Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Everyone is getting KOed in tonight.

Anthony Johnson will have a mean reach advantage over most any welterweight. He hit that guy with one left that made the guy fall asleep for a second, dude woke up while he was still standing up. Then another left made him go byebye. Gosh, the commercials are lasting 4x more than the fights.

They could introduce Fedor... :fingersx:

They have a way of introducing fighters at events, albeit larger events. Nog and Henderson recently. Silva, Shogun, Fedor, I'd be excited if any top-tier fighter came to the UFC. They especially need to recruit some of the talent from Japan in to the LW division. I think Gomi would walk all over the LW division. Sherk is being tested soon but if he wins that handely then who else is there?

Shogun has already said he is going to fight in the UFC. In fact, he said he wants to still try and fight on the UFC 72 card. Obviously that is pretty much an impossibility, but they'll probably be adding him to the lineup soon enough. Dana also stated that Chuck is very interested in fighting Wandy, so that fight may be happening soon as well.

As for who Sherk should fight next assuming he beats Hermes...How about the winner of BJ/Jens? I think Gomi is going to get exposed once he comes to the UFC. Fighters like Sherk and BJ will take him to the mat and gas him. Hands of stone are fine and good, but he suffers from the the Phil Baroni syndrome; Good striker with zero gas.

Shogun has already said he is going to fight in the UFC. In fact, he said he wants to still try and fight on the UFC 72 card. Obviously that is pretty much an impossibility, but they'll probably be adding him to the lineup soon enough. Dana also stated that Chuck is very interested in fighting Wandy, so that fight may be happening soon as well.

As for who Sherk should fight next assuming he beats Hermes...How about the winner of BJ/Jens? I think Gomi is going to get exposed once he comes to the UFC. Fighters like Sherk and BJ will take him to the mat and gas him. Hands of stone are fine and good, but he suffers from the the Phil Baroni syndrome; Good striker with zero gas.

Wow, in a recent video Shogun said he was training fairly lightly, but did comment a lot on the UFC and expressed that he wants to fight there. But not so soon! Otherwise, Dana White keeps talking about a matchup between Chuck and Wand, but you know how those guys are about each other. I also forgot BJ dropped to 155 to fight Jens, that's a decent threat...but more than half the great lightweights in the world are fighting in Japan. Gomi is a knockout artist, kindof like Tyson and Rampage. You make them gas, they usually lose...but he's still a freak of nature.

This is a real good fight between Spencer Fisher and Sam Stout. Fisher is taking it to him! But Stout has a real nice jaw.

I was watching that too. Fisher beat his ass but either he has no power or Stout has a titanium jaw. Who was that brazilian dude that just beat the living crap out of the guy Joe described as "Abe Lincoln with rabies"? That guy looks like he could make some noise.

I was watching that too. Fisher beat his ass but either he has no power or Stout has a titanium jaw. Who was that brazilian dude that just beat the living crap out of the guy Joe described as "Abe Lincoln with rabies"? That guy looks like he could make some noise.

Thiago Tavares

he's only 22! he's goin to be a contender @ 155 for a long time to come. what impressed me the most was when his opponent applied the kimora, Tavares stayed perfectly calm and worked himself to a better position. he has a great overall game and will give anyone @ 155 problems.

- ROYCE GRACIE TESTS POSITIVE FOR STEROIDS (UPDATED)

Thursday, June 14, 2007 - by MMAWeekly.com

4141-headline.jpg

The California State Athletic Commission yesterday released information verifying that former NFL star Johnnie Morton's pre-fight drug test had come back positive for elevated levels of testosterone.

Today, the CSAC released further test results revealing that Royce Gracie has tested positive for the anabolic steroid Nandrolone Metabolite. Gracie defeated Kazushi Sakuraba by unanimous decision at the K-1 Dynamite show on June 2nd.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4141&zoneid=13

Whatever roids Royce was on must be the worst ever. Wasn't this fight about bringing honor to the Gracie family? :doh: