Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Was Fedor even hurt or was he playing possum to lure Andre in? That was a nasty knockout! I know Andre's chin isn't that great but damn!

From what I saw Andrei was winning the 1st round. Fedor was a bit perplexed by Andrei's striking and was off balance. Arlovski got ****y and pulled a dumb move. He left his feet against a fresh Fedor and got bombed.

From what I saw Andrei was winning the 1st round. Fedor was a bit perplexed by Andrei's striking and was off balance. Arlovski got ****y and pulled a dumb move. He left his feet against a fresh Fedor and got bombed.

Winning on points but I don't think he ever phased him. I still think he was playing possum waiting for AA to get ****y leaving an opening?

Could Mir or Lesnar beat this guy? We'll probably never know.

Winning on points but I don't think he ever phased him. I still think he was playing possum waiting for AA to get ****y leaving an opening?

Could Mir or Lesnar beat this guy? We'll probably never know.

Exactly. I know AA was "winning" the round will be played up huge, but I don't think it was very relevant. The round was just barely half over.

Mir, no way.

Brock...... no way to know for sure. His wrestling and size is such a difference maker. I'd pick Fedor, but could see Brock laying on him for a whole fight.

Edited by Sebowski

Mir would have less than a punchers chance again Fedor. i would pick fedor over lesnar but i would be less certain. i dont' really see lesnar getting armbarred, which is fedors specialty. then again, fedor is a sambo expert, and a big part of sambo is leglocks so he could catch lesnar similar to Mir did.

if a prime nog couldn't submit fedor when the majority of the fight was spent on the ground in nog's guard, i don't see mir subbing fedor. and standing, fedor would overwhelm mir with his quickness

Exactly. I know it AA "winning" the round will be played up huge, but I don't think it was very relevant. The round was just barely half over.

Mir, no way.

Brock...... no way to know for sure. His wrestling and size is such a difference maker. I'd pick Fedor, but could see Brock laying on him for a whole fight.

Fujita was winning againgst Fedor too and we all know how that turned out. Even if AA had won 4 rounds going into the 5th, I still wouldn't think he had the fight wrapped up. Fedor is just too dangerous.

Fujita was winning againgst Fedor too and we all know how that turned out. Even if AA had won 4 rounds going into the 5th, I still wouldn't think he had the fight wrapped up. Fedor is just too dangerous.

he has so many ways to end the fight its ridiculous. he's not the biggest HW, but he may have the hardest punch. almost all of his opponents have said after their fights that nobody hits as hard as fedor.

if you take him to the ground, your likely to lose your arm or get your face pounded into the mat

we've seen every other top fighter in the sport suffer upsets, but Fedor remains constant in a sport that is ridiculously hard to put together a sustained win streak.

he has so many ways to end the fight its ridiculous. he's not the biggest HW, but he may have the hardest punch. almost all of his opponents have said after their fights that nobody hits as hard as fedor.

if you take him to the ground, your likely to lose your arm or get your face pounded into the mat

we've seen every other top fighter in the sport suffer upsets, but Fedor remains constant in a sport that is ridiculously hard to put together a sustained win streak.

Rickson by armbar

Rickson%20Gracie.jpg

j/k

AA looks like he's dead in that shot on the ground, almost like he's waiting for a CSI to come and investigate

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

– Fedor Emelianenko $300,000 (no win bonus) def. Andre Arlovski $1,500,000 (win bonus would have been $250,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

– Josh Barnett $500,000 (no win bonus) def. Gilbert Yvel $30,000 (win bonus would have been $9,300)

– Vitor Belfort $200,000 (includes $80,000 win bonus) def. Matt Lindland $225,000 (win bonus would have been $75,000)

– Renato "Babalu" Sobral $90,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou $50,000 (win bonus would have been $50,000)

– Paul Buentello $90,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Kiril Sidelnikov $10,000 (win bonus would have been $25,000)

– Dan Lauzon $12,000 (no win bonus) def. Bobby Green $4,000 (win bonus would have been $4,000)

i wonder how much Fedor gets in promotion money from Affliction. i would imagine it would have to be substantial, given what they're paying other top fighters.

on another note, Affliction has to great ppv #'s or else they will not be able to keep up with that kind of pay scale.

Edited by StillUnknown

I thought Lindland was dead!!! Man he looked bad.

that was scary, his legs were twitching bad for a good little while.

Damn AA got paid 1.5 Mil? Cot damn. If I was a fighter I'd be trying to get with Affliction before they folded.

indeed, get the money while they can before they fold. remember even Tim Sylvia got close to 1mil for his fight against Fedor.

Edited by StillUnknown

if fedor doesn't land that punch, that knee would've landed flush and we may be talking about something completely different today. crazy how a split second can change so much like that

Reminds me of Chuck/Rashad. If Rashad didn't land that overhand right flush, he was probably going to get knocked out by Chuck's uppercut. It's funny too because Arlovski landed exactly like Chuck did when Rashad KOd him.

Reminds me of Chuck/Rashad. If Rashad didn't land that overhand right flush, he was probably going to get knocked out by Chuck's uppercut. It's funny too because Arlovski landed exactly like Chuck did when Rashad KOd him.

rashad's head never came down far enough for chuck's uppercut to land flush, if it did land it would've been a body shot.

AA did kinda fall similar to chuck though. i almost feel bad for AA, he looked like he wanted to shed a tear after he recovered

that was scary, his legs were twitching bad for a good little while.

indeed, get the money while they can before they fold. remember even Tim Sylvia got close to 1mil for his fight against Fedor.

That's how much they have to pay people just to get into the ring with him. :D