Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

UFC on FOX 2 (good free card) Picks:

Quick undercard picks (Comcast still doesn't have Fuel TV and this is a good undercard) :(

Charles Oliveira vs. Eric Wisely (Oliveira by sub Round 1)

George Roop vs. Cub Swanson (Swanson by sub Round 2)

Mike Russow vs. John-Olav Einemo (Russow by TKO Round 1)

Demian Maia vs. Chris Weidman:

I still think Maia got sold short on this fight. Weidman is a good up & comer, but a win over Bisping would've helped Maia out more and a loss to Weidman will hurt him more than a loss to Bisping would've. Regardless, Weidman is solid on the ground and a good wrestler and I think that his and Maia's standup are at least equal at this point (I know Maia's been working very hard on his boxing). Maia has fared well against wrestlers in the past and as good as Weidman has looked with his submissions, he still isn't going to want to get into a rolling session with Maia.

Maia by Submission Round 2

Chael Sonnen vs. Michael Bisping

These are two guys going at it that are both widely hated in the MMA community but I think people hate Bisping a little more. Personally, I've grown to become a fan of Sonnen over the last few years, both because of his smack talk and because his takedowns & top control in the cage are a thing of beauty. Bisping is an underrated athlete who always comes into the cage in great shape and his plan is usually to outwork guys with his boxing and cardio. Sonnen is also a gifted athlete with incredible cardio and IMO, underrated boxing. I don't see Bisping stopping Sonnen's takedowns and even if he manages to do so, I don't think he can outbox Sonnen.

Sonnen by UD

Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis

Speaking of hated fighters, Rashad is another one of the most hated in the game, but he's also one of the best at 205 right now. I like Phil Davis as a prospect and his wrestling IMO is better than Rashad's (both his pure wrestling credentials and his wrestling in MMA) but I think he's biting off more than he can chew here. Rashad's standup is at another level and I think he hands Davis his first loss.

Rashad by TKO Round 2

Cub Swanson knocked that dudes mouthpiece out, highlight reel stuff. I watched it from across the room, but I was yelling "STOP THE FIGHT!" over and over. Anyone else think that was insanely late? He was asleep on the floor getting whacked around, then he was flopped really hard on to his back and finally the ref saw he was dead.

If I hear "Chicago's Own" one more freakin time, I'm turnin the damn sound off for the Russo-Einamo fight, and listen to Rick Astley music during the fight, which would be so much more enjoyable.

It's OBVIOUS the guy is "Chicago's Own" by that belly fat he has, from apparently so much Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.

Edited by Mickalino

If I hear "Chicago's Own" one more freakin time, I'm turnin the damn sound off for the Russo-Einamo fight, and listen to Rick Astley music during the fight, which would be so much more enjoyable.

It's OBVIOUS the guy is "Chicago's Own" by that belly fat he has, from apparently so much Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Then at the end of the fight he says it twice in the span of 15 seconds. So where's he from, Goldie? :ols:

Here comes the decision, let's see if Goldie says it........

YUP! "Chicago's Own makes it 11 straight victories!"

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Then at the end of the fight he says it twice in the span of 15 seconds. So where's he from, Goldie? :ols:

Here comes the decision, let's see if Goldie says it........

YUP! "Chicago's Own makes it 11 straight victories!"

They should start referring to Einamo as "Chicago's Own" now.....Because the dude from Chicago OWNED Einamo.

Bones co-hosting the fights for Fox (along with Coture), doing a good job too. Good speaker.

UFC announced on twitter, he's headlining 145 in ATL. Opponent depends on the outcome of tonight's fight. If Rashad wins, and stays healthy, he gets the shot. If Rashad loses or is hurt, Hendo probably gets it.

Best part so far in last 40 minutes was the robot fight

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 08:41 PM ----------

Wiedman wins by split decision

Good for him

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 08:43 PM ----------

Fighting Chael Sonnen may be hazardous to your health :ols:

Only time I have wanted Bisping to win is tonight. "The Count" might be an insufferable dbag but he's not a criminal, cheater, and a dbag like Sonnen. Don't think he will pull it off though, match up favors Sonnen.

Edited by Destino

First round played out how I thought it would. Chael can take Bisping down, but has trouble keeping him there. Bisping landing some good shots standing, but he has no power & Chael has a good chin.

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 09:07 PM ----------

I have 19-19 going into the 3rd.

Sonnen got a takedown in round 2, but didnt do anything with it. Bisping is clearly winning the standup and is actually controlling Chael against the cage which surprises me. Chael looks exhausted.

Bisping is controlling the majority of the fight and getting the best of striking. Sonnen scoring takedowns.

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 09:11 PM ----------

The ref has allowed Sonnen to lay and pray all round. Never seen a fight do less with full mount or from the back.

Edited by Destino