Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Questionable tactics by Carano.

As for the ending... there's no way you can't expect a controversy coming from it. Though I believe the ref made the call before the end of the round, you're going to have a lot of people who complain. That's just how it goes, expect it to happen.

The moment the ref decided to stop the fight in his head and began to move to separate the fighters is, in my opinion, the moment the fight ends. Cyborg wins by KO. But we'll see what the fallout looks like.

my picks for Strikeforce:

Werdum vs. Kyle: Werdum has to have learned something about underestimating opponents, he should make short work of Kyle

Werdum by Submission, round 1

Melendez vs. Ishida: Melendez worried me a bit because in a recent interview he complained a bit of having to switch preparation for a different type of fighter. he might be worrying too much, that being said, i think he'll be highly motivated to avenge one of his losses

Melendez by Unanimous Decision

Jay Hieron vs. Jesse Taylor: not really sure who to pick in this one, should be a good fight nonetheless. Taylor is on a roll right now, and momentum builds confidence but i'm picking Hieron with no real logical reason for doing so

Hieron by Unanimous Decision

Mousasi vs. Babalu: mousasi just has the look and vibe of a fighter that won't be losing anytime soon

Mousasi by TKO, Round 2

Carano vs. Cyborg: both are the others toughest competition to date. both have fairly equal skill sets, although i believe cyborg is the hungrier of the two fighters. me thinks she will take years of ugly out on Carano

Cyborg by TKO, Round 3

most pros picked Carano to win for what its worth, then again, they were split fairly evenly between Anderson & Forrest so take their opinion with a grain of salt

5 for 5, might be a sign of the apocalypse

Decent card tonight. I enjoyed it. I knew Cyborg was just too much for Gina. It was like the GSP/Penn fight...one fighter just way too big for the other. Totally a legit stoppage. I probably would have stopped it 2-3 seconds earlier.

Gina might have temporarily rung her bell around the 1:30 mark, but it's no comparison to the slaughter Cyborg conducted. Gina was all defense and her back was against the fence 20 seconds in to the fight. Totally agree with you about the stoppage.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I for one was impressed with the main event and think it did great things for the women in the sport. They went out there and banged and Gina showed huge heart. Cris is just too big and strong, no way she's natural and I don't see Gina ever doing roids to win. Sad really, Gina was a game fighter though. Good fight.

Ummm well since the Redskins don't look so hot just yet, I'm pretty excited. But here are my picks:

Carano vs. Cyborg:

This match is most definitely ending in some sort of (T)KO. I could see Gina standing into the pocket and hitting Cyborg with some good technique shots but I don't know if she can weather the initial storm of wild hooks.

Cyborg by TKO Round 1

Babalu vs. Mousasi :

Both of these guys are on pretty good tears right now. Mousasi hasn't lost since 2006 and Babalu since 2007. This match could steal the show and be the true main event, especially if Carano/Cyborg finishes early. Mousasi has a big advantage on the feet, bigger than Babalu's advantage on the ground. Mousasi is good enough on the ground to survive a round with Babalu if need be but Babalu's striking just isn't enough to not get KO'd.

Mousasi by KO Round 1

Gil Melendez vs. Ishida:

Ishida took their first bout be decision in 2007 and both have been up and down since. Both can wrestle and Ishida can really hold his own on the ground. This could grind out to another decision but I'm picking yet another KO, because Gil's got that one-punch KO power and he evens the series here.

Melendez TKO Round 2

Jay Hieron vs. Jesse Taylor:

I hate that Nick couldn't put the pipe down or get his Marijuana license thing settled in time to fight but it may be for the best. This way he can fight Riggs for the belt in the fall. This fight though, is a great replacement. Both Hieron and Taylor are on impressive streaks. This will be Taylor's seventh fight this year and he's finished all but one that he took by Unam decision. Hieron's last fight was a KO over Jason High in February. Both guys can wrestle and box so this is going to be yet another entertaining matchup. Dana White's already said that Taylor's got his life back together and he plans on bringing Taylor back. Jesse Taylor is motivated by that and wins this via RNC, his favorite submission.

Taylor RNC Round 2

Fabricio Werdum vs. Mike Kyle:

Werdum is the better figher IMO. Both guys have had ups and downs but Werdum got sloppy and embarrassed himself against Junior Dos Santos with that mouthpiece-flying KO. Werdum has good standup and has a lot of KO wins but his strength of course is his BJJ, he catches Kyle who is much weaker on the ground.

Werdum by Armbar Round 1.

Holy ****, this might be my closest prediction of a card yet. 4 for 5, and out of the four that I got, I predicted the round and the finish. The only thing that was off was the Melendez TKO was in round 3 instead of 2 and that Werdum finished by guillotine choke instead of armbar. The only one I missed totally was the Hieron/Taylor fight.

Overall that was a good ass card last night. Initially I thought that they should've let the round expire in the Carano fight but she looked out of it when the bell rang so I don't think it would've mattered, good stoppage IMO.

Mousasi looks to be the real deal. He now has wins over Babalu, Mark Hunt (Super Hulk Tourney), Jacare, Dennis Kang, Manhoef and he has Sokoudjou coming up in Dream. I'm liking this guy and I'm liking this co-promoting that the two organizations are doing.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15876/ufc-badass-and-hall-of-famer-chuck-liddell-to-go-dancing-with-the-stars-in-september.mma

We suppose, if nothing else, it'll bring some street cred to ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

UFC superstar and hall-of-famer Chuck Liddell will join 15 other celebrities on the upcoming ninth season of the reality-show competition, which pairs each celebrity up with a professional dancer.

Liddell, perhaps not surprisingly, is the first mixed-martial-arts fighter to appear on the highly rated dance program, which debuted in the U.S. in 2005.

"I want to win," the 39-year-old Liddell told UFC.com. "I don't like losing in anything, so I'll work as hard as they'll let me."

Three other athletes will join Liddell this season: former NFL player Michael Irvin, Olympic gold-medalist swimmer Natalie Coughlin and professional snowboarder Louie Vito. The rest of the cast includes singer Aaron Carter, "Iron Chef America" host Mark Dacascos, politician Tom DeLay, singer Macy Gray, actor Ashley Hamilton, actress Melissa Joan Hart, model Kathy Ireland, model Joanna Krupa, actress Debi Mazar, singer Mya, reality star Kelly Osbourne and entertainer Donny Osmond.

Liddell last fought in April, when he suffered a knockout loss to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 97 in Montreal. It was Liddell's fourth loss in five fights, and his third via knockout during that span.

After the fight, UFC president Dana White said the fighter would enter retirement. But Liddell and his trainer, John Hackleman, have repeatedly stated they haven't shut the door on the fighter's career, and earlier this month at UFC 101 Q&A session with fans, White said he didn't want Liddell fighting again but that he wouldn't stop him if he wants to make a return to the octagon.

Liddell, though, recently said he wouldn't return any sooner than next year, which opened the door for the "Dancing with the Stars" stint.

And before the harassment begins, keep in mind that many notable athletes have appeared on the show, including NFL legends Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice; NBA Hall of Famer Clyde Drexler; Olympians Apolo Anton Ohno, Shawn Johnson, and Maurice Greene; and former boxing champions Evander Holyfield and Laila Ali.

Liddell said the show producers had contacted him previously about appearing on the show.

"They asked a couple different times, but it would be too much time to take off from training for fights," Liddell stated. "Now I don’t have any fights coming up and I'm not training, so it's something to do."

Liddell also hopes to change the public perception of MMA fighters.

"I'm going to go out, be myself and show what kind of people we do have in this sport," he stated. "I'm sure the reaction will be mixed (among fight fans). My friends are going to be excited, and I'll never hear the end of it because they'll make fun of me, but it should be fun and I think everyone will like it."

The new season of "Dancing with the Stars" premieres Monday, Sept. 21 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Really shows you the mind set of a top MMA fighter though when he said he'll work as hard "as they'll let me". Can you imagine his partners thinking when after 5 hours of rehearsal Chuck announces that he's going to cool down with a 5 mile run and that he'll be back for the evening session in about 30 minutes.

haha :hysterical:

Really shows you the mind set of a top MMA fighter though when he said he'll work as hard "as they'll let me". Can you imagine his partners thinking when after 5 hours of rehearsal Chuck announces that he's going to cool down with a 5 mile run and that he'll be back for the evening session in about 30 minutes.

haha :hysterical:

And if nothing else maybe it will help his footwork and get him set to return if that's what he wants to do. It helped Jason Taylor lose some extra weight, maybe Chuck can drop that gut of his lol.