Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

UFC 117: Anderson Silva vs. Irwin R. Schyster

Roy Nelson vs. Junior Dos Santos: I think Nelson can win this fight but Junior's striking is just too hot to pass up. Nelson is very tough to put away, so it should be a very good indication of where Junior is at with his striking when judging how fast he gets this done. On the ground Nelson is proven, It will be interesting to see how things transpire if it gets down there.

Dos Santos, Unanimous Decision.

Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida: Let's face it, while he may still be able to fight almost as good as he used to, Hughes' base of talent is getting surpassed by the crowd of pros these days. He's not declining physically as much as he just doesn't have the skillset to survive at the highest level anymore. Almeida has improved his striking and is obviously a son of a ***** on the ground.

Almeida, armbar, round 2

Clay Guida vs. Raphael Dos Anjos: Clay has that blanketing style so ingrained in to his repertoire that I doubt even the Jackson camp can change it even somewhat. Come to think of it, Jackson probably encourages it! To come out and try slapping on subs or throwing slick body kicks that land with a pop would be jaw-dropping. What this fight most likely comes down to is if Clay can stay out of submissions. Flip a coin.

Clay, Split Decision

Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves: Alves is probably running on empty. Fitch is such a grinder that he can probably gas Alves out quickly.

Unanimous Decision, Fitch

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen: There isn't much to say here. Almost any MMA fighter at this level has a punchers chance, but this is against the most precise striker ever. Chael should just try his best to get and stay on top. Try to pass guard and whatnot, but just don't get swept or stay up too long. If this ends with Chael winning, it will already be the most insane year in MMA history.

Silva, TKO, round 3

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I'm hoping it is Silva by Franklin-knee. I want to see Sonnen get clinched, lose some teeth, then break his nose on Anderson's knee. But....

Silva by sub. Hoping for RNC. Betting on the triangle.

I don't think Alves will be that affected by the lay off, or weight cut. He still won;t be able to stop Fitch from doing what GSP did to him.

Fitch by UD

Really want to pick Nelson. I think he can get Dos Santos down and keep him there for a while. Not sure if it wil be long enough to get the stoppage though. Dos Santos is a killer with his hands..... **** it.

Nelson by TKO due to crucifix.

Almieda by armbar sounds good to me. Hughes will have nothing for him. Really wishing I bet on this when the odds were better.

I am buying Guida's re-dedication talk. He takes this.

I have a 1U parlay on Silva, Davis, and Hendricks.

Also .5U on Guida