Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I can't believe the guys betting againest BJ in this fight lol. He is fighting Joe i have'nt beaten anybody his last fight was his toughest oppenent. BJ is in a different class then Joe Daddy. I like Stevenson alot but he is a stepping stone to embarassing Sherk.

If anyone wants to lose alil money lmk paypal works great.. :cheers:

I have BJ and he has the other guy...What's his name again? Who has he beaten that anyone is even picking him?

Yall sound like there hasn't been an upset in the UFC or something. This sounds like stuff people were typing when Gabe fought Cro Cop and Jardine fought Chuck. And everyone was way more definitive about St. Pierre beating Serra; after which St. Pierre took a few haymakers to the melon.

Like I said before, BJ looked good against Pulver but Pulver had his mind in other places. He was dead-set on getting out of the UFC and going down in weight. There are still questions surrounding BJ, and this is the biggest fight of his career by far. 12-4 UFC Champ......or 11-5 contender. Sounds like another case of Vitor Belfort if he loses.

Aww man...yours is better than mine...but ok I accept since I know BJ will be victorious...How long are we keeping these up? A week?

Yep, a week sounds good to me. I don't know if I can handle a Dallas sig for longer than that. Despite what StillUnknown and those guys are doing...a month is crazy!

Yall sound like there hasn't been an upset in the UFC or something. This sounds like stuff people were typing when Gabe fought Cro Cop and Jardine fought Chuck. And everyone was way more definitive about St. Pierre beating Serra; after which St. Pierre took a few haymakers to the melon.

Like I said before, BJ looked good against Pulver but Pulver had his mind in other places. He was dead-set on getting out of the UFC and going down in weight. There are still questions surrounding BJ, and this is the biggest fight of his career by far. 12-4 UFC Champ......or 11-5 contender. Sounds like another case of Vitor Belfort if he loses.

Hey it is fighting anybody can lose no doubt just like any sport. But i would never bet anything hoping for a huge upset. Stevenson has to beat BJ on the ground and while he is strong and a great wrestler i don't see it.

I smell another bet. If BJ does win over Joe Daddy, I'll take another sig bet for Sean Sherk to beat him.

I don't bet sigs.

Sherk even on roids got murdered by Hughes and GSP. At 155lbs who has he beat really?

I love Florian to death 1 of my favorite fighters but he did'nt have the skillset mainly strenght to beat a roided out Sherk same with Hermes. BJ is a completely different animal if he wants to stay at 155lbs he will own that division if he is in shape. I'd assume after beating Sherk he will wanna go back to 170lbs and rematch GSP which will be a great fight.

I don't bet sigs.

Sherk even on roids got murdered by Hughes and GSP. At 155lbs who has he beat really?

I love Florian to death 1 of my favorite fighters but he did'nt have the skillset mainly strenght to beat a roided out Sherk same with Hermes. BJ is a completely different animal if he wants to stay at 155lbs he will own that division if he is in shape. I'd assume after beating Sherk he will wanna go back to 170lbs and rematch GSP which will be a great fight.

Well I'm not betting dollars over the internet unless this is an online Poker tournament.

Sherk lost those fights at 170lbs, a weight that he has to move up to and that GSP and Hughes have to cut down to. He's a much better fighter at 155lbs.

Not to mention Hughes and GSP are two of the most dominant welterweight fighters in the history of MMA, I wouldn't give very many people the benefit of the doubt against them at 170lbs.

I'm not really buying Sherk's argument that he wasn't using steroids intentionally, but he's sticking to his story and a lab test showed steroids were present in the Xyience supplements Sherk was taking:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=9774

Seven tests totaling $3,000 were conducted on supplements Sherk took before his bout against Hermes Franca (Pictures). One such product was the Xyience-branded "Xyience Xtreme Joint Formula." Five capsules were analyzed according to a report supplied by Don H. Catlin, M.D., president and CEO of Anti-Doping Research, Inc.

"No anabolic steroids were detected in four of the capsules," Catlin wrote. "In one capsule 1-androstendione was identified."

As for the one capsule of "Xyience Xtreme Joint Formula" in which 1-androstendione was identified, the company said it has halted all shipments of the product until it can conduct independent testing by a certified lab.

"While we are confident that Xyience products do not contain anabolic agents or any illegal substances," said Susan Wierzbicki, Director of Quality Assurance, Xyience, "we are taking this report very seriously."

Asked if he intended to blame Sherk's positive steroid test on the Xyience product, Jacobs answered, "Not specifically, no."

Jacobs explained that it was only his intention to show over-the-counter supplements can be contaminated.

In this case, the supplement company is a major advertiser for Ultimate Fighting Championship events and just announced a three-year extension with the MMA promoter on Oct. 13; it also sponsored Sherk before the two parted ways over money issues.

In addition to the alleged testing irregularities and potential supplement contamination, Sherk also submitted himself to a polygraph test.

"It's not the central part of the case, but I think it's important given that it's not, in my view, a strict liability standard," Jacobs said. "You have to weigh the evidence. You have one test that's their urine test and you have a polygraph on the other side. If they have to prove he used a drug or administered a drug, the fact that he was found to be truthful when he said he didn't use it should be relevant."

The commission is slated to rule on the admissibility of a polygraph examination within a week.

Having just completed his process with the commission, Baroni said he will watch closely as Sherk's drama plays out.

"I would like to see him get vindicated," Baroni said of the lightweight. "That would almost be like me winning. I know I didn't do it and I believe he didn't do it."

He also took a polygraph test and passed it:

http://www.mmafightline.com/news/2007/109/ufc_304850.shtml

Sean Sherk has apparently taken and passed a lie detector test to help corroberate his version of why he tested positive for steroids. Sherk and his lawyers have submitted that Sherk ingested the steroids unknowingly in one of the many supplements he takes. These supplements are currently being tested for the presence of steriods as part of Sherks defense.

Sherk was originally fined $2,500 and suspended for one year by the California State Athletic Commission after he tested positive for Nandrolone Metabolite, an anobolic steroid. He is attempting to appeal the fine and suspension with a hearing set for Wednesday, October 31.

Again, I'm still not convinced he wasn't using the juice, but no matter what his training has been well documented and you have to respect how hard the man trains.

At 155, I take Sherk over Penn or Stevenson.

Predictions for UFC 80:

Kendall Grove vs. Jorge Rivera: I tend to like Kendall, but he gives up a lot of speed and agility in his stand up for being a monsterous middleweight. Rivera has gotten better with his ground game but Grove is very lenky on the ground with good subs - a dangerous combination. He should get it down to the ground. Grove by sub round 2.

Wilson Gouveia vs. Jason Lambert: This could be a very exciting fight. Both guys like to bang, both are intense on the ground. If it goes to the ground, Gouveia will try a lot of subs. I think after a few attempts he'll snag one. Gouveia by sub round 2.

Jess Liaudin vs. Marcus Davis: Jess likes to expose guys that are good in one fascet of the game. Well, here's your former boxer in Marcus Davis, boxing fans. But don't be fooled, Marcus is good with submissions, also. I don't think Jess will be able to handle the natural speed of Marcus. I'm feeling a knock out with this one. Marcus KO round 1.

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabricio Werdum: Werdum was hyped coming in to the UFC, but he and Arlovski put on a pitty-pat show. I don't think Werdum likes fighting big bombers. In the back of his mind, he probably hated signing for this fight. But Gabe may not be able to handle the ground game. Gabe likes to dive in to strike, and Werdum will have to shoot for the takedown. After which he should stall on the ground while scoring points. Werdum by split decision.

BJ Penn vs. Joe Stevenson: While we have the bet going around the thread for this fight, I'd like to take a minute to laugh at StillUnknown :laugh:. Enjoy your signature. In reality though, Stevenson will be hard pressed to beat a focused BJ. We all know that look BJ Penn has that would make a heavyweight have a second thought. BJ looks in fantastic shape, but so did "The Phenom" when he had his downfall. "The Prodigy" doesn't want the same fate to happen to him, so he will be looking to put Joe Daddy away quickly. If Joe can counter BJ and NOT be slammed down to the canvas, he will be in good shape. We all know BJ is one of the most flexible fighters out there, and his stand up is great. Joe has to drag the fight out and be focused on countering BJ. On the ground, he has to fight hard for position and not get stuck on the bottom. Unanimous decision, Stevenson.

Sig Bets

herrmag vs. PB (1 week)

mvisit vs. QBKiller (no amount of time yet)

d0ubler vs. SU (1 month [for him])

(Unofficial) Dance04 vs. SkinsOrlando

SkinsOrlando challenged me. How did it end up being he and Dance? That's fine. I don't feel like dealing with the sig crap afterwards anyway. Keep it how you have it. I'm out.

Just one more day I can't wait! BJ is my MMA idol. Not only is he an awesome athlete, he's from Hawaii like me! My gf thinks he's cute but that's only because we look alike...Well I look more like the young BJ, not the older bald one with ogre ears.

Just one more day I can't wait! BJ is my MMA idol. Not only is he an awesome athlete, he's from Hawaii like me! My gf thinks he's cute but that's only because we look alike...Well I look more like the young BJ, not the older bald one with ogre ears.

Dude, did you already lose the bet? That's a lot of Romo in your sig. ;)