Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

it looked like to me that Varner saw a way out and took it. i didn't feel the shot, but it just didn't look that bad to me.

Cerrone has one of the best chins in MMA, he took some bombs and kept it moving. good fight, deserves an immediate rematch, especially since their really isn't anyone else in WEC's LW division that would put on a better fight

The crowds reaction was uncalled for. That fight was a battle and I wouldve LOVED to see a full 5th round. But the knee glanced right off the edge of his eye. I dont think it was BS at all.

He's on the ground yelling "owe owe owe", he's not even squiting, the ref comes and says u got 5 minutes, next thing u know he says right away " I can't see I cant fight"

Use the 5 minutes first.

Then when he gets up he's stumbling around like he's dizzy.

He took the easy way out.

Further proof he wanted out was his hand was broken.

GTFO (varner not u)

He's on the ground yelling "owe owe owe", he's not even squiting, the ref comes and says u got 5 minutes, next thing u know he says right away " I can't see I cant fight"

Use the 5 minutes first.

GTFO (varner not u)

I see your point, but I'm still gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he was actually hurt. We'll probably find out in the coming days if he was faking or not. If he was, then that is a horse**** move and I think Cerrone should be granted an immediate rematch.

I see your point, but I'm still gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he was actually hurt. We'll probably find out in the coming days if he was faking or not. If he was, then that is a horse**** move and I think Cerrone should be granted an immediate rematch.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Varner. He has brutal GnP, pretty good stand up and his takedowns are great.

He is a good fighter.

But this is the second time he pulls this ***** ****.

Even Cerrone was pissed, he was like wtf I fight 2 rounds with my eyes poked, you cant give me 2 more minutes cuz my kneee grazed your head?

cerrone needs to work his wrestling, those takedowns helped Varner secure those close rounds.

cerrone showed just about no ability to stop them. i don't know if he thought his BJJ was good enough to sub varner, but not stopping those takedowns cost him the match

Yeah, Varner was able to take him down at will. Gotta give Cerrone credit for staying out of trouble though. He had some crazy escapes from the guard. Also...wtf was with that wierd rubber guard he was trying to pull?

Cerrone had a right to be pissed. He had Varner backing down the last 2 rounds. I think he wouldve gone in for the kill in the final round and wont the fight.

He was going in the kill in that last round. IMO he would have stopped him.

cerrone needs to work his wrestling, those takedowns helped Varner secure those close rounds.

cerrone showed just about no ability to stop them. i don't know if he thought his BJJ was good enough to sub varner, but not stopping those takedowns cost him the match

I know, SU.

Half the time he wouldnt even try to sprawl. He would just let himself be taken down.

Seriously it was pretty bad which is surprising considering his camp.

Yeah, Varner was able to take him down at will. Gotta give Cerrone credit for staying out of trouble though. He had some crazy escapes from the guard. Also...wtf was with that wierd rubber guard he was trying to pull?

I kept hoping he would pull it over his head and gogo him!

Use the 5 minutes first.

GTFO (varner not u)

x2

He should win the oscar that was sad. I honestly thought he was gassing and on top of that his hand is broke whatdya know.

I'm a huge fan of Cerrone that kid has heart and a will to win. I see to many guys quit everytime they face adversity especially in the local shows.

My fightclub is also having a show in Va about 45min south of DC on FEB.7TH in fredericksburg if anyone wants to come out and support the guys. It will be about 20 fights after the card is completely finished. I know he is working on finalizing a few more fights for the card.

Barbarianfightclub.com

x2

He should win the oscar that was sad. I honestly thought he was gassing and on top of that his hand is broke whatdya know.

I'm a huge fan of Cerrone that kid has heart and a will to win. I see to many guys quit everytime they face adversity especially in the local shows.

My fightclub is also having a show in Va about 45min south of DC on FEB.7TH in fredericksburg if anyone wants to come out and support the guys. It will be about 20 fights after the card is completely finished. I know he is working on finalizing a few more fights for the card.

Barbarianfightclub.com

x3, Dude was gassed and Cerrone was coming on. Varner got scared and thought at any moment Cerrone was going to take his ass out. Grazed, I can't see, I'm sorry, I'm sorry; all part of the act. Dude should be banned from MMA.

I also had the fight 2 to 2, right down the middle and the 5th would have decided it and Cerrone was winning it. I think he would have stolen it if it would have went to the end but the judges are idiots IMO. Whatever, Varner is a punk.

x3, Dude was gassed and Cerrone was coming on. Varner got scared and thought at any moment Cerrone was going to take his ass out. Grazed, I can't see, I'm sorry, I'm sorry; all part of the act. Dude should be banned from MMA.

You should go back and watch the fight where Varner won the title. He was fighting Razor Rob McCullough and McCullough had him obviously dazed and caught Varner with a hook I believe and it sent Varner's mouthpiece flying, Rob went in for the kill and Varner made a "T" with his hands to the ref begging him for a timeout. The ref stopped and got his mouthpiece and Varner took forever getting it in which gave him plenty of time to recover, then he ended up catching Razor Rob and KOing him. It was a shady ending as well.

You should go back and watch the fight where Varner won the title. He was fighting Razor Rob McCullough and McCullough had him obviously dazed and caught Varner with a hook I believe and it sent Varner's mouthpiece flying, Rob went in for the kill and Varner made a "T" with his hands to the ref begging him for a timeout. The ref stopped and got his mouthpiece and Varner took forever getting it in which gave him plenty of time to recover, then he ended up catching Razor Rob and KOing him. It was a shady ending as well.

Yup, he was running away doing a T with his hands.

Since when can a fighter call timeout in the ring?

He should have his title taken away.

Glad to see i'm not the only one here who thinks this.

What did you guys think of the rest of the card? Aldo is a beast, dude is legit.

Yup, he was running away doing a T with his hands.

Since when can a fighter call timeout in the ring?

He should have his title taken away.

Glad to see i'm not the only one here who thinks this.

What did you guys think of the rest of the card? Aldo is a beast, dude is legit.

Yeah I was willing to dismiss the Varner/McCullough bout but after last night I really don't like Varner as champ.

That being said, there's no way he'd survive against the 155 guys in the UFC.

Are you pumped for your boy's fight this weekend Dance? I've got my sig riding on it, I'm hoping he pulls out the win!

Are you pumped for your boy's fight this weekend Dance? I've got my sig riding on it, I'm hoping he pulls out the win!

Dude I've never been so nervous for a fight before. He's fighting BJ ****ing Penn!

Gonna be a war for the ages.

As for how the fight will go, I see GSP taking it. I expect GSP to keep it standing and box with BJ. If he is losing standing he will take BJ penn. BJ has no defense for his takedowns. GSP is just too big, fast, strong and skilled.

How do u see it?

Dude I've never been so nervous for a fight before. He's fighting BJ ****ing Penn!

Gonna be a war for the ages.

As for how the fight will go, I see GSP taking it. I expect GSP to keep it standing and box with BJ. If he is losing standing he will take BJ penn. BJ has no defense for his takedowns. GSP is just too big, fast, strong and skilled.

How do u see it?

About the same. He'll test BJ's standup and if he gets outboxed he'll likely take BJ down and pound on him for a round or two like he did with Jon Fitch. If BJ hasn't changed much, he will gas after a couple rounds of g-n-p and I could see GSP getting a decision or a ref stoppage sometime in the later rounds.

GSP will have to be careful not to get Matt Serra'd though because Penn's standup is much improved.

But I have a lot of confidence in the Greg Jackson's camp these days.

I'm rooting for Penn and have a sig bet with Orlando but I'll say this for GSP... He's real good in rematches. If he's fought you once and lost, he figures you out and makes the rematch a tough night for you, ala Matt Hughes and Matt Serra.

So BJ Penn better have a whole new bag of tricks with him saturday night because we know for sure that Georges St. Pierre will be bringing a new bag for BJ.

Edit- Also, I'm sure that Dana would rather see GSP win and move up to face Anderson Silva before he'd want BJ "The Slacker" Penn to prove him wrong and hold 2 titles. If this fight is close, GSP will get the nod again even though he didn't deserve the first win over BJ.

Edited by Chachie

if GSP wins, he'll have to fight Alves before he gets a crack at Anderson.

i still see BJ finding a way to win this fight. he'll be motivated to avenge that loss from the first fight, especially since he doesn't believe he lost. GSP has the physical advantages, BJ has a slight edge in skill. GSP has better cardio and more heart.

all things being equal, GSP should win this match, something inside me just keeps telling me BJ will pull it out though. no real rhyme or reason to my logic, just more of a gut feeling