Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

You aren't technically allowed to be "passive". I think that's the word in the rules. Something along those lines anyway. Suppose to always be working to improve.

Did this fight set a record for having the most "passive" separations ?

Edited by Mickalino

they should take damn near all footage from this night and just burn it

the fights prior to the PPV event were better. lol

the only good fight, Sherk getting beat up, was judged backwards. Luckily UFC 120 looks absolutely horrible (which means it will be good hahaha)

Edited by Destino

I was liking Rogan's comments during the main event.

"If I was sitting at home, i'd grab some potato chips"

"please, frank, pull guard, do something"

etc.

Just a horrible night of fights, overall. Dunham and the T-Rex was the only halfway-exciting fight on the main card.

etc.

Just a horrible night of fights, overall. Dunham and the T-Rex was the only halfway-exciting fight on the main card.

Don't forget "who is winning this fight?! Not that fans!" lol

If it weren't for being pinned against the cage so much, I think I'd have had Cro Cop slightly ahead when he got knocked out. I thought he landed more strikes and avoided takedowns well. Too bad he caugh a knee. Silly fight anyway.

Ryan Bader and Evan Dunham impressed me in a big way tonight.

I have never heard the expression "lulled to sleep" used more aptly in a fight sport. Frank Mir everyone.

Wait, are you talking about CroCop being lulled to sleep by Mir's lucky knee, or the fans being lulled to sleep by Mir's manner of fighting tonite ? :)

Edited by Mickalino

the fights prior to the PPV event were better. lol

the only good fight, Sherk getting beat up, was judged backwards. Luckily UFC 120 looks absolutely horrible (which means it will be good hahaha)

WEC 51 is thursday night, Jose Aldo will fulfill my need for coordinated violence :ols:

Dana didn't even give Mir the KO of the night Award despite being the only KO on the card :ols:

etc.

Lol that was hilarious. Especially the comment about the fans not winning. I went to a bar and watched the fights last night, I'm happy I didn't buy this PPV but I'm kind of bummed that I spend money on beers to go out and watch it.

WEC 51 is thursday night, Jose Aldo will fulfill my need for coordinated violence :ols:

Dana didn't even give Mir the KO of the night Award despite being the only KO on the card :ols:

I can't wait until Thursday. WEC 51 has the potential to be one of the best cards of the year. I expect a pretty quick TKO finish by Jose.

Weren't they only a matter of seconds from that happening to them, when the knee hit ?

True, but at least this way, there was one meaningful strike instead of zero meaningful strikes.

Dana wasn't happy at all at the post fight presser; gave two FotN bonuses and no KotN bonus to Mur.

Also, I take it back, Serra/Lytle was pretty darn exciting as well. Serra just needed to mix in some BJJ to win, but didn't and kept it standing.

I agree.....this card lacked some serious action....The free prelims on spike were great but the PPV was awful except for the Dunham vs Sherk fight.

Lytle vs Serra was ok but Serra looked like he was 10 seconsd behind the entire fight and looked uninspired, like he didnt want to be there.

Main event was HORRIBLE except for the knee. Mir needs to contact Randy Coture, Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Matt Linland, GSP, Koscheck or some other high level wrestler and do nothing but wrestle until his next fight. If he could wrestle and either defend the take down better, or get the fight to the ground he would be an even tougher fight for alot of guys, and would probably be able to beat Shane Carwin (cause he could get out of the first round and Shane would gas). Until he can wrestle and do some better clinch work he is always going to be 5th best (Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez, Dosantos, Mir)

The Bisping Akiyama fight should be ok, but I do not think the Machida Rampage fight is going to eb that good. I see Rampage chasing Machida for three rounds and Machida out pointing him. Still gonna watch cause I watch them all. Cant wait for the next WEC were aldo pounds Manvel the Anvil

If it weren't for being pinned against the cage so much, I think I'd have had Cro Cop slightly ahead when he got knocked out. I thought he landed more strikes and avoided takedowns well. Too bad he caugh a knee. Silly fight anyway.

The cage lends itself to the leaning and controlling style (advantage, wrestlers). That's one of the reasons I've always preferred a ring. Last night's "fight" would have been much different in a ring.

I saw nothing from Bader that suggests he'll be competitive with Bones Jones if they eventually fight

Dunham is a future champ imo. if Sean Sherk had a neck, he would've been choked out about 5 times last night

Edited by StillUnknown