Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Ever seen someone defend a slam? wow lyoto is a ninja.

2-1 rampage with the 1st being the question mark. Split decisions makes perfect sense.

Someone has a crush!

Seriously though, you could see "I'm gonna slam him!" going through Rampage's mind and I was wondering if Machida would let it go before he got slammed, he was pretty quick with that.

Someone has a crush!

Seriously though, you could see "I'm gonna slam him!" going through Rampage's mind and I was wondering if Machida would let it go before he got slammed, he was pretty quick with that.

I'm a style fan and thus big fans of fighters that personify those styles. If that fight was entirely in silhouettes you would be able to tell that was Lyoto and Rampage. It's so different watching that then the undercards which seem to be "standard MMA". Leg kick leg kick punch punch, take down attempt (stuffed) rinse repeat.

I'm a style fan and thus big fans of fighters that personify those styles. If that fight was entirely in silhouettes you would be able to tell that was Lyoto and Rampage. It's so different watching that then the undercards which seem to be "standard MMA". Leg kick leg kick punch punch, take down attempt (stuffed) rinse repeat.

Yeah, that was definitely two people that personify the styles they represent. I'm looking forward to seeing an immediate rematch, though I don't know what it would mean for Machida if he were to lose three fights in a row at this point in his career.

Dana announced George S. vs. Dennis Siver for the Australian card in Feb.

AND

Penn vs. Fitch on the same card. That should be a real test for Penn ad his wrestling defense/cardio. He loses this one he should stay at 155 for good. Great to see such a quick turnaround for Penn.

Dana announced George S. vs. Dennis Siver for the Australian card in Feb.

AND

Penn vs. Fitch on the same card. That should be a real test for Penn ad his wrestling defense/cardio. He loses this one he should stay at 155 for good. Great to see such a quick turnaround for Penn.

seems like a step back for George S., but i guess they want him to look good in his hometown. then again with the WEC merger, he's can't get a title shot until the 2nd half of next year at the earliest

Fitch vs. Penn is a great fight though

Phil Davis is the man. Mr. Wonderful indeed. My only question is, when is Shogun ready to hand over the title to him?

in 2 years, Jon Jones vs. Phil Davis might be the biggest fight the sport can make

Edited by StillUnknown

Decent nite of fights.....The Page fight went as expected....The shine is off of Machida and now people are starting to figure out that elusiveness does not win fights....you have to do more than not get hit.

The big surprise in my opinion was the Lauzon vs G Sot fight....I did not expect G Sot to finish him. I am also surprised that G-Sots next fight is with Siver.....the guy is undefeated in the UFC and has beat Stevenson, Pelligrino, and Lauzon and not just won but beat them down. I figured he would get a fight with the likes of Sherk, Florian, Gomi, Dunham, Guida etc. someone who if he wins you start talking title shot even witha win over Siver (who I do not consider in the title picture) he is still going to need another fight before he gets to the title shot status.....I know he is a pro but the window for opporutunity in this sport is so small if I was him I would be calling people out trying to get that shot.

I like putting Fitch in there with Penn.....if KOS wins the title and Bj can beat the blanket known as Fitch your setting BJ up for a title fight since fitch is with out a doubt the best 170lbs fighter besides GSP. Plus if Fitch loses Dana gets him out of the title picture which is what he wants.

So, who really won the Rampage/Machida fight (I didn't watch)? Seems to me that a sport that prides itself as the most realistic fighting sport should base it's score on who ****s the other guy up more, not who wins more rounds.

First Round was close

2nd Round was Rampage's

3rd Round was clearly Machida and was the most dominant of any of the rounds.

i scored it for Machida 2-1, but I can't argue with anyone who gave Rampage the 1st.

if anything, a fight like that is almost impossible to score with the "10pt must" system

Edited by StillUnknown

I like putting Fitch in there with Penn.....if KOS wins the title and Bj can beat the blanket known as Fitch your setting BJ up for a title fight since fitch is with out a doubt the best 170lbs fighter besides GSP. Plus if Fitch loses Dana gets him out of the title picture which is what he wants.

The only problem with that is, if GSP wins and BJ wins, then no one wants to see BJ Penn fight GSP a third time, since he's already lost to him twice.

Realistically though, (and I'm one of the few people left that still likes Koscheck) I see GSP taking that fight and I don't see BJ beating Jon Fitch, so I think we'd (unfortunately) see rematch of Fitch/GSP.

So, who really won the Rampage/Machida fight (I didn't watch)? Seems to me that a sport that prides itself as the most realistic fighting sport should base it's score on who ****s the other guy up more, not who wins more rounds.

The first two rounds were close, Machida definitely took the third though. I had Rampage winning the first two 10-9, and losing the third 10-9.

A case could be made for a 10-8 round for Machida in the third which IMO, would've put the fight at a draw w/ Rampage taking the first two 10-9...Rampage looked shocked when they said he won...I'm sure there's probably a gif of his facial expression online somewhere lol.

I dont know.....I think alot of people would wanna see a motivated BJ fight GSP....But I agree I think you are going to see a Fitch/GSP rematch....Perhaps they could also set up a Penn/KOS fight (loser vs loser) I know people would pay to see that.

As for the Rampage fight I also had rounds 1 and 2 for Page and Machida winning round 3 10-9. The first round was very close but I thought page controlled the cage, and showed more aggression which is the scoring criteria especially when there is not much grappling or striking. Round 2 was all Rampage, he scored some decent punches, got a takedown, controlled the cage, was aggressive. Round 3 all Machida but not worthy fo 10-8 he really only landed 6 shots that hurt Page but did not knock him down, and Page even countered back....yea he did get him on the ground but he did NOTHING from the top except attempt an armbar that everyone saw coming and never came close to finishing it. So 10-9.

So thats how I saw it....

Dana White thought Rampage clearly won the fight, so much so that a rematch isn't even necessary. What now for Machida then?

Machida will probably get either Bader or Jones after there fight (maybe the winner maybe the loser I dont know) or Could get have to be forced to fight Lil Nog after he fights Tito

First Round was close

2nd Round was Rampage's

3rd Round was clearly Machida and was the most dominant of any of the rounds.

i scored it for Machida 2-1, but I can't argue with anyone who gave Rampage the 1st.

if anything, a fight like that is almost impossible to score with the "10pt must" system

Maybe I'm wrong, but can;t judges score it 10-10 if they want? I think they should score any round where nobody does damage or causes danger 10-10.

The only problem with that is, if GSP wins and BJ wins, then no one wants to see BJ Penn fight GSP a third time, since he's already lost to him twice.

Realistically though, (and I'm one of the few people left that still likes Koscheck) I see GSP taking that fight and I don't see BJ beating Jon Fitch, so I think we'd (unfortunately) see rematch of Fitch/GSP.

The first two rounds were close, Machida definitely took the third though. I had Rampage winning the first two 10-9, and losing the third 10-9.

A case could be made for a 10-8 round for Machida in the third which IMO, would've put the fight at a draw w/ Rampage taking the first two 10-9...Rampage looked shocked when they said he won...I'm sure there's probably a gif of his facial expression online somewhere lol.

I dont know.....I think alot of people would wanna see a motivated BJ fight GSP....But I agree I think you are going to see a Fitch/GSP rematch....Perhaps they could also set up a Penn/KOS fight (loser vs loser) I know people would pay to see that.

Somewhere Jake Shields is weeping........

Ok, we know where. 209!

I don;t think 170 is a good weight class for BJ. 155 is his if he wants it. Edgar is a bad style matchup, but not as bad as the 170 pure wrestlers. He should take the fight to Edgar, go for takedowns, press the action, not let him dance around and he can win that fight. Or just wait for Maynard to beat him, then beat Maynard.

Maybe I'm wrong, but can;t judges score it 10-10 if they want? I think they should score any round where nobody does damage or causes danger 10-10.

I scored it a draw. 10-10, 9-10, 10-9.

Rampage dashed after Machida a few times, but Machida's backpedaling looks like a freakin NFL cornerback's. It's unreal how he can angle away from the fence when he's backing up, too. Just when you think Rampage has him cornered, he just slips outside of any potential pocket like it's nothing. It's almost unnoticeable from how easy he makes it look. Rampage was also looking for the Hogan-slam every time they clinched up, but Machida had ahold of his wrist at all times.

Best moment of the night = Rampage coming out to the Pride Theme. Chills.

Poor Hughes (and his team) thought his striking was improved enough to trade with BJ. He was doomed from the get-go. His striking has looked good (against average opposition), but you have to have a very smart approach against BJ Penn. You don't go in there and throw crosses with bad intentions against the guy 21 seconds in to the fight. He loses when fighters fight smart and technical, chopping him down and gassing him out. Hughes should have known that from their second fight...I think that Almeida fight got to his head.

Below-average card last night...but that's still a good thing.

Dana White thought Rampage clearly won the fight, so much so that a rematch isn't even necessary. What now for Machida then?

I think Dana realizes that a rematch would go exactly as the first one did. Maybe a different decision but it doesn't matter. Jackson vs. Machida is an awkward fight to watch. Their styles don't make for good action.