Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

any other fighter would've tapped about 5 times in that fight, i seriously do not know how he did not tap

There were 2 deep, deep guillotines, 1 or 2 nasty looking triangles, and 2 kimoras that looked like Henderson's arm would literally rip off at the shoulder. And all he did was sit there and give the ref thumbs up. So incredible.

Cerrone won that fight he was never in danger of being hurt or submitted and was constantly working.. I gave Henderson rounds 2 and 3 great fight..

Just rewatched round 1. Cerrone threw that guillotine immediately in the fight and held it for like the first 2 minutes before Henderson got out. Then he controlled Cerrone with his wrestling. Henderson was a fairly clear winner in round 1 in retrospect, imo.

Just rewatched round 1. Cerrone threw that guillotine immediately in the fight and held it for like the first 2 minutes before Henderson got out. Then he controlled Cerrone with his wrestling. Henderson was a fairly clear winner in round 1 in retrospect, imo.

thats how i saw it as well

its an incredibly difficult round to judge though. honestly upon a 2nd viewing, it almost seems like he perfect 10-10 round.

cerrone's sub attempts almost ended the fight that round, but Henderson dominated the 2nd half of that round with effective ground n pound. it wasn't like Henderson was lay n praying. he was working the ground pound, even switching levels going to the body & head

"The guillotine, I felt him gargling one time," Cerrone said. "But that son of a ***** just kept holding on.

Had to be frustrating for him. I've been in that situation, only the reason the other guy didn't tap was my submission wasn't as strong as I thought it was. In this case, Cerrone had those locked in tight.

"Then one time I felt like he was knocked out on top of me. I was looking at the ref like, 'What?' But [Henderson] just kept coming around."

And that explains what he was complaining about in the middle of the fight. Not sure why he thought that he knocked him out from his back though.

Heavyweights Junior Dos Santos and Gabriel Gonzaga are expected to meet at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas.

Multiple sources on Monday told MMAWeekly.com that the fight has been agreed to and contracts are expected to be signed shortly. Fiveknuckles.com was first to report the pairing on Sunday. The bout has yet to be officially announced by the UFC.

Sources tell MMAWeekly.com that the match-up is expected to groom the next contender for the heavyweight title.

Dos Santos (10-1) last month emerged from a star-making turn against Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic at UFC 103 in Dallas. The 25-year-old Brazilian battered Filipovic with a crisp striking attack that caused the former Pride champion to quit with three minutes left in the 15-minute bout. It was his second upset victory since taking to the Octagon at UFC 90, where he knocked out the highly touted Fabricio Werdum in the first round.

Gonzaga (15-4) is coming off a controversial victory over UFC newcomer Chris Tuchscherer at UFC 102. After an inadvertent low kick struck Tuchscherer in the groin, causing him to briefly lose consciousness, the bout’s continuance was placed in jeopardy. Tuchscherer was able to continue after the referee halted the bout, but was unable to stop Gonzaga’s relentless attack after the fight was restarted. He succumbed to punches midway through the first round.

The 30-year-old Gonzaga has oft stated a desire for a second shot at the heavyweight title after falling short to then-champion Randy Couture at UFC 74. His Octagon record stands at 7-3.

# For all the latest MMA news, go to MMAWeekly.com

King Mo Signs with Strikeforce

Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal has signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce and could make his promotional debut as early as December, according to a source with knowledge of the negotiations.

The deal allows the undefeated Lawal, a NCAA Div. 1 All-American wrestling champion for Oklahoma State in 2003 and decorated international competitor, to continue competing on the Japanese circuit. There, the 28-year-old heavyweight has made a name for himself with four straight victories in the Sengoku Raiden Championship (formerly Sengoku) over the last year. Three of those wins have come by stoppage from strikes, while Lawal’s only decision came after he tore his ACL in the first round of his match with Ryo Kawamura at Sengoku “Seventh Battle” last March.

Most recently, Lawal finished an expired Mark Kerr in only 25 seconds at M-1 “Breakthrough” on Aug. 28.

Known for his flamboyant fight entrances, King Mo earned his regal moniker by wearing a crown to the ring with a bevy of beauties in tow.

Lawal joins Brett Rogers, recently signed Antonio Silva, and the world’s division leader, Fedor Emelianenko, in Strikeforce’s heavyweight ranks.

seems to me he would be best at 205

either way, strikeforce is building their roster with some very talented fighters

seems to me he would be best at 205

either way, strikeforce is building their roster with some very talented fighters

Great signing by Strikeforce, but I agree, he is by far best suited for 205. I think they are just trying to bolster the HW division, and there is just not a lot out there. But I guess their LHW division does not have a lot of depth either after Mousasi and Babalu.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=mma

And suddenly, construction work begins to look a lot more appealing: Ben Henderson, a probable fight of the year finalist for his efforts in a win against Donald Cerrone at WEC 43 on Saturday, celebrated by collapsing in the locker room and being shuttled to three different emergency rooms. Originally believed to have suffered a detached retina, Henderson's condition was upgraded to simply and blissfully "messed up." His eye -- the recipient of a Cerrone kick -- still requires a diagnosis; he was put on IV fluids to replace the water lost during the five-round fight.

Most fighters probably would tell you they'd do the actual fighting for free; it's the consequences that require compensation.

Scoring calculator FightMetric, meanwhile, had the bout tallied as a draw using the sport's 10-point must system. I still maintain the decision comes down to whether Henderson's two minutes of control and striking trumps Cerrone's 90 seconds spent locking him up in submission attempts, all in the first round. It's an obvious rematch candidate -- and possibly one worthy of a pay-per-view campaign.

Ouch...

Interesting that FightMetric scored it a draw. I somewhat considered that when I was thinking of the scoring before the decision. I guess they gave Cerrone round 1 and Henderson a 10-8 round in round 2 or 3.

But this is ****ing sick. School won't be in session, but I'll definitely have to make the trip up for this, provided the tickets aren't too ridiculously expensive.

Tickets should not be bad at all. Of course they have to do this after I leave the area...but I might have to come back up for this. We'll see...