Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Amen, I'm looking forward to GSP's title shot at Hughes (that's right) more than I am the Serra/Hughes fight, which I do think will be exciting, I'm just a big fan of GSP. I will note that I'm not completely counting Serra out though, I just don't see him out-fighting Hughes in any faction of the sport.

I have a feeling that UFC 79 is going to make up for this ****ty PPV

i wouldn't be surprised at all if Serra wins that fight. Hughes has pretty horrible striking for such a high calibre fighter. Obviously he'll try (and most likely succeed) in taking Serra down, but serra has some world class bjj and it could give Hughes trouble. i think that fight is alot closer than people believe at the moment.

i wouldn't be surprised at all if Serra wins that fight. Hughes has pretty horrible striking for such a high calibre fighter. Obviously he'll try (and most likely succeed) in taking Serra down, but serra has some world class bjj and it could give Hughes trouble. i think that fight is alot closer than people believe at the moment.

People are saying that but I'm still not buying it, I'm not counting Serra out necessarily but I'm picking Hughes to win for sure.

Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson was announced for UFC 82 unofficially.

Talk around this thread was that Dan was stern about staying in LHW. I heard whispers about the same thing around the net and such, but figured he'd take a free shot at the middleweight title right away instead of climbing his way through LHW. That should be a hell of a fight! :applause:

Talk around this thread was that Dan was stern about staying in LHW. I heard whispers about the same thing around the net and such, but figured he'd take a free shot at the middleweight title right away instead of climbing his way through LHW. That should be a hell of a fight! :applause:

this is the matchup i most want to see in MMA right now.

i'm pickin Silva in that fight.

this is the matchup i most want to see in MMA right now.

i'm pickin Silva in that fight.

Haha, man, Hendo with those bombs can really cause damage. His chin is Jay-Leno'ish, too. I'm really gonna have to sit on this one and review some tape on Dan. It's hard to tell who has the advantage on the ground, and standing up it's snapping accuracy vs. brute malice.

It doesn't matter. He is an ox. He needs to obviously work the obvious hole in his game but he brings an intensity and strength to MMA that we haven't seen in awhile. Look at the buzz he got after only 2 wins.

Not everyone is going to be an undefeated champion. He will learn from his loss and be a force in the future.

It doesn't matter. He is an ox. He needs to obviously work the obvious hole in his game but he brings an intensity and strength to MMA that we haven't seen in awhile. Look at the buzz he got after only 2 wins.

Not everyone is going to be an undefeated champion. He will learn from his loss and be a force in the future.

That's why I said "too bad." I like Houston Alexander.

I chose at the last moment not to order this PPV event. My cousin was IMing me the results and it sounded like a forgettable night overall. The upcoming TUF finale is free on Spike and I'll be psyched to order UFC 79: Nemesis right before the holiday.

Predictions on the TUF Finale?

I chose at the last moment not to order this PPV event. My cousin was IMing me the results and it sounded like a forgettable night overall. The upcoming TUF finale is free on Spike and I'll be psyched to order UFC 79: Nemesis right before the holiday.

Predictions on the TUF Finale?

Isn't that 3 weeks away? We are yet to know who fights that night besides Heurta and Guida. I like my boy Guida but Heurta is a very good fighter. Heurta will win UD or a late TKO, haven't really thought about it yet.

future for Alexander is limited, he's like 35 or 36, not sure if its possible for him to learn what he needs to learn on the ground for him to become a serious contender

Fedor to fight on New Years Eve

Fedor is fighting a 1-0, 7'2" 350 pounder on New Years Eve. Great to see Fedor's vacation extended another 4 months. This is basically a freak show that will count on Fedor's record. Silly, and starting to piss me off. This is the same BS as his fight with Zulu.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=10047

Fedor Emelianenko will fight Hong Man Choi on New Year's Eve in Japan, a source close to the negotiations told Sherdog.com.

Emelianenko (26-1-0), whose most recent bout was a win over Matt Lindland in April, will be fighting for the first time since inking a non-exclusive promotional deal with M-1 Global.

The fight marks Choi's return to MMA for the first time since defeating Bobby Ologun in just 16 seconds at K-1 Dynamite 2006. The 27-year-old Korean, 1-0-0, was denied a license to fight in California in June due to irregularities in his pre-fight medical tests.

At 7-foot-2-inches tall and more than 350 pounds, Choi will have substantial height and weight advantages over the Russian.

Emelianenko, 31, stands 6-foot and weighs in around 230 pounds.

The promoter of the Emelianenko-Choi fight has not been confirmed.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=20693

Name Hong Man Choi

Nick Name Techno Goliath

Record 1 - 0 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)

Wins 1 (T)KOs (100.00%)

Height 7'2 (218cm)

Weight 352lbs (160kg)

Birth Date 10/30/1980

Country South Korea

Serra Injured, out of UFC 79

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8808

UFC President Dana White announced Thursday that Matt Serra will have to withdraw from the UFC 79 card on December 29th due to an injury he suffered after a training session earlier this week.

The current UFC welterweight champion, who was scheduled to fight Matt Hughes on the year-end card, suffered a herniated disc in his lower back on Monday following a routine training session in his Long Island gym.

“This is devastating news because they were so looking forward to fighting each other," said White.

“Unfortunately injuries happen and I look forward to Serra recovering quickly, and to getting him back into the Octagon.”

Serra had just finished a Jiu-Jitsu and wrestling training session and was demonstrating a move when he fell to the floor in excruciating pain. Serra went to the hospital and underwent an MRI, which revealed the herniated disc in his lower back.

welterweight division continues to be held hostage:doh:

That sucks! I was looking forward to Serra catching a beating.

I'm with you Destino. Alot of people don't like Hughes but Serra's incesant name calling and mockery of him warrants a no holds barred ass whooping. I hope when him and Hughes finally meet Hughes beats the crap out of him. Hughes hasn't once called Serra names or mocked him, meat head maybe but at least he's "professional".

As far as Hughes not shaking Hightowers hand on TUF, why? Why should he give that punk the time of day. He goes into the room and pretty much questions Hughes' professionalism after already acting like he was too good to be cornered by Hughes. Then he refuses to train with arguably the best welterweight ever. I'm glad he got his ass beat. I'd like to see Mac and Tommy in the final, eat that Serra!

Serra Injured, out of UFC 79

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8808

welterweight division continues to be held hostage:doh:

Depending on the length of time off, I hope Hughes fights nobody. If it's going to be a short stint, don't risk Hughes fighting some chump, getting a fluke injury, and having to sit out for 6 months. Anyone have any clue how long it takes to recover from an injury like this?

I actually like Serra's disdain for Matt Hughes and Hughes said he didn't rank Serra in the top 10 in the division so I think Serra's got a right to be pissed off. Too bad this fights not gonna happen for awhile, I think it'll be a slugfest for a few minutes.

Down playing another fighters skill is one thing, being a classless jerk in another. I think Hughes acted like an ass the last time he was on TUF with GSP. Not this time around. Maybe seeing himself on TV he saw just how much of an ass he was being and decided to not be that guy on this show. Serra on the other hand is relentless in the name calling and mockery and frankly it's making him look like a whiney little biatch.