Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

keeastman, Rampage lost, it was close, closer than the judges cards but he lost. This is no where near what happened to Hamill

Not like the Hamill fight at all. I had rounds 2, 3 & 5 to Forrest. He could've taken round 1 if it weren't for that shot to the chin.

I could've seen it going either way but I gave a slight advantage to Forrest because of his domination in the 2nd and his lighting it up at the end of the 5th.

That was a hell of a fight though.

keeastman, Rampage lost, it was close, closer than the judges cards but he lost. This is no where near what happened to Hamill

SO Boooooo!

You have to have an overwhelming win to throw the champion from his seat. Forrest did not have that IMO. He won 2 out of the 5 rounds. Other rounds should have gone to Rampage as they were NOT overwhelming.

And Hamil got robbed. At least we agree with that.

...I don't think this was an overwhelming win. And I think that you need to have an overwhelming win to unseat the champ...
Although I agree with this staement 100%, it is not so in today's fight world, not MMA, not even boxing.
Which is BS IMO

Thats the problem with the system. When you judge a fight round-by-round this is going to happen. Forrest-Rampage was so close I can't complain. I think Almeida got screwed by the system. He clearly won the first round, and the last two rounds were draws. No one won those rounds. The system needs changing.

Congrats to Forrest. From TUF champ to real champ. Beats Shogun and Rampage in his last two fights. No one would have predicted that when UFC bought Pride.

So what's next for the Light Heavys? I think a rematch may be in order. Machida is the only guy I think can leapfrog Rampage for a title shot. Maybe if Rashad beats Liddell. He'd be undefeated with a win over the Iceman. That may guarantee him a title shot. But we all know Rashad is getting KTFO anyway.

So I see a rematch or Forrest-Machida next.

I hope Rampage starts fighting more frequently. All the top 205ers need to fight each other.

Machida

Wandy

Thiago

Chuck

Shogun

Anderson?

Might be the best division right now.

Thats the problem with the system. When you judge a fight round-by-round this is going to happen. Forrest-Rampage was so close I can't complain. I think Almeida got screwed by the system. He clearly won the first round, and the last two rounds were draws. No one won those rounds. The system needs changing.

Congrats to Forrest. From TUF champ to real champ. Beats Shogun and Rampage in his last two fights. No one would have predicted that when UFC bought Pride.

So what's next for the Light Heavys? I think a rematch may be in order. Machida is the only guy I think can leapfrog Rampage for a title shot. Maybe if Rashad beats Liddell. He'd be undefeated with a win over the Iceman. That may guarantee him a title shot. But we all know Rashad is getting KTFO anyway.

So I see a rematch or Forrest-Machida next.

I hope Rampage starts fighting more frequently. All the top 205ers need to fight each other.

Machida

Wandy

Thiago

Chuck

Shogun

Anderson?

Might be the best division right now.

Not might be. It is. That being said, I still think Chuck deserves his return bout with the champ. Let Lyoto fight a real fighter (no, Tito doesn't count). Wandy is a bad dude. Now's the time for him to fight 'Page in the cage. Shogun needs a work. Soku has been calling him out, let them have at it. Anderson hasn't done squat at 205 yet, no title shot. That will come soon enough. Not sure what to do with Thiago, but beating up one trick ponies isn't enough.

I ordered this with my friend last night and thought it was pretty good. Is it true that Dana White is screwing these guys on purses? I just looked it up and it looks like both guys made around $250k. Doesn't that seem low considering how much these PPVs make?

The early fights absolutely sucked. With that LH division as stacked as it is, there is no reason for such crappy bookings.

The main event was freaking incredible.

Forrest dominated Rampage from the start to the finish.

With the exception of one or two Rampage punches sneaking through.....he did absolutely nothing. Forrest pushed the action, and the kicks to the leg of Rampage were effective.

I was able to get a bet in at the last second.....when I saw Rampage shake hands with Wilmer Valdarama? on the way to the ring.......it seemed he might be coming in soft. He was.

He certainly did enough to bring the fight to Rampage, and to win the fight.

What were the two most dominant things of the fight?

The Forrest leg kicks......and when Forrest got on top of Rampage.

Now what was Rampage's best offensive maneuver of the night?

There wasn't one.

It was dominant. While not an overwhelming knockout or a complete beat down......he controlled the entire fight.

I don't know if if was the 9 mths off that hurt Rampage....one of the negative side effects of the Pride purchase--too many fighters, not enough venues, or if he just took Forrest too lightly.

But in all of the years I have watched Rampage, I have never seen him so unagressive before.

He just stood there.......didn't seem to have much of a plan, and looked out of shape.

He certainly did enough to bring the fight to Rampage, and to win the fight.

What were the two most dominant things of the fight?

The Forrest leg kicks......and when Forrest got on top of Rampage.

Now what was Rampage's best offensive maneuver of the night?

There wasn't one.

It was dominant. While not an overwhelming knockout or a complete beat down......he controlled the entire fight.

That fight was WAY too close to be considered a dominant win.

Forrest dominated Rampage in round 2 and other than that he utilized his reach and kept Rampage at bay with jabs and kicks.

Rampage caught Forrest with a couple of uppercuts that hurt him bad especially the one in the first round. He busted open a gash above Forrests eye on the ground and almost slammed him a couple of times.

That is not a dominating victory. Any fight that is so close it could go to either fighter or be a draw is not domination.

Wanderlei Silva over Keith Jardine = Domination

Forrest over Rampage = a 5-round war that went back and forth

Yeah.. "Domination" is NOT the word.

Going into the fifth round I had it even. I am one of the few who gave Forrest the first round and I didn't give him a 10-8 for the second but maybe should have. So I gave 'Page the third and fourth rounds. Tied up.

Griffin won the fifth round by advancing the pace and getting back to the leg kicks. So for me he won the fight. If it had been called a draw I wouldn't have complained but I certainly didn't think Jackson won.

Are we doing predictions? Here are mine:

Gonzaga KO McCully: C'mon, Gabe. Let's get it back on track. You were supposed to be awesome.

Tyson Griffin dec. Aurellio: Because that's what Tyson Griffin does.

Kos sub Lytle: Lytle's a gamer but Josh has too much talent.

Joe Daddy sub Tibau: Stevenson needs to impress and will.

Cote KO Almeida: Patrick can punch.

Quentin Jackson KO Forrest Griffin: Forrest is my fave but I think he's out of his league. (Of course, that's what I thought when he fought Rua...)

I didn't pick even one upset this time. This event doesn't have many tight matchups IMHO. All the favorites should cover.

I went 5 out of 6 on outcomes, only 2 out of 6 on "win by." Meh.

I'm kicking myself for doubting Forrest Griffin again. The guy just brings it.

While it wasn't a Wandy-Jardine ass-kicking, I find it hard to believe that there is even one person on earth who could make a case for Rampage winning that fight last night.

Maybe the "yeah, Forrest was technically better, but you have to dominate the champ to get the belt" thing could be argued, but imho, even a draw would have been a huge stretch.

Bottom Line imho: Rampage had close to zero offense.

Forrest had much more offense....and was on the attack nearly the entire fight.