Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

We pretty much witnessed the end of british MMA threats last night. Bisping will continue to hang around by getting decision victories over mediocre talent but he's not winning a championship. I'm shocked that Hardy got KOed like he did. He had a pretty good chin and I thought it would take more but Condit continues to impress. What a tough SOB.

Cain was born in California, he's an American. He's about as Mexican as Marcus Davis is Irish lol.

I'm not sure who to pick in that fight, but I think if Cain wins it will be via TKO.

Not sure I agree with that. He's 1st generation to a guy that was initially a migrant worker.

Overall the card wasnt that bad....the Condit KO was sick....say good bye to Sexyama cause his UFC days are done. Can not wait for next saturday!

Question about Sexyama... prior to every fight he talks about Judo and the proceeds to throw bombs and never use Judo at all. WTF is up with that?

Question about Sexyama... prior to every fight he talks about Judo and the proceeds to throw bombs and never use Judo at all. WTF is up with that?

Judo's a lot harder to execute w/out the gi than BJJ is. I'm guessing most of his opponents gameplan to avoid clinching with him and make him play their game.

Judo's a lot harder to execute w/out the gi than BJJ is. I'm guessing most of his opponents gameplan to avoid clinching with him and make him play their game.

Agreed.....I am FAR FAR FAR from an expert but I have trained in Guerilla Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, American Kickboxing, for about 2 years (also wrestled from age 5 until 18) currently taking a break because the kids are getting into athletics now. Judo is a hard discipline to adapt to MMA due to the lack of Gi. Greco Roman throws (mostly body lock tosses) are far easier to execute in the cage.

I know when we sparred MMA I found my Greco skills far easier to use than some fo the Judo I learned as a result of the Guerilla Jiu Jitsu.

For anyone that doesnt know Guerilla Jiu Jitsu was invented by Dave Camarillo and combined all that was good about Jiu Jitsu, and Judo with an aggressive style.

Bottom line Bisping was a bad match up for Akiyama. Bisping is fast, moves in and out and does not want to stay in the pocket and trade, Akiyama is slow, with no real take down ability, and only had a punchers chance.

For anyone that doesnt know Guerilla Jiu Jitsu was invented by Dave Camarillo and combined all that was good about Jiu Jitsu, and Judo with an aggressive style.

Bottom line Bisping was a bad match up for Akiyama. Bisping is fast, moves in and out and does not want to stay in the pocket and trade, Akiyama is slow, with no real take down ability, and only had a punchers chance.

I have Camarillo's "Position Impossible" instructional, dude is pretty sick with his moves

I think part of Akiyama's problem is that he's physically outmatched in the UFC's MW division. He could get away with it in Japan because most of the fighters overseas don't cut much weight. If I were the UFC, I would let Akiyama try his hand at 170 before I cut him.

I have Camarillo's "Position Impossible" instructional, dude is pretty sick with his moves

I think part of Akiyama's problem is that he's physically outmatched in the UFC's MW division. He could get away with it in Japan because most of the fighters overseas don't cut much weight. If I were the UFC, I would let Akiyama try his hand at 170 before I cut him.

Akiyama is undersized, you're absolutely right about that. Not sure why some fighters just won't cut some weight to alleviate the size advantage they face in their current weight class. That being said, I think his lack of skill would be his downfall in even the WW division. His future is not much longer in the UFC. He shouldn't have gotten the win against Belcher, and to lose to Leben if you consider yourself anything other than average is laughable.

"When I get done... whoopin your ass...I'm gonna go drink a corona and eat a burrito just for your hispanic heritage alright how bout that."

:ols:

As a Hispanic let me just say that's funny as hell. :ols::ols: Brock is a friggin warrior without any of the soft edges we've come to expect from pro athletes these days. I can't hate on that from a MMA fighter.

I want to see how many Mexicans show up for the fight. Mexico has a huge boxing audience and a Mexican contender in the heavyweight division might be the spark the UFC has needed to grow in a very profitable demographic. Not to mention the fighters they could have a generation from now if it catches on in Mexico, particularly in the lighter weight classes.

Plus the fight is in California.

I have a Playboy subscription and the new Arianny Celeste issue came in the mail yesterday. She gets naked this time. :cool:

:ols: @ Rogan's Mauro impression.

:ols:

Just finished watching the vid...that was an awesome impression. I like how Dana walks around and shakes all of the fighter's hands backstage. He seems a lot cooler behind the scenes.

Edited by #98QBKiller

If Carwin couldn't knock Brock out, I doubt anyone can. Dude's got a tree trunk for a neck and if you can't move the skull you can't concuss the brain. Having said that, I'm a hater so go Cain!!

But Velasquez won't gas out like Carwin did. If Carwin didn't gas, he probably would have won.

Also, Cain doesn't have to win by KO. He's also a better wrestler than Carwin.

But Velasquez won't gas out like Carwin did. If Carwin didn't gas, he probably would have won.

Also, Cain doesn't have to win by KO. He's also a better wrestler than Carwin.

Here's to you being right! I'd love to see someone knock the smirk off Lesnar's face.