Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I thought this was a very entertaining card given all of the injuries and fighters that had to be replaced.

Props to my hometown boy Jim Miller for his sub and a good fight between Sam Stout and Lauzon. Daley is a force to be reckoned with and I can see him giving GSP some problems in a fight maybe in late 2010.

Evans vs Silva was an interesting fight. Evans outwrestled him but only really tired Silva down in the first few rounds. I thought he was gunshy in the third and thought he might try and make a statement. Guess he respected Silva's power too much and was content to try and grind it out, probably looking ahead to Rampage. Almost cost him though at the end, not sure what Silva was thinking and he had the best chance to finish the fight but Rashad just held on enough.

I like Rashad but he didn't really impress me too much, I thought he should have tried to tag Silva more than he did, especially with Silva taunting him and the crowd booing his conservative style. However I guess it did pay off in the end with him not getting knocked out and getting the win GSP style.

Depends on if Rampage has some ring rust from doing his ****ty movies. After seeing Rashad get rocked by that right tonight though, I'm pretty sure Rampage just has to go in and trade with him a few times.

I'd say that Rampage has a little more power in his hands than Silva.

Edited by #98QBKiller

Depends on if Rampage has some ring rust from doing his ****ty movies. After seeing Rashad get rocked by that right tonight though, I'm pretty sure Rampage just has to go in and trade with him a few times.

I'd say that Rampage has a little more power in his hands than Silva.

depends on the gameplan Jackson cooks up as well. i cant imagine they would try to use as much wrestling as they did tonight. Rampage is considerably bigger than Rashad, and just as good at wrestling.

rashad's chin is troubling though. before the machida fight, he had never really been rocked. now its seems like its getting a little bit easier to crack it.

I thought it was a decent enough card, entertaining fights overall. I don't mind fights where two guys show up to actually fight but one of the guys is beat with technique or skill.

Stout put on a clinic, how can you not like that? I always want to root against the guy but he always fights really well.

Both Millers fought good fights, sick sub by the second miller. The guy is like a praying mantis or something.

Daly, I was pissed with the whole "thug" act with the fake guns after the fight but he had the sense to apologise afterward. By the way, no one owns guns in England so what's up with the whole gun act anyway. That being said, dude has some sick hands.

I personally think on any PPV card the main event should be 5X5 min rounds. Give us something worth paying for. I spent all day yesterday watching the Dream card from NYE, still have about three fights left, anyway the Japanese know how to score MMA. They don't really give points for takedowns that don't do damage. UFC should be the same damn way. I can appreciate a guy with a good wrestling base getting takedowns that evolve to GnP but Rashad did absolutely nothing once he took Silva down. They should have yellow carded his ass! Lol Silva screwed the pooch by not going in for the kill on Rashad though. He has no one to blame but himself for losing that fight.

This is true. How many great fights have we seen that get cut short just because they aren't title fights? I can think of a lot of them.

All the time, damn near everytime there's a main event that doesn't involve a belt. I mean if you're going to headline a PPV event it's typically the fight people are paying to see, at least it should be. So if I'm shelling out $55 I want $55's worth of ass whooping.

Look what Dream does with their tournaments, damn near every fight on their card is worthy of being main event fights. Not these watered down cards UFC is putting out. No reason for them to change anything though, there's plenty of dumbasses like me that keep shelling out the cash to see their events. I don't shell it out because it's UFC though, I shell it out because I love to watch MMA.

All the time, damn near everytime there's a main event that doesn't involve a belt. I mean if you're going to headline a PPV event it's typically the fight people are paying to see, at least it should be. So if I'm shelling out $55 I want $55's worth of ass whooping.

Look what Dream does with their tournaments, damn near every fight on their card is worthy of being main event fights. Not these watered down cards UFC is putting out. No reason for them to change anything though, there's plenty of dumbasses like me that keep shelling out the cash to see their events. I don't shell it out because it's UFC though, I shell it out because I love to watch MMA.

I love Japan because they'll do crazy **** like Super Hulk tournaments with welterweights fighting guys that couldn't even make HW, they'll have guys fight multiple times in one-night tourneys, they'll do "North American" style cards with octagons and three 5-minute time limits instead of their normal ring and 10 min/5 min setup, and most of all they have an entrance ramp with fireworks. :D

They're all about the entertainment in Japan that's for sure.