Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Who would Anderson fight at 205?

I'm thinking that at HW the winner of Randy/Brock fights the winner of Nog/Mir.

that HW match is guaranteed, Dana already said as much.

as far as Anderson's next opponent at 205, most of the 205 top guys are occupied:

Rampage vs Wandy

Machida vs Thiago Silva

Evans vs. Griffin

Shogun vs. Coleman

i can see maybe Jardine since he's coming off a win. a fight with Liddell would still get some big PPV buys. the dude who beat Sokoudjou would be good, although i'm not sure it would be a big enough name right now

I feel really bad for Patrick. That's got to be the worst feeling ever.

Now as for the fight, I can't really blame Cote for his game plan. He was a little cautious yes, but every time he tried to explode Silva would back up, and I don't understand either. Every time Silva wanted to exchange he got the better of it. To me, it just seems like he was messing around and acting like it was a big joke. Either way, I enjoyed the fight, and I give Cote respect for lasting until the third. While I am a big Cote fan, it was clear tho that the best he would end up with would be a unanimous loss. Oh well.

my friends boy shannon gugerty fought tonight and won..woop woop

koshchek showed mad heart and if he could train properly can beat thiago. but no excuses..thiago is a beast

cote cote cote...he did everything he could and was looking pretty good until..well we all know. anderson wasnt doing **** but counter punching and dancing like he was a showboater. i was not happy with how he was showing off and acting like he was so bad. looked like he was believing the hype. he could have beaten cote and very well may have if his knee didnt go but it wasnt impressive up until then.

sherk did NOT win in my opinion. the fight was awesome though..and even IF sherk did win he didnt win by unanimous decision.

gray maynard is a good wrestler but thats all i saw. it won him this fight but won win him many of them.........

my friends boy shannon gugerty fought tonight and won..woop woop

koshchek showed mad heart and if he could train properly can beat thiago. but no excuses..thiago is a beast

sherk did NOT win in my opinion. the fight was awesome though..and even IF sherk did win he didnt win by unanimous decision.

gray maynard is a good wrestler but thats all i saw. it won him this fight but won win him many of them.........

Shannon Gugerty lost...

I also think Kos showed great heart. He gets that from Fitch me thinks. But I don't think he can beat thiago.

As for sherk griffin, just because it's a UD does not mean it wasnt a close fight. Each round was razor thin, but I thought Sherk pulled it out, 29-28.

Dude I totally agree about maynard. All he did was take Clementi down then lay on him. It was text book lay n pray. I was VERY disappointed with him tonight.

cote cote cote...he did everything he could and was looking pretty good until..well we all know. anderson wasnt doing **** but counter punching and dancing like he was a showboater. i was not happy with how he was showing off and acting like he was so bad. looked like he was believing the hype. he could have beaten cote and very well may have if his knee didnt go but it wasnt impressive up until then.

Agree with you about Sherk, that was not a unanimous decision IMO, I was really surprised when they read the results. I think one of the judges gave a 30-27...which shocked me.

As far as Maynard, it might have been a boring fight to a lot of fans, but he took Clementi down in each round. That's what got him the scores. I knew it was going to go 30-27 across the board with that. I thought Clementi did a good job neutralizing Maynard's wrestling skills on the ground, I could see him working toward a lot of positions, but none worked really. I did disagree with the crowd booing them though. I understand stand-up fights are more entertaining, but watching the ground game is pretty interesting, kind of like a chess match with the moves and the counters. To me the ground game is just as entertaining...so I get annoyed with fans who boo just because guys are on the ground for a long time.

As far as Silva, whatever. I think the guy likes to play a lot of mind games with his opponents, although I have noticed it becomming more prominent with each fight. He's still not as bad as Rashad though IMO. I didn't really care either, it was kind of entertaining. He may play a lot of psych. games, but I think he is a very respectful fighter and I hold him in very high regard.

That being said, I didn't even think Cote would make it to round 3, so he impressed me. Sorry to see his knee injured like that, it's going to be a good year before he's back after that type of injury. Really too bad. Just a freak thing, like the Belfort Couture fight several years back...that sucked too. Anyway, I wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to another match up between these two.

Agree with you about Sherk, that was not a unanimous decision IMO, I was really surprised when they read the results. I think one of the judges gave a 30-27...which shocked me.

Again I don't understand what this belief is. Just because it's a close fight it needs to be a decision? Often times there are very close fights that are UD's. Was it clear Sherk won 2 rounds? yup. Whoever scored it a 30-27 is off their rocker I agree. It's not like the judges say to each other "Ok that was close. Were gonna score a win for sherk and you score a win for Griffin. "

Sorry if I'm coming off strong, im just fed up of this mentality that if it's a close fight, it should be a split. it's nonsense. All the judges can score a victory for the same person. doesnt mean it wasn't close.

Again I don't understand what this belief is. Just because it's a close fight it needs to be a decision? Often times there are very close fights that are UD's. Was it clear Sherk won 2 rounds? yup. Whoever scored it a 30-27 is off their rocker I agree. It's not like the judges say to each other "Ok that was close. Were gonna score a win for sherk and you score a win for Griffin. "

Sorry if I'm coming off strong, im just fed up of this mentality that if it's a close fight, it should be a split. it's nonsense. All the judges can score a victory for the same person. doesnt mean it wasn't close.

That's fine, you can have your belief, that's not a problem. I have been watching MMA for well over a decade however, I have watched through the changes in rules, blah, blah, blah and I kind of know these judges' criteria for grading these fights (not that you don't). And you are right that a close fight can be 30-27, of course. However, I do not believe the Sherk/Griffin fight was a unanimous ruling fight. And if it was a unanimous ruling fight, I certainly would not have expected one of the judges to hand out a 30-27. I was very surprised to see even one 30-27 come from the judges. I still would have given the fight to Sherk (and let me tell you, I was totally rooting for Ty), but I don't think it was a 30-27 fight at all. I was much more shocked at that score from one of the judges than anything else.

Anyway, I don't know where you are getting the "split nonsense" from, but I am just saying that I was surprised there was even a 30-27 ruling in there. And personally, I am surprised that it was not a split decision...but the 30-27 decsion had me scratching my head.

Edited by Special K

I thought he threw some nice body shots and hooks in the first round and I thought this was the best he's looked especially when he was up against a crafty survivor. I was ready to be disappointed in Gray and ended up being pleasantly surprised. Clementi's no slouch.

And you are right that a close fight can be 30-27, of course. However, I do not believe the Sherk/Griffin fight was a unanimous ruling fight. And if it was a unanimous ruling fight, I certainly would not have expected one of the judges to hand out a 30-27. I was very surprised to see even one 30-27 come from the judges. I still would have given the fight to Sherk (and let me tell you, I was totally rooting for Ty), but I don't think it was a 30-27 fight at all. I was much more shocked at that score from one of the judges than anything else.

Anyway, I don't know where you are getting the "split nonsense" from, but I am just saying that I was surprised there was even a 30-27 ruling in there. And personally, I am surprised that it was not a split decision...but the 30-27 decsion had me scratching my head.

Hey Keeast, I'm sorry but I don't understand why you think it was not a unanimous ruling fight? You feel it was close enough where at least one of the judges should have scored the fight for Tyson? I guess I also find it confusing because you yourself said that you gave the fight to Sherk. I do agree with you 100% tho, one judge scoring it 30-27? thats dumb. It was clearly 29-28.

Hey Keeast, I'm sorry but I don't understand why you think it was not a unanimous ruling fight? You feel it was close enough where at least one of the judges should have scored the fight for Tyson? I guess I also find it confusing because you yourself said that you gave the fight to Sherk. I do agree with you 100% tho, one judge scoring it 30-27? thats dumb. It was clearly 29-28.

First Round: I thought was a toss up and could very well gone for Griffin.

Second Round: I thought that could have gone either way.

Third Round: Sherk

The 30-27 was ridiculous. But with so much uncertainty, I thought at least one judge would have given it to Tyson especially since I've seen a few UFC fights over the years that were not as close a this one that ended in a split decision.

Kind of reminds me of the Couture/Belfort fight a few years back when after a long night of waiting Couture's eyelid was slashed by Belfort's glove in the first minute of the fight.

Sucky.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. For me it was "at least it lasted a lot longer than Coutre-Belfort" though. That fight ended like 5 seconds in. The worst part is that I had money on Coutre and lost.