Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which two players on the Giants offense do you feel are the most difficult to defend?

flexxskins

Tikki Barber is the heart and soul of that offense - they go as far as his legs carry them. Shockey and Burress are dangerous if they turn up with their heads tuned in on the right frequnecy and while the jury is still out on Manning he has shown he has the potential to be a franchise QB. Still is all begins and ends with Barber for me.

Tiki Barber and Tiki Barber. The Giants are stacked with big weapons on offense and I respect them all but to win a tough game, you have to stop the run so if I had to key on one player, I'd start with Tiki. He's awesome.

I suppose I should add that to curb the performance of any of the mentioned pass-catching threats, you go to Eli. Shut him down and the rest are a moot point. So Tiki and then Eli.

Tiki who???? It's a new year. Tiki's run is done

yea i also think last year will be his best year i think his skills will start declinig this year and just keep going down. when the skins play the giants its easily Arrington.

yea he might like 60 tackles 3 sack's during the year but 20 tackles and 2 sacks will be agianst the skins.

Offense: Barber and Shockey (Both have had big games against us in the past)

Defense: Arrington (motivation plus it appears that he is healthy) and Osi

Jansen has pretty much contained Strahan in their head-to-head matchups, otherwise he would've been a pick over Osi

Would you rate Amani Toomer ahead of Burress?
In two words, hell no.

Toomer is 6'3 208lbs, Burress is 6'5 232lbs and IMHO is more athletic than Toomer.

Tiki who???? It's a new year. Tiki's run is done :)
What evidence has T.Barber shown you that would give you any indication that "his run is done?"

In fact, how do you know that it hasn't just begun?

yea i also think last year will be his best year i think his skills will start declinig this year and just keep going down.
Why are you guys saying that you think that Tikis' "skills will start declining?" Did you see something that I missed? All I saw was him tearing the league up last year and showing the world how much he has improved. You can't really even claim that the man had the benefit of a fantastic offensive line.

I just don't understand where you could possibly get the idea that he is on the decline. Unless of course, it is just wishful thinking. :)

On the flip side, which two players on their defense do you feel poses the greatest threat to our offense?

While we were discussing the up coming season, my wife asked me a very good question the other day in "what exactly makes the Giants so good in your opinion?" (We had both agreed that the Giants are our stiffest competition this season.) Well, the only thing that I could come up with, is that they are very well coached and that they do have alot of individual talent on that team.

Thats when I started wondering about which two players on both sides of the ball are the most menacing to our team. What do you think?

Which 2 players from the giants ummm ill take plax cause of the height,and shockey just cause he streches the offense so much. And on the giants D ill take lavar, and sam madison. .

Guys, one thing about Plax...

If it's the playoffs or if he doesn't get the ball early, you don't even need to cover him. He'll just sit around and pout.

I've heard that about him, but his 05 numbers are just damn scarey, especially with having such a young QB in Manning.

The only player on the Giants who has shown he can't be intimidated is Tiki. Everyone else can be physically dominated.

On defense, Wilson, the safety is a very good young player and Usi Umenyori has elevated his game. No one really scares me though. Even if LaVar returns to his old form he never was LT.

Tiki, obviously is our biggest concern from a defensive standpoint. I don't think Eli can get the job done, and that in turn will include Shockey and Burress, if Tiki isn't able to get his. It's all about stopping Tiki, who I believe is one of the best RBs in the game and needs to get his due at this point. I mean, I'm sure all of you Skins fans out there would be quick to say our O-line is better than the G-mens (and I'd agree) which makes Tiki's accomplishments all the greater.

On O, those DEs are scary. Both of them, pick your poison. Antonio Pierce is a huge factor, especially in the run game but, and I REALLY, REALLY HATE to say this but I'm quite concerned about Lavar. I don't want to turn this into an LA debate, I just get this funny feeling that he's going to seriously tear some **** up next season and not just against us. He looks leaner, stronger and hungrier right now than he has in a good 3-4 years.

Archived