Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Still want to see Nelson vs. Carwin, even if I didn't watch one single second of TUF this season. I think it's a good matchup for Roy, the power in his right hand is top shelf at HW. Boy is fat, but he has good speed behind his punches. That jiu jitsu base is now just a preventative medicine, so to speak. He's very much taking the Chuck and Hendo approach, develop a god damn nuke for a punch because people respect your grappling.

I will say this for Mitrione.. His boxing is amazing, at least offensively and he has good defensive footwork. He had Nelson stumped and was tagging him with sweetly scientific shots before Roy said "Screw it" and starting bombing.

Loved seeing Pat Barry get back in the win column last night too. He's just too good of a character to not have around. He also had to just throw caution to the wind and start bombing away.

Shane Del Rosario just hasn't been the same since the accident he was in. Before that no way Pat Berry would of defeated him.

Yep. I was watching the fights with some people that did not know much about him, and I was telling them the same thing. I hope he regains some of his skills in time like Mir did, but he certainly is not the same guy right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumped to raise awareness for tonight's UFC 155.

Guillard vs. Varner looks like a good fight. Tough to pick a winner in any Melvin Guillard fight because he can end or be ended at any moment. I'm going with Varner's craftiness.

Belcher over Okami. Alan's just tough as nails.

I'm thinking JDS knows he can ring Cain's bell and will find the sweet spot again.

Don't forget! THIS guy's on the card tonight!...

chrisleben.jpg

No matter what, I do love me some Leebs.

Edited by Chachie

Tim Boetsch's corner should have thrown the towel in prior to that stoppage. When it becomes clear that your fighter is too damage to win, and frankly properly defense himself, a corner should end the fight immediately. There is no value in floundering around in desperation hoping to show "heart" and "toughness" at the cost of high risk and prolonged recovery from additional or worsened injury.