Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'm not sure how you can watch Bones, and not see skill. Particularly when you compare his standup technique in his first UFC fight against Gusmao to his fights against Shogun/Rampage/Rashad.

You're probably right its just that when I'm watching him he looks so effortless. Most fighters when you watch them you can tell what their strengths are. Watching Bones stand up game is crazy. His length let's him strike and just look so natural. I love the way he uses his elbows in close. Like razor blades cutting through paper. What do you see in the Hendo fight?

You're probably right its just that when I'm watching him he looks so effortless. Most fighters when you watch them you can tell what their strengths are. Watching Bones stand up game is crazy. His length let's him strike and just look so natural. I love the way he uses his elbows in close. Like razor blades cutting through paper. What do you see in the Hendo fight?

I see it playing out a lot like the Rampage fight. Hendo will have to take some chances if he wants to land the H-Bomb. At this stage of his career, I don't think Hendo has the wrestling to get Bones to the ground. I think Bones submits Hendo in the 3rd after Hendo gasses.

I think Hendo will be going after Jones very, very early. He has nothing to lose and should know by now he's built for power, not stamina. He should try as hard as he can to make it ugly, because Jones has been so effortless in there. Once he gets his hands on Hendo and gets him breathing, doesn't matter if it's the first round, I'll pretty much lose all hope.

Jones can definitely take Hendo down, especially after making Dan defend combinations. Hendo's wrestling game has taken a back seat to his commitment to power punching. Everything in his game has taken a back seat to it. He either tornados one in to Jones chin or he'll be quickly dispatched.

I think Hendo will be going after Jones very, very early. He has nothing to lose and should know by now he's built for power, not stamina. He should try as hard as he can to make it ugly, because Jones has been so effortless in there. Once he gets his hands on Hendo and gets him breathing, doesn't matter if it's the first round, I'll pretty much lose all hope.

Jones can definitely take Hendo down, especially after making Dan defend combinations. Hendo's wrestling game has taken a back seat to his commitment to power punching. Everything in his game has taken a back seat to it. He either tornados one in to Jones chin or he'll be quickly dispatched.

This is how I see it too...it's either going to be an early KO for Hendo or a mid to late submission for Bones.

Ronda's cool as ****. I think a Cyborg fight is very bad news for her though. I think she needs more than a couple tests on the feet before that fight, hopefully Kaufmann provides that a little bit. Hell, she could armbar Cyborg for sure, but say that avenue doesn't work on that occassion...

Cyborg sends her to acting school in the first at this point.

Ronda's cool as ****. I think a Cyborg fight is very bad news for her though. I think she needs more than a couple tests on the feet before that fight, hopefully Kaufmann provides that a little bit. Hell, she could armbar Cyborg for sure, but say that avenue doesn't work on that occassion...

Cyborg sends her to acting school in the first at this point.

Cyborg's no slouch on the ground herself, she regularly competes & wins jiu-jitsu competitions.

Rousey's standup game looked pretty basic against Tate, especially her defense.

Cyborg's no slouch on the ground herself, she regularly competes & wins jiu-jitsu competitions.

1279082592656.jpg

dat suplex

Although I can't see her pulling anything remotely close to a throw off on Ronda Rousey...by the same token Ronda isn't going to be able to do anything against Cyborg with her striking....classic striker vs grappler match. But let's see her get past Kaufman first. I think she will but Kaufman isn't one to sleep on.

Rousey's standup game looked pretty basic against Tate, especially her defense.

It isn't difficult to imagine Cyborg trying to armbar HER. That might be one of the worst stylistic matchups in the game at this point. Ronda needs several tune up fights, and we all know she's getting the best training "they" can find her. The UFC needs to make a Women's division in the next few years. We have horse jockeys fighting each other, we can have the most badass chicks on the planet fighting each other. Don't have to flood the market with them, the division doesn't need to be stacked, we don't need to see them all the time. Put a lot of them on the undercard, until two chicks start to put together a streak and can be the first fight of the night on a PPV.

If Rousey keeps winning and she ends up fighting Cyborg, that fight could easily be a co main on a PPV. More interesting than Gullard vs. Cerrone, if you ask me.

Hell, if you asked me before UFC 149 if I'd rather watch Rousey vs. Cyborg or Barao vs. Faber...I'd have picked the ladies. So in essence it would pass as a Main Event for the UFC at this point.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

It isn't difficult to imagine Cyborg trying to armbar HER. That might be one of the worst stylistic matchups in the game at this point. Ronda needs several tune up fights, and we all know she's getting the best training "they" can find her. The UFC needs to make a Women's division in the next few years. We have horse jockeys fighting each other, we can have the most badass chicks on the planet fighting each other. Don't have to flood the market with them, the division doesn't need to be stacked, we don't need to see them all the time. Put a lot of them on the undercard, until two chicks start to put together a streak and can be the first fight of the night on a PPV.

If Rousey keeps winning and she ends up fighting Cyborg, that fight could easily be a co main on a PPV. More interesting than Gullard vs. Cerrone, if you ask me.

Hell, if you asked me before UFC 149 if I'd rather watch Rousey vs. Cyborg or Barao vs. Faber...I'd have picked the ladies. So in essence it would pass as a Main Event for the UFC at this point.

I still don't think there is enough talent to support a women's division. Maybe if you scrap the 135 & 145lb weight classes and have 1 140lb class you could make it work. At 135lbs, Ronda will run into the same problem that Cyborg had at 145lbs, there just are not many compelling fights.

My picks for tonight's card:

Bendo over Edgar by Unanimous Decision: Frankie seems to be king of rematches, but he's been on the receiving end of a lot of abuse his last 3 fights, and its catching up to him.

Melvin over Cerrone by Unanimous Decision: Cerrone could make things easy by taking him to the ground, but Cerrone doesn't always fight smart. His lack of head movement might cost him against Melvin. toss up fight though

I'm struggling to care about any fights on this card.

Edited by StillUnknown

My picks for tonight's card:

Bendo over Edgar by Unanimous Decision: Frankie seems to be king of rematches' date=' but he's been on the receiving end of a lot of abuse his last 3 fights, and its catching up to him.

Melvin over Cerrone by Unanimous Decision: Cerrone could make things easy by taking him to the ground, but Cerrone doesn't always fight smart. His lack of head movement might cost him against Melvin. toss up fight though

I'm struggling to care about any fights on this card.[/quote']

I think Frankie will find a way and i think Cowboy will win. Hope someone has a link.

I have Bendo winning again because quite frankly I see the fight going just about the same as last time. Still not sure exactly why Edgar got the automatic rematch to begin with. It's not like he is even close to the status of guys like GSP or A. Silva who have ruled their weight divisions for years and a loss by them would be considered shocking. Oh well, it should still be an entertaining fight.