you'll probably have more fun in Fairfax because a lot of the people that show up in Vegas are on comps and they just sit there or get drunk as hell and act stupid. There's pockets of rabid fans but nothing like places where everyone in the crowd paid to see the fights. As far as the fights go, great experience but honestly unless you're right up on the cage you're watching it on the big screen the entire night. Still fun though.

WEC 46 picks:

I'll take Brown, Faber, and Henderson.

Varner will not be able to keep up with Henderson for 5 rounds after being on the shelf for over a year.

I'm pissed I don't get VS on direct tv. I really want to see this card.

Have fun, wish I could be there. Do me a favor and cheer as loudly as you can for Ricky Story :)

Urijah "i have an ass on my chin" Faber vs. Raphael Assuncao: Assuncao is much bigger than Faber and has shown a pretty decent chin. Faber's speed will be too much standing, not sure if Assuncao can get it to the ground where he would have the advantage. the winner of this fight is really the loser as they get the chance to be destroyed by Jose Aldo

Faber by Unanimous Decision

Thanks SU, I just spit coffee all over my white t-shirt after reading that this morning. :mad:

I'm glad Henderson won last night. Jamie Varner is an asshat. And I'll never pull for him unless he's fighting KJ Noons. And even then I'll pull for a double-KO.

I hate to say it, but I was more excited about WEC last night than I am about the Fight Night card tonight.

Thanks SU, I just spit coffee all over my white t-shirt after reading that this morning. :mad:

I'm glad Henderson won last night. Jamie Varner is an asshat. And I'll never pull for him unless he's fighting KJ Noons. And even then I'll pull for a double-KO.

I hate to say it, but I was more excited about WEC last night than I am about the Fight Night card tonight.

my apologies :evilg:

i cant think of a single fighter that may be more universally hated than Varner is at the moment. Maybe Tim Sylvia during his title run?

on another note, it looks like Aldo/Faber will headline the WEC's first PPV event

this fight will be greatness, i got Aldo destroying him

i cant think of a single fighter that may be more universally hated than Varner is at the moment. Maybe Tim Sylvia during his title run?

on another note, it looks like Aldo/Faber will headline the WEC's first PPV event

this fight will be greatness, i got Aldo destroying him

Maybe Koscheck at times?

Varner...what can you say about him? He talks about wanting to be liked and wanting to be a crowd favorite, but then says all that garbage post-fight. You got caught, guy, let it go. You caught a nasty knee and bent over and got choked. Deal with it.

You came there to fight, he came there to grapple? Well, last time I checked, grappling is a part of MMA...and Varner did his fair share of grappling in the first two rounds. And for someone that was wanting a "fight" so badly, he was not exactly attempting to press the action and close the distance very emphatically.

I really liked Varner during his rise to the title, and his fights with Razor Rob and Hicks. But now, he is just a prick. I think he either needs to embrace the villian role, or quit whining about how he wants to be liked. People will like you depending on your own actions.

I wish the WEC would find another opponent for Henderson so that Cerrone and Varner could finally fight again. That is a grudge match that should be a great fight the second time around.

As for Aldo-Faber, I agree. I liked what Aldo said in the cage last night, and I think he is absolutely right. He did not come off as ****y, just confident that nobody was going to take his belt anytime soon. And I think he is right. He is just a wrecking machine right now. I mean, Faber is great, but I think Aldo is currently on another level.

It will be interesting to see how a potential PPV shapes up. I know they want it to be a great card top-to-bottom, because you want your first one to be something that people want to come back for. So I would assume that in addition to Aldo-Faber, Cerrone will be on there against either Varner or Henderson, and they would try to work Torres on the card, if he beats Benavidez on 3/6. Probably a title fight for Miguel (again, if he wins in March) against the winner of the Bowles-Cruz title fight on that same March card. I am going with Cruz in that one.

Maybe work Anthony Njokuani (the guy that almost kicked Horodecki's head into the 8th row) in there against Cerrone, Varner or Henderson. Not sure he deserves a title shot yet, but his only WEC loss is against Henderson last year. That kid is an elite striker and is a dangerous fight for anyone.

So we could have the lightweight, featherweight and bantamweight titles on the line on the same card, maybe in June. That is the way I am putting the pieces together at least, although in most situations I have no clue what I am talking about :D. It is a longer layoff for Aldo, Faber and Henderson probably want, but that is a card that would be a tremendous initial PPV.