Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Even that was not enough of a blitz by Aerts. If you let Overeem walk you down, it's big trouble. You could almost tell it was over right when Aerts started backing up, and it wasn't even because he got hit. Just can't let that monster back you down. As scary as the formula is, going after him has worked in the past.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I think this is Overeem's ticket to the UFC once his Strikeforce contract is over. His goal was to be a K-1 champion since before he started training MMA now that he has done it he can go back to MMA full time where he can throw knees as he pleases.

Edited by Patrick86L

It amazes me that this guy is the best heavyweight kickboxer on the planet (save Badr Hari) and has the ground game he possesses. Definitely one of the most unique fighters of this era. Imagine Damian Maia being a badass striker on top of being the jiu jitsu kingpin in MMA. Or Johnny Hendricks having dynamic muay thai skills on top of being such a great wrestler. Very unique.

UFC 124: Will We Be Impressed With GSP's Par-4-mance?

Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig: This fight seems like a battle to determine who gets to stay in the UFC as a gatekeeper. Similar fighters, with Stevenson having an edge wrestling, but Danzig probably having a better standup game. I think Stevenson gets a couple of takedowns and grinds his way to victory or catches a submission.

Stevenson by Submission, 2nd Round

Thiago Alves vs. John Howard: Howard just simply isn't as good as Alves. Alves' biggest issue will be his weight cut and how it affects his gas tank. Howard has the single shot power to end any man's night at 170, but I see Alves brutalizing his legs en route to a stoppage.

Alves by (T)KO, 1st Round

Jim.Miller vs. Charles Oliveira: This is a heat check match to determine just how good Oliveira really is. Standing I think Oliveira will have a slight advantage as he has a more varied game and is much quicker. The ground game will be a battle as Miller has the wrestling to put him on his back and is skilled himself in avoiding submissions. That being said, Oliveira has a very dynamic ground game, with very quick transitions. I think Miller's best approach is to "Couture" Oliveira by pressing him against the cage and striking from close range. I really want to pick Oliveira here as I think he's one of the best prospects at 155, but at only 20 or 21 years old, I'm thinking Miller is a just a tad too much for him right now. Oliveira will have his moments, but Jim Miller will get the victory.

Miller by Unanimous Decision

Stefan Struve vs. Sean McCorkle: Not exactly sure how this fight ended up with co-main event status. Struve is a decent prospect, but everytime he's faced anybody with a name, he's been blasted out in short order. McCorkle subbed a Mark Hunt who probably only there for the paycheck. I'll go with Struve with absolutely no rhyme or reason behind it.

Struve by Submission, 2nd Round

Georges St. Pierre. vs. Josh Koscheck: Koscheck has improved greatly since their first fight, and he shouldn't be as stupid as to completely disregard GSP's wrestling again. That being said, GSP has improved at an even greater clip over the same period of time. As I said before, I think Kos' only chance of winning is landing that kill shot before he's put on his back. The real question about this fight is whether GSP will finish. With Condit doing in less than 1 round what GSP couldn't do in 5, GSP needs to finish this one. GSP claims to be more motivated for this fight than any other, I would like to see a finish to prove it. Should Koscheck somehow pulls off the upset, I would not want to be in that arena :ols: .

GSP by (T)KO, Round 4

Edited by StillUnknown

Thiago Alves vs. John Howard: Alves has more tools in the toolbox, I'd like to see a balanced performance by him here. He doesn't get lulled in to a slugfest, takes his time, and chops Howard down by the end of round 2.

Thiago Alves, TKO, Round 2

Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig: Did you know Danzig is 3 and 6 since 2007? I rooted for Danzig on TUF, liked his focused mindset, but the guy just doesn't seem to be fit for this level of competition. Daddy will find dominant position in a scramble and find a sub right after that. Unfortunately, it looks like that result would be it for Danzig in the UFC.

Stevenson, Guillotine, Round 1

Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira: Even though Oliveira subs people left and right, Miller will want to test him on the mat, being a BJJ Black Belt. Oliveira is quick as all hell standing up, his head movement makes it look like he's in the Matrix. I don't know if you want to test that area if you're Miller. A big thing here is if he'll be able to get inside and take Oliveira down. I think Oliveira stays too quick on his feet, and picks Miller apart the majority of the fight.

Oliveira, Unanimous Decision

Stefan Struve vs. Sean McCorkle: Who lands first? I think that's the question going in to this one. The guy with the shorter reach is 6 foot 7 here. Just imagine being the ref in that fight. Give me a football helmet.

Struve, TKO, round 1

George St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck: Koscheck has those wrestling credentials, but GSP is so fluid at setting up takedowns with his standup. I think GSP keeps Koscheck on his heels and back until he finishes him. Koscheck has developed power in his punches, but he's still a little sloppy. GSP finds a hole and calls upon Paulo Thiago's uppercut.

GSP, KO, round 2

It amazes me that this guy is the best heavyweight kickboxer on the planet (save Badr Hari) and has the ground game he possesses. Definitely one of the most unique fighters of this era. Imagine Damian Maia being a badass striker on top of being the jiu jitsu kingpin in MMA. Or Johnny Hendricks having dynamic muay thai skills on top of being such a great wrestler. Very unique.

Maia is a poor mans Jacare IMO, Ubereem is something else though. I hope he fights fedor soon.

Dustin Hazelett just got tooled on the ground. :wtf:

Hello Fight Night undercard, man. He's gotta feel especially devastated by that one. Could even be cut, knowing how Dana works.

i think he's getting cut, he dropped down in weight for tonights fight so he can't pull that card. he's been brutally KO'd twice and now he got dominated in his own area. been nice knowing you Hazelett

I'm looking forward to the Oliveira/Miller bout almost as much as I am the main event.

---------- Post added December-11th-2010 at 10:07 PM ----------

i think he's getting cut, he dropped down in weight for tonights fight so he can't pull that card. he's been brutally KO'd twice and now he got dominated in his own area. been nice knowing you Hazelett

Yep, he'll be begging Strikforce for a job in the morning.

I'm rooting for Kos, mainly because of where the fight is. Would be hysterical to see reaction of the crowd!

Also though. GSP has cemented his legacy at 170. Winning or losing tonight is not going too much to change anything in anyone's mind, plus the fact that he kind of indirectly let it slip that he is moving to 185 after this fight, regardless of the outcome.

I really don't want the next 170 champ to have to deal with the "yeah, too bad he never beat the real champ"

Of course, you'd think Dana would want to milk Shields vs. GSP before GSP moves up, unless Dana has stopped drinking the kool-aid and realizes Shields is overrated and no one really cares.