Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Yup that was early. He was rocked but he immediately grabbed the leg and was obviously actively defending himself.

Plus he was pinned against the cage, and off balance, making it harder for him to move forward, so that slowed him down initially in his attempt to move move out of it, and gave the false illusion that he was incapable of defending himself.

Nothing early about the first stoppage

Absolutely.

Plus keep in mind, that was ruled a KO, and not a TKO.

And rightly so. He was out cold. Not even close to being early.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I will say though, he probably would have been finished. Grabbing that leg wasn't going to stop the punches raining down on him and he wasn't going to take too many more,

I wouldn't say it was inevitable.

I've seen many guys with lesser wrestling skills than Henderson, roll out of that position, and get back to their feet and recovering by that time.

Hendo looked like he was on his way to possibly doing that.

his eyes looked glassed over when he fell against the fence. Maybe a tad early, but that finish was inevitable IMO.

Nothing early about the first stoppage

Was referring to one of the earlier prelim fights. One with the immediate flying knee as the fight began. Edited by STBonecrusher21

so the next LHW title fight involves a guy who may have a coke problem vs. a guy who may beat women

Rumble was once choked out Josh Koscheck & Rich Clementi

MMA is a hell of a sport

The Josh Koscheck fight was complete bull****. He was killing Kos before Kos faked taking a knee to the head while on the ground. Not to mention he was a different fighter when he was cutting to 170. This is a whole different guy. I think he's going to destroy Bones. Edited by Taylor703

The Josh Koscheck fight was complete bull****. He was killing Kos before Kos faked taking a knee to the head while on the ground. Notominant mention he was a different fighter when he was cutting to 170. This is a whole different guy. I think he's going to destroy Bones.

Jones has one of the better chins at 205, that said, I don't think anyone can take Rumble's shot. Jones is a master tactician though, I don't expect him to stay in Rumble's striking range. I look for Jones to push the action against the fence and strike from within the clinch where he's the best. Rumble has a good takedown defense on shots, Jones will be better served using the clinch if he wants the takedown.

Rumble's never shown much of a ground game, if Bones can get him and keep him there, it should be a path to victory.

Edited by StillUnknown

He seems to have really really good TDD, though

On shots from distance he's excellent, we haven't seen enough of his wrestling from the clinch to properly gauge his abilities. Being at 205 probably helps in that regard as he should have more energy to fight. I'm intrigued by the matchup with Bones. Still picking Bones because at this point you pretty much have to until proven otherwise, but Rumble is live dog in this one.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Jones has one of the better chins at 205, that said, I don't think anyone can take Rumble's shot. Jones is a master tactician though, I don't expect him to stay in Rumble's striking range. I look for Jones to push the action against the fence and strike from within the clinch where he's the best. Rumble has a good takedown defense on shots, Jones will be better served using the clinch if he wants the takedown.

Rumble's never shown much of a ground game, if Bones can get him and keep him there, it should be a path to victory.

I know it's too late to show up and claim this now, but I also thought Rumble would beat Gus. I never made any pics here because I knew I wouldn't see the event. 

As for Rumble vs. Bones, I still think Jon is the elite and will use his ground game to stymie and ultimately submit Johnson.

If Jon decides to wrestle Rumble is screwed. His take down defense is better but it's not Cormier's level and Jon took him down many times. If Jon decides to strike with Rumble however he might get knocked the hell out. Obviously length and height don't bother Rumble and he's got hands, and accuracy, that can end any fight.

Jon should win fairly easily. Unless the coke head with inexplicably abnormally low testosterone decides to show the world what a great striker he is.

Edited by Destino

If Jon decides to wrestle Rumble is screwed. His take down defense is better but it's not Cormier's level and Jon took him down many times. If Jon decides to strike with Rumble however he might get knocked the hell out. Obviously length and height don't bother Rumble and he's got hands, and accuracy, that can end any fight.

Jon should win fairly easily. Unless the coke head with inexplicably abnormally low testosterone decides to show the world what a great striker he is.

Jones has shown that he's willing to go into areas where his opponent is supposed to be stronger. He stayed in Glover's power range the entire fight, stayed in Cormier's clinch range and not only survived, but thrived. He has good defense, so maybe he thinks he can play that striking game with Rumble and survive. I think if Rumble catches him, it will be with an uppercut from the clinch, Jones has been open for that shot his last couple of fights.

Right now, I'm going with Jones by submission.

Right now, I'm going with Jones by submission.

Ala the "Machida Drop?"   :)

BTW- I don't think Gus will ever get that title shot back because now he has to run through guys like DC and Texeira for a while.

Edited by Chachie

Ala the "Machida Drop?"   :)

BTW- I don't think Gus will ever get that title shot back because now he has to run through guys like DC and Texeira for a while.

That Machida submission is still one of my top 5 "finishing moments", every bit as good as a walkoff KO. I think Bones either gets a rear naked choke or kimura against Rumble though.

I think Gus can make it back to a title shot, especially if Jones still has the belt. There is still money to be made on Bones/Gus II. They could match him against Texeira, then Bader and sell him as title contender. I think he beats both of those guys easily.

• Like 1

You saying Jones doesn't get an immediate rematch against Rumble, if Jones loses ?

It's possible, but it also depends how the loss goes.  If it is a close split decision loss, I could see an immediate reaction, but if it is a KO, TKO or anyting bordering on "dominate" then I could see Jones needing a fight before the rematch.