Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Rich Franklin defeats Okamy 29-28 on all three cards

Okami didn't do **** for the first 2 rounds and almost tapped Franklin in the 3rd. this fight was not good until the 3rd round.

Okami was more impressive in the 3rd than Rich was in the 1st & 2nd combined.

Franklin wins, but not that impressed

on a sidenote, if the rematch with Silva happens and Franklin fights like he did today, he will be demolished again.:2cents:

Thanks for the updates man, I've been having trouble with sopcast...crappy card for sure.

the griffin/guida fight saved this card from being a complete waste, but it definitely wasn't worth the $40 they charged (luckily i watched for free:applause: )

Tuesday's Ultimate Fight Night was a better event:2cents:

the same source who announced Zuffa would buy Pride (three months before it actually happened) says that Chuck will fight Wandy Silva on Sept.22. only a rumor so take for what its worth, but it comes from a credible source (not my source lol)

I hope this is true..man I really want to see that fight. I like Chuck a lot but he will need to train his ass off to fight Wanderlei and win.

I hope this is true..man I really want to see that fight. I like Chuck a lot but he will need to train his ass off to fight Wanderlei and win.

i'm leanin more towards chuck in this fight. i'm a huge Silva fan, but chuck is good enough to counter his wild style of punches. Silva would be much better suited at trying to get in close enough to clinch and deliver some muay thai knees.

i'm leanin more towards chuck in this fight. i'm a huge Silva fan, but chuck is good enough to counter his wild style of punches. Silva would be much better suited at trying to get in close enough to clinch and deliver some muay thai knees.

His knees are what worries me. That's what he dominated Quinton Jackson with, I know Chuck's not really a clinch fighter, he'll wait patiently for Silva to swing and try to knock him out with counters, but I see Silva trying to wrap him up in a clinch and knee him to a pulp like he did to Jackson both times.

Then again, Silva has been knocked out in two straight fights, once against Cro-Cop (who's one of the best in the business if you ask me) and once against Dan Henderson who I think is an excellent fighter but we'll see for sure what he can do against Rampage...another fight that I'm excited to see.

Anyone getting the Phil Baroni vs. Frank Shamrock PPV Friday? I read today that both Baroni and "Ninja" Rua were cleared to fight (Rua had originally been removed from the card).

I might watch that on a stream. Shamrock (Frank) seems timeless. If he wins this he's right there with Bas Rutten and Randy Couture as longevity kings.

'Ninja' did have a split decision with Rampage, he's a good submission fighter. I'll be looking at his fight, too.

I might watch that on a stream. Shamrock (Frank) seems timeless. If he wins this he's right there with Bas Rutten and Randy Couture as longevity kings.

I keep wanting to hate Frank for his personality/ego but the man keeps winning. Got to give him his due respect if he beats Phil.

'Ninja' did have a split decision with Rampage, he's a good submission fighter. I'll be looking at his fight, too.

Ummm, care to PM me the details of where you can stream it from? :)

I keep wanting to hate Frank for his personality/ego but the man keeps winning. Got to give him his due respect if he beats Phil.

Why? Baroni was nothing special in the UFC. He would gas like crazy. Who has he beat that's even worth anything? The only reason anyone thinks highly of him is because of his mouth. He's a moron, and I'm so sick of hearing how he thinks he's the greatest fighter in the world. This is the same guy who lost to Pete "Drago" Sell, and Drago took the fight on short notice.

Why? Baroni was nothing special in the UFC. He would gas like crazy. Who has he beat that's even worth anything? The only reason anyone thinks highly of him is because of his mouth. He's a moron, and I'm so sick of hearing how he thinks he's the greatest fighter in the world. This is the same guy who lost to Pete "Drago" Sell, and Drago took the fight on short notice.

No I totally agree about Baroni. I just mean that Frank is getting way up there in MMA years. For him to win yet another fight will still be a great achievement- even if it's against a punk like Baroni who at least has hands of stone.

I'm picking:

Baroni by TKO. His boxing is too good for Frank.

Buentello by KO. I always bet on Buentello. One of the most underrated fighters out there.

Villasenor by KO. I'm not a big Ninja fan. I like Villasenor a lot.

The whole card looks very good. I'll be working during the fights, but will be sure to download later. Wish I could watch it live.

download a program called Sopcast, i'll let you know what channel tomorrow when i find out.

No I totally agree about Baroni. I just mean that Frank is getting way up there in MMA years. For him to win yet another fight will still be a great achievement- even if it's against a punk like Baroni who at least has hands of stone.

Okay, totally agree. I'm not saying Frank will win, but I could see Baroni doing something stupid and getting sub'd.

I'm picking:

Baroni by TKO. His boxing is too good for Frank.

Buentello by KO. I always bet on Buentello. One of the most underrated fighters out there.

Villasenor by KO. I'm not a big Ninja fan. I like Villasenor a lot.

The whole card looks very good. I'll be working during the fights, but will be sure to download later. Wish I could watch it live.

Buentello's fights are almost always exciting. I never understood why he got the boot from UFC. The only loss I can remember was the flash KO by Arlovski. If that's the case, I guess we can expect Werdum to get the boot too, right? I'll never understand Dana.....

download a program called Sopcast, i'll let you know what channel tomorrow when i find out.

Sweet! Thanks dude.

Frank will totally own Phil B.

I would take Frank over Chuck.

And Silva is going to own Chuck!

Woah! Let's not forget, Renzo was owning Frank before the illegal elbows to the back of the head. He repeatedly took Shamrock down at will. That being said, The NY Dumbass is no Gracie, so you COULD be right, but I wouldn't necessarily put my money on it. I think this fight is a coin flip. If Baroni catches Frank, it's good night. If Frank can hang in there until Baroni gasses, then he's got a good shot.

Just a reminder in the middle of the Baroni/Shamrock discussion:

TUF 5 Finale' is on Saturday night at 9 on Spike TV. Should be a great night of fights. The two undercard fights I'll definitley be watching are Roger Huerta vs. Doug Evans & Floyd Sword vs. Thales Leites. Those 4 guys have some sweet records they're walking in with.

Of course, the Pulver/Penn rematch is going to be off the hook. Those two guys are all-out warriors. I think I'm gonna take Pulver, although they match up very well with each other. If B.J. gets him down again, I think Pulver is is trouble. No bell saving this time. But I believe Jens will nail him with some of those straight lefts and ring his bell before that happens. Should be very entertaining.

Woah! Let's not forget, Renzo was owning Frank before the illegal elbows to the back of the head. He repeatedly took Shamrock down at will. That being said, The NY Dumbass is no Gracie, so you COULD be right, but I wouldn't necessarily put my money on it. I think this fight is a coin flip. If Baroni catches Frank, it's good night. If Frank can hang in there until Baroni gasses, then he's got a good shot.

It wasn't an elbow, it was knees, and renzo faked the head injury to get a cheap win.

http://www.mmanews.com/page.php?page=frankshamrock1

Renzo did have several take downs, but he never did anything with his position.

Frank was far more active, even on the ground. He definitly had the stand up game.