Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which two players on the Giants offense do you feel are the most difficult to defend?

flexxskins

the thing about the giants is that they have to come out on fire this year or coughlin is toast

Says who? Look at the roster when Fassel left and look at it now...much, much, much better talent and better depth.

The Giants will have to go 2-14 next year to put TC's head on the chopping block.

just get a sense that the players don't revere him as much as other head coaches with similar records, and if manning doesn't develop, he might be an easy target, esp with the perception left from last year that he was outcoached in the playoff loss

there is no question that coughlin looks like vince L compared to fassel, and the roster is much, much improved - his success will be tied to his getting manning ramped up to become a pro bowler - think he wants manning to be 'the man' this year as his brother did around the same time

Sleep on Will Demps, he is a scrub. Trust me. Be more worried about the other saftey.... damn I always forget his name, the 3rd round pick, the young guy.

Oh well, Will Demps is not good. He was the Ryan Clark of the Raven's defense but not as good as Ryan, he was a stop gap on a defense filled with probowlers and Hall of Famers in Baltimore, now everyone will see he is not the kind of guy who is a difference maker on defense.

People talk about Archuleta's cover problems, just watch Demps.

I have to disagree with you. Demps may not be an all world player but he can get the job done. People were saying last year that Santana Moss was not that good and he ended up in second for reception yards.

offense: tiki

defense: their d-line/Strahan

I think most people will say tiki because he destroyed us this year. I was so pissed watching that 35-0 loss... It wouldn't have happened if we could have tackled Tiki.

I only picked their D-line because as long as our O-Line can give Brunell enough time in the pocket, I'm not worried... so its up to how good of a game their d-line is having. Sure, blitz's may contribute, but I don't recall the Giants D being one to blitz like we do (bad memory?).

for the record, I'm really not too worried about their receiving corps...although Shockey is a very physical and talented TE, I think we can get the pressure on Eli.

I think that it is kind of funny how maybe two people from here might have mentioned any players from the Giants secondary.

I also think that Giants fans might be worried that thirty one other teams fans and coaches share the same lack of respect and they are now bracing themselves for when those guys eventually start getting torched back there..

I don't see how this concerns the Redskins...anyways...[/Quote]

Really?

As far as Will Demps goes, there have been a number of "experts" who have said that he played second fiddle to Reed in Baltimore but is a fine talent. Demps and Wilson are going to make a great tandem at safety for the Giants. You don't have to fear or respect him. Just don't be surprised.

On the flip side, which two players on their defense do you feel poses the greatest threat to our offense?

While we were discussing the up coming season, my wife asked me a very good question the other day in "what exactly makes the Giants so good in your opinion?" (We had both agreed that the Giants are our stiffest competition this season.) Well, the only thing that I could come up with, is that they are very well coached and that they do have alot of individual talent on that team.

Thats when I started wondering about which two players on both sides of the ball are the most menacing to our team. What do you think?

Offensively, Tiki Barber and Plaxico Burress., Defensively, Antonio Pierce and Osi Umenyiora. If Eli Manning has a "break out" season they are going to be very tough to beat, they are very talented and they also have a very deep roster. :(

Tiki Barber has become one of the better backs in the league, and is probably the single biggest threat they have. Jeremy Shockey has had some big games against us in the past, so I also worry about him. Eli Manning has not been that great, but you still gotta worry that he may mature into a player like Peyton. Also, we mustn't forget their superb defensive ends. I think the Giants will slip this year, but do not sell them short, they are a talented bunch.
This was a very cohesive reply, it was one of the better ones i've read, "THANKS !!! :)

I'd go with this I guess. Tiki really is the only scary threat- everyone else is more than containable for the most part with a combination of good coverage and their own inconsistency (namely Plaxico/Eli).

Defense: Arrington? Please. More like Osi and Pierce. Arrington might make a few tackles, maybe a sack, but Pierce will be more consistent and more of a headache for both the running and passing game. :2cents:

Good observation Sparticus87

I agree. Tiki is an all around threat. Plus, he doesn't have his fumbling problem anymore.

"Plex-i-glass" would be a major threat, but he can be taken out of his game. If he isn't getting the ball, he pouts and his effort isn't always there.

Would you rate Amani Toomer ahead of Burress?

I don't see how this concerns the Redskins...anyways...

Offense:

#1 Tiki

#2 Eli (IF we give him time to throw in the pocket)

Defense:

#1 Strahan

#2 Umenyiora (sp?)

:2cents:

I think you give far too much credit to Manning and Strahan. Michael has lost a step or two and Eli is still trying to establish himself and find a comfortable "playing level"

Shockey normally, he dominates the NFL every other game, but Sean Taylor and Lemar Marshall seem to have his number.

Other than that, I'd say Tiki, but he has to slow down at some time right? Who woulda though Marshall Faulk would be slowing down before Tiki?

:gaintsuck

Tiki and his twin brother Rondi have always taken care of their bodies and conditioning They have been "terrific ambasadors" for the NFL and for the youth of the nation. However, "nature will eventually take it course". If Tiki begins to struggle, who will take his place in the Giants" backfield?

Archived