Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16252/dana-white-i-think-vitor-belfort-is-ready-to-fight-anderson-silva.mma

"The question that I had coming into this fight was, 'What Vitor are we going to see?'" White said. "The explosive Vitor that goes right after [his opponents], or the Vitor that lays back and couldn't pull the trigger? He pulled the trigger tonight, and as soon as he hurt [Franklin], he went right in for the kill."

While White has openly lobbied for a middleweight No. 1 contender contest between Dan Henderson and Nate Marquardt, the UFC exec appears willing to let Belfort skip to the front of the line.

"To be honest with you, the way the last two fights happened with Marquardt and Henderson against Anderson Silva, I think it would be better to see them fight each other, and the winner of that become the next contender," White said. "I think Vitor is ready to fight Anderson Silva (now)."

look like vitor may be skipping to the head of the line at 185

Todd "let me eat dana" Duffee vs. Paul Buentello at 107

Rampage out until at least March

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16258/strikeforce-signs-47-year-old-former-nfl-pro-bowler-herschel-walker.mma

Former NCAA and NFL great Herschel Walker has signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce.

The signing was first reported by AOL FanHouse, which confirmed the deal with Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz.

No debut date has been set for the 47-year-old former Heisman Trophy winner and two-time Pro Bowl running back, who's never competed professionally in mixed martial arts.

Herschel, a longtime martial artist and sixth-degree black belt in tae kwon do, has hinted at a possible move into MMA for the past few years. He's also been spotted at many MMA events and even was announced as part of an EliteXC/Mark Burnett reality show that never got off the ground.

Herschel wouldn't be the first NFL vet to compete in MMA, though the former Dallas Cowboy certainly would be one of the most known (and oldest). Four former NFL players were cast for the current 10th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," and others such as Michael Westbrook, Rex Richards and Herbert "Whisper" Goodman have competed in organizations across the country.

Walker's Strikeforce debut will likely come in 2010, according to the report.

first questionable move by strikeforce

Rampage retires:

The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

Then this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bull**** & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I'm not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I'm done fighting. I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I'm hanging it up. I'm gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they'll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don't like what I just said can come try to kick my ass!

I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn't respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!

Taken from his official website (account required)

http://www.rampage-jackson.com/profiles/blogs/im-done-fighting

:doh: Frankly unless he gets his head on straight he can stay retired for all I care.

That I completely agree with.

I really think he is talking out of his ass. He thinks this role will create a role for him in Hollywood. Ain't happening.

Rampage will fight again.

i find it hilarious that while listing all his grievances with the UFC & dana white, he manages to leave out the time Dana stood by his side when he took his monster truck for a joyride

It's quite simple. He thinks cuz he is getting this role that he doesn't need the UFC. He does. It'll take some time(months) for him to see this and he'll come back and Dana will use it to fool the MMA fans. Mark it down. Lame competition for Rampage starting in late 2010 or early 2011.

Called this crap. See you later Quinton.

How bad does this taint TUF? All that build up when we know there will be no pay off really spoils it. A-Team will suck. Quinton will be a terrible BA Baracus. He'll be lucky to get one more big role. I bet his next role is "Mummy 7 - Revenge of the Junkyard Dog" straight to TBS movie of the week.

No problem with him wanting to quit his job. He says it perfectly in the last sentence. Sucks to lose a legendary fighter in Rampage. The Liddell fights, the Wand fights. Every fight he had in Pride was must-see TV. You could start to see the wear and tear when he fought Griffin and Jardine. The Rampage that KOd Liddell was a different kind of monster. Against Jardine he looked slow and soft, but the man still won. Would be great for him to take his break and fight in the Spring. He even says that his body won't be able to hold up in to his 40s, so I just wish he'd try to regenerate and seize the opportunity while he's still pretty young. He should try to get the belt back for nobody but himself, don't be turned off by other people's opinions. You got what you needed to say off your back, it was enlightening and many fans see where you're coming from, now go in there and give it one last whirl. Screw everybody else.

i wonder what they do with Rashad now.

rashad turned down a fight with Randy at 105 because he thought Rampage would be ready early next year. i wonder if its too late to slide Vera out of the way and let rashad take that fight now that we know rampage isnt coming back, at least not for the foreseeable future.

the only other top name at 205 thats not really scheduled for a fight is Thiago Silva, which would be another good fight

then of course, there's always Anderson if they want him to fight at 205 again

Edited by StillUnknown

i wonder what they do with Rashad now.

rashad turned down a fight with Randy at 105 because he thought Rampage would be ready early next year. i wonder if its too late to slide Vera out of the way and let rashad take that fight now that we know rampage isnt coming back, at least not for the foreseeable future.

the only other top name at 205 thats not really scheduled for a fight is Thiago Silva, which would be another good fight

then of course, there's always Anderson if they want him to fight at 205 again

Henderson, loser of Shogun/Machida if he was already prepared to wait until the Spring. Matchups will open up if he's already comfortable waiting that long.

No problem with him wanting to quit his job. He says it perfectly in the last sentence. Sucks to lose a legendary fighter in Rampage. The Liddell fights, the Wand fights. Every fight he had in Pride was must-see TV. You could start to see the wear and tear when he fought Griffin and Jardine. The Rampage that KOd Liddell was a different kind of monster. Against Jardine he looked slow and soft, but the man still won. Would be great for him to take his break and fight in the Spring. He even says that his body won't be able to hold up in to his 40s, so I just wish he'd try to regenerate and seize the opportunity while he's still pretty young. He should try to get the belt back for nobody but himself, don't be turned off by other people's opinions. You got what you needed to say off your back, it was enlightening and many fans see where you're coming from, now go in there and give it one last whirl. Screw everybody else.

This is pretty much how I feel about it too man. I was more sad than anything when I read his post about retiring. Rampage has pretty much done it all, he's been a villain and a hero in this sport and if he decides to truly leave for good then at least he's going out on a solid winning streak. The same can't be said for some of the other great fighters of his generation like Chuck and Wandy. I'm sad to see 'Page go, and if everything he said is true then I have a different understanding about the Machida/Rashad situations. Obviously he and Dana know more about what's going on behind the scenes than we do as fans and I never really understood the argument that he was scared to fight Machida. He's fought some of the best ever in their primes and has never showed the slightest hint of fear, so I believe him.

And if this is what he wants to do then I respect it, of course I'd love to see him return and fight some more but the man hasn't had a legitimate loss since 2005 against Shogun in Pride and I'd rather him go out on a high note than come back and lose a step and go out on a devastating loss.