Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

He's the new Chris Leben! Love Struve just as much for his offense as for his lack of D. ;)

That's a spot on comparison IMO. He'll never be champ or even get to a title fight (although in a thin HW division, he might), but he'll mostly beat the guys he should.

If he had Leben's chin, he might might could challenge for a title :ols:

I've always liked the lower tier cards (minus the main and co-main events). Guys are fighting for their jobs. Cuts are usually plentiful after these. I expect some desperation fighting. I'll take Browne by KO. Bigfoot's claim to fame is going Donkey Kong on Fedor, but since then he's been blasted hard. Browne has some decent quickness and technique, and plenty of power. I just think Silva is too slow for him on the feet.

I'll also pick Ellenburger by TKO in the 2nd.

+1 on those picks. The two main fights should be pretty good, plus it's nice to have a card to watch while we wait in next Saturday to get here.

I had to look up the event for next Saturday, I thought Silva vs. Bonnar was a couple months away :ols: Holy ****! And it's in Rio, so now the matchup makes more sense. It's to enhance the show for the hometown fans. Bonnar might be able to absorb some big shots as well. Should be hilarious. Watch Bonnar sub him :ols: A collective crapping of the pants throughout the MMA world. Hey, Vitor almost got Jones.

Six fights on the main card, every fight has at least one big name. Friggen awesome. The last several months have been one of the worst lulls in recent MMA history. Injuries everywhere, a mess of cards without more than 1 big fight, The Reem and Diaz suspended, GSP MIA, haven't seen Aldo in a bit, Jones keeps disassembling opponents in the same patient Cot Damn manner. Where's the spark? I love Anderson and JDS right now. Especially Anderson...

And I absolutely despised him after the triple threat of BS main events that I practically fell asleep watching. Yes, Leites had no cerebellum, yes, Cote wasn't exactly going Wanderlei Silva in there, but the Maia fight made it obvious for me. Silva had a bone to pick with the UFC. He did that **** on purpose. Now, he's just crushing people. The Okami fight was just pure and utter demolition. The only thing that makes it Silva's second-easiest fight is because of Forrest.

Anderson has been must-see-TV since that Maia **** happened. I promised myself never to buy a PPV he headlined again, now I can't wait to see him fight. Bonnar is a badass, so he should get messed up real good before getting saved.

I had to look up the event for next Saturday, I thought Silva vs. Bonnar was a couple months away :ols: Holy ****! And it's in Rio, so now the matchup makes more sense. It's to enhance the show for the hometown fans. Bonnar might be able to absorb some big shots as well. Should be hilarious. Watch Bonnar sub him :ols: A collective crapping of the pants throughout the MMA world. Hey, Vitor almost got Jones.

Six fights on the main card, every fight has at least one big name. Friggen awesome. The last several months have been one of the worst lulls in recent MMA history. Injuries everywhere, a mess of cards without more than 1 big fight, The Reem and Diaz suspended, GSP MIA, haven't seen Aldo in a bit, Jones keeps disassembling opponents in the same patient Cot Damn manner. Where's the spark? I love Anderson and JDS right now. Especially Anderson..

Seriously, there has been a big lull in MMA. Mostly due to injuries but hey at least RG3 has been keeping us entertained. Yep that card next weekend has a lot of entertaining matches. Maybe a lot of them are lopsided, talent-wise but hey 5-6 first round finishes is a good night of fights sometimes :D Silva, Nog, Texeira, Maia, plus I'm hoping that Erick Silva pulls a Johny Hendricks on Jon Fitch.

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 11:46 PM ----------

btw, the two main events were terrible tonight. Almost all of the other fights were way better.

I watched "UFC Roundtable: Legends" on Fuel TV this evening. Jay Glazer with Couture, Ortiz, Gracie, and Coleman talking MMA. Pretty cool.

Here are some of the "bests" they agreed upon....

Best fighter right now: Bones. Unanimous. Glazer threw Silva at them but they all said Jon's wrestling gives him the edge in an otherwise even affair. Ortiz also thinks Jones will be the best ever. Couture countered with the old "you never know how good they will be until they lose and still remain at the top." They all agreed so the conversation was left a little open-ended.

Favorite fighter right now: Couture picked Maynard. Ortiz and Coleman picked Sonnen. (Tito for Sonnen's promotional ability and Mark for Sonnen's game planning.) Gracie picked Aldo.

Can GSP beat Anderson Silva?: Only Couture said yes, with a ground game.

Can Silva beat Bones?: Tito and Randy said no. Gracie and Coleman said yes.

...All very typical answers. :)

Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar: Bonnar shjould utilize the Muay Thai clinch and perhaps even jab with Anderson. I think Bonnar's best shot is to play Anderson's game, put his hands down and use head movement. Bonnar's speed is extremely underrated, and his boxing is actually quite good. I think he has a chance here, imagine if he connects. I think we have a great chance of seeing Serra/GSP all over again. I'll even say Bonnar via 3rd rd TKO.

;)

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

That's less surprising than the Sonnen choice. The guys a cheating, lying, convicted criminal that gets ahead by running his mouth. He's finished one fight in the UFC and WEC combined.

:ols: You are right. People are mesmerized by his trash talk. It's an Adolph Hitler complex. Sonnen can talk in detail about breaking in to Wanderlei Silva's home, or any other ****ed up thing, and fans latch on even more. What I look for is the actual performance in the friggen' octagon, and Chael has only knocked my socks off once, when he almost prayed Silva to a victory. I mean, c'mon, the only reason lay & pray is ever intriguing is when it will potentially defeat a champion. To Sonnen's credit, he did pop Anderson a few times, but that doesn't put him over JDS in my book :ols:

Or Hendo

Or Nick Diaz

Or Nate Diaz

Or Aldo

Or ANDERSON

the list goes on....

Sonnen's boring when he ain't on the mic :paranoid:

Same here. What's crazier, I know a Jon Fitch fan. Like Fitch is his favorite, or at least one of his favorites. What made it funny, he told me right before Fitch's fite against Hendricks. Who KO'ed him in 30 seconds.

Tell him not to watch the Erick Silva fight then, I don't think it's going to end well for Fitch.

you_are_correct_sir.jpg

:ols:

The card tonight has some good storylines, next to the Anderson/Bonnar exhibition.

Big Nog has to beat Dave Herman. I think he will, he's the better fighter. Anything can happen though, and Big Nog has been way up and down lately.

Teixiera is everyone's favorite dark horse. His performance is going to be looked at with a microscope tonight. If he destroys Maldanado, he'll definitely get a top contender (if they all don't duck him).

MMA's gift from God, Jon Fitch is back. Erick Silva is my favorite fighter tonight.

Phil Davis needs to make a statement sooner or later, but this could be a trap fight. Much isn't known about Wagner Prado except that he's a kickboxer who's been blasting guys. Blue belt though, I think Mr. Wonderful will get him down and sub him.

Maia and Story are right around middle of the pack at this point. I'll take K1 Maia by split decision.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

My heart can't stomach Nog losing to an incredibly mediocre fighter like Pee Wee Herman, which means Nog is goner.

Anderson by whatever he wants

Glover by KO, Maldanado has really ****ty defense

Davis by submission

Story by split decision

Fitch by Fitching, hope i'm wrong though. Silva & Nelson are my favorite prospects at 170

Edited by StillUnknown