Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I can't decide which prospect I like more between the two. Oliveira has the better overall ground game, but Barboza is like Aldo with the leg kicks

Same here. Both of them have skills that translate to MMA very well. I read somewhere that Barboza has like 30 MT fights to his name and has won most of them by KO and he's only 24! These guys are a glimpse at the new breed of MMA fighters that are on the way...guys that have been training since they were kids.

Same here. Both of them have skills that translate to MMA very well. I read somewhere that Barboza has like 30 MT fights to his name and has won most of them by KO and he's only 24! These guys are a glimpse at the new breed of MMA fighters that are on the way...guys that have been training since they were kids.

the future of MMA is going to be crazy to watch. guys like Aldo & Bone Jones will be the norm.

Barboza look like he cuts alot of weight to get to 155, he may be the biggest outside of Maynard & Gleison Tibeau.

his striking is a thing of beauty to a technique snob like myself lol

Edited by StillUnknown

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21608/exclusive-bellator-expected-to-air-live-on-fx-delayed-on-fsn-and-fuel-tv-in-2011.mma

Bellator Fighting Championships officials are expected to announce a multi-year broadcast deal with FOX Entertainment Group, sources today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

As part of the deal, future Bellator events are expected to air live on the FX cable station with tape-delayed broadcasts on sister stations FOX Sports Net and Fuel TV.

Bellator aired its first first season on the Spanish-language ESPN Deportes and its two most recent seasons on FSN.

Sources said the deal is in the process of being finalized and soon could be announced.

MMAjunkie.com today spoke to Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney. The former boxing executive said he can't comment on the organization's television efforts but promised fans will be pleased.

"We're super excited about our next evolution on TV," Rebney said. "We're always trying to produce the most exciting and captivating MMA for our fans. Our next step is a significant move in that direction. But at this time, I can't elaborate on what those alliances would be."

Sources, though, said Bellator likely will keep its Thursday-night live timeslots with the move to FX. The FSN and Fuel TV broadcasts likely will include "highlights" packages from those events.

Although more prominent than many MMA promotions' broadcast deals, Bellator's have been criticized since the company launched in 2008. Few fans had ESPN Deportes on their basic cable lineup, and FSN often pre-empted live Bellator shows for other programming in many markets. Replays/highlights packages that aired via delay in weekend slots on NBC, Telemundo and mun2 did little to curb complaints about fans' inability to watch the shows live.

However, in recent months, Rebney continually has promised that a better broadcast deal is in the works. The promoter, who recently earned a 2010 World MMA Award "Leading Man" nomination, has had to debunk rumors of a potential demise and sponsorship troubles.

This latest deal, though, could take Bellator and its 12-week fight seasons to a new level. FX, which launched in 1994, is available on most basic-cable packages and can be scene in approximately 100 million households (which is about the same as ESPN in the U.S.).

Prominently featuring eight-man (and eight-woman) tournaments that span each three-month/12-show season, Bellator now ranks among the top three to four MMA promotions in the world. Notable Bellator fighters include middleweight champion Hector Lombard, lightweight title-holder Eddie Alvarez, welterweight champ Ben Askren and others. In addition to the tourney bouts, Bellator events also feature many notables in traditional fight bookings, and as the organization travels each week to venues across the U.S., regional fighters are featured in untelevised preliminary-card fights.

Bellator's upcoming fourth season is expected to launch in the spring of 2011 with another slate of tournaments in various weight classes.

pretty good deal for Bellator. no more preemptions from local sports programming

Strikeforce picks:

Benji Radach vs. Ovince St. Preux: Radach's ring rust is concerning here, especially since St. Preux has started to hit his stride. Going with the upset.

St. Pruex, KO, round 2.

Antonio Silva vs. Mike Kyle: Very good matchup, Silva has the advantage on the ground and in the chin-department. Or should i say in the CHIN department?

Antonio Silva, RNC, round 2.

Paul Daley vs. Scott Smith: [Enter comment about how awesome Scott Smith is here]. I think Daley's punching power is too much for Smith to absorb and fire back to. He's got Leben-esque survivability (or does Leben have Smith-esque survivability?). Fact of the matter is that Daley's haymakers aren't too survivable.

Daley, TKO, round 1.

Robbie Lawlor vs. Matt Lindland: Lawler usually shines when he's facing another striker. I'm feeling an upset here, in the form of ground control.

Lindland, Unanimous Decision.

Dan Henderson vs. Babalu Sobral: Henderson does have to worry about the submissions, but he shouldn't be on his back that much here. Henderson lands a bomb, imagine that.

Dan Henderson, KO, round 2.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Strikeforce picks:

Benji Radach vs. Ovince St. Preux: Radach will be rusty, but he still has that killshot power in him. not sure how prepared St. Preux is for this fight since he just fought 2 weeks ago. i think St. Preux outworks for Radach for a round or 2 before Radach lands the killshot.

Radach by (T)KO, 2nd Round

Antonio Silva vs. Mike Kyle: Silva is just a better fighter in all areas

Silva by Submission, 2nd Round

Paul Daley vs. Scott Smith: Smith needs to watch the body shots, he seems to take punches to the face slightly better. Daley is too accurate, too powerful, and this is Smith's first trip to 170. this is a terrible matchup for Smith, the "lazarus" comeback is really is his best shot.

Daley by (T)KO, Round 1

Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Lindland: If Lawler wants to remain relevant, he really needs to win this fight. Lindland's wrestling has diminished with his age, Lawler should be able to keep this standing and finish him.

Lawler by (T)KO, Round 1

Dan Henderson vs. Babalu Sobral: Henderson's wrestling has also diminshed with age, but he probably won't be trying to go to the ground much anyway. Henderson would be wise to employ some strategy in his striking besides trying to land the nuclear bomb that is his right hand. not sure why, but I see Babalu winning this fight.

Babablu by Split Decision

TUF Finale Picks: We're not joking, Bonnar is actually main eventing a card

Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan: Phan will brawl with Garcia and it will be his downfall. Garcia seems to have the judges favor as long as he moves forward, no matter how bad he is being countered. Phan will have to go the extra mile to convince judges he's winning rounds.

Garcia by Unanimous Decision

Johnny Hendricks vs. Rick Story: Could easily end up being the best fight on either card tonight. Very similar style of fighters. Hendricks has some of the best wrestling credentials in the UFC, but I think he's kind of small for 170. Story is just relentless, who's gotten better with each fight. Wrestling edge goes to Hendricks, but i'm not sure he'll have an easy time getting or keeping Story down. Striking is about even with the technique going to Story, but the power to Hendricks. I'm going with Hendricks in close one.

Hendricks by Unanimous Decision

Demian Maia vs. Kendall Grove: Grove would be wise to employ a hit and run strategy. he has 6'6" worth of limbs for maia to grab a hold of, not a good situation for Grove. Maia will drag this to the ground and remind people he should be fighting better fighters than Kendall Grove at this point.

Maia by Submission, Round 1

Michael Johnson vs. Jonathan Brookins: Johnson gassed in just about all of his fights on the show. Brookins has a very bad standup game. Johnson should use his wrestling in reverse to keep it standing, but I'm thinking Brookins wrestling is better and he will drag Johnson down and wear on him over 3 rounds. I'm smelling a stinker of fight on this one

Jonathan Brookins by Unanimous Decision

Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac: Ok Dana, I understand your loyalty to Bonnar for his part in Griffin/Bonnar I, that being said this fight doesn't belong on the main card, let alone main eventing the damn card. There has to be a way Dana can show appreciation to Bonnar without giving a spot on a card he doesn't deserve. As for the matchup, this is a fight Bonnar should win as it is essentially a gift fight Bonnar. Then again, his fight with Mark Coleman was supposed to be a gift as well. Bonnar will lose and will main event UFC 135 as a reward.

Pokrajac by Unanimous Decision

Edited by StillUnknown

Strikeforce picks:

Antonio Silva vs. Mike Kyle: Anyone named "Bigfoot" is cool in my book.

Silva by sasquatch ground and pound.

Paul Daley vs. Scott Smith: Wow. Poor Scott Smith. Like StillUnknown so eloquently put it, we'd all love to see the dead rise but Paul Daley's vicious.

Daley by (T)KO, Round 1

Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Lindland: Matt Lindland or "The Thing," as I affectionately refer to him, has at least one foot in Jeremy Horn country. He's a greatly respected veteran who perhaps should be considering a career strictly in coaching. The Belfort KO was not the only time I've seen him get KTFO with one shot in the past couple years. The problem for him tonight is that Robbie has bricks in his hands.

Lawler by KO, first clean standing shot he lands

Dan Henderson vs. Babalu Sobral: I was impressed with Sobral's handling of Lawler and he can do the same tonight if he can avoid the heavy hands of Hendo. He'll have to do a lot of it on the ground though. Tough call here in a great Pride-style matchup. I like both guys.

Hendo by UD but I'm making that call on resume alone.

Edited by Chachie

Strikeforce:

Radach by Udec

Silva by Udec

Daley KO rd 2

Lawler TKO rd3

Hendo Split Dec

TUF 12

Garcia by TKO rd3

Hendricks by Udec

Maia by Udec

Brookins by Udec

Bonnar by Udec

Overall I think the Strikeforce card is better but I have got alot of time invested in TUF so I think Im going to watch TUF live and watch Strikeforce later either on demand or on replay (No DVR). While truth be told the only fights on either that mean anything as far as contendership or title picture is Hendo and Bablu and of course the Final of TUF for the contract. Daley or Smith will have to win at least one more fight at 170 before they let them fight Diaz (who Smith has already lsot to and do you really want to see it again?) and this is Daleys first Strikeforce fight and Smiths first at 170. All of the other fights in my opinion are either one more or several fights away from title contention. Lawler or Lindlan might be in the mix but they are both coming off of losses so they should both have to win one or two more in order to fight for the 185 belt in SF.

Hopefully everyone will put on entertaining fights tonite.

TUF Finale Picks

Johnny Hendricks vs. Rick Story: I'm not even going against keeastman on this. She makes the guy practically family here.

Ricky Story by flying double knee into boston crab because he rules the cage foreverrrrrrrrr.

Demian Maia vs. Kendall Grove: Not a Grove fan. Not crazy about Maia, but find it hard to root for Spider.

Maia by Submission, Round 3

Michael Johnson vs. Jonathan Brookins: The mystery here for me is that every finale, a couple of the fighters show huge improvement from the show and actually look UFC dangerous. I really think it could be one or both of these guys with the more likely candidate being Brookins. I say big finish tonight for him.

Jonathan Brookins by RNC, rd 3.

Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac: No matter how much of a scam he is, I still like Bonnar's personaltiy and want him to do well in fights. I think he found a new breath of life in the Soszynsiskzzskzkskzy fight and has dedicated himself to one training camp with strength being a focus. I hope it pays off.

American Psycho by.... wtf I'll go with kneebar

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 08:53 PM ----------

Overall I think the Strikeforce card is better but I have got alot of time invested in TUF so I think Im going to watch TUF live and watch Strikeforce later either on demand or on replay

Hopefully everyone will put on entertaining fights tonite.

Totally agree. I'm recording Strikeforce.

Lol at the crowd

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 06:41 PM ----------

garcia getting a 30-27 makes no sense at all

phan got the 30-27 card, the other 2 judges scored it 29-28 for Garcia

i would imagine those 2 judges look something like this:

blind.jpg

Edited by StillUnknown