Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which two players on the Giants offense do you feel are the most difficult to defend?

flexxskins

On the flip side, which two players on their defense do you feel poses the greatest threat to our offense?

While we were discussing the up coming season, my wife asked me a very good question the other day in "what exactly makes the Giants so good in your opinion?" (We had both agreed that the Giants are our stiffest competition this season.) Well, the only thing that I could come up with, is that they are very well coached and that they do have alot of individual talent on that team.

Thats when I started wondering about which two players on both sides of the ball are the most menacing to our team. What do you think?

Tiki Barber has become one of the better backs in the league, and is probably the single biggest threat they have. Jeremy Shockey has had some big games against us in the past, so I also worry about him. Eli Manning has not been that great, but you still gotta worry that he may mature into a player like Peyton. Also, we mustn't forget their superb defensive ends. I think the Giants will slip this year, but do not sell them short, they are a talented bunch.

Easy...Jeremey Shockey and Tiki Barber.
I'd go with this I guess. Tiki really is the only scary threat- everyone else is more than containable for the most part with a combination of good coverage and their own inconsistency (namely Plaxico/Eli).

Defense: Arrington? Please. More like Osi and Pierce. Arrington might make a few tackles, maybe a sack, but Pierce will be more consistent and more of a headache for both the running and passing game. :2cents:

Tiki is hands down #1

Burress might be #2

I agree. Tiki is an all around threat. Plus, he doesn't have his fumbling problem anymore.

"Plex-i-glass" would be a major threat, but he can be taken out of his game. If he isn't getting the ball, he pouts and his effort isn't always there.

Shockey normally, he dominates the NFL every other game, but Sean Taylor and Lemar Marshall seem to have his number.

Other than that, I'd say Tiki, but he has to slow down at some time right? Who woulda though Marshall Faulk would be slowing down before Tiki?

:gaintsuck

strahan and arrington. not worried about their offense
I'd have to go with those two on defense also. The last time that I saw Arrington on the NFL Network, he looked like a specimen. He was absolutely chisled. Shockey was on NFL Total Access yesterday (he is retarded or something) and the host asked him who was having the best camp and was impressing him the most. Shockey said Arrington and someone else that I'm blanking on. He said that Arrington is trim and showing his athletesism of old.

On offense I would have to go with Burress and Barber.

I have to agree with the majority on here. On offense it's Tiki & Shockey. For the defense it's Strahan & Osi (I won't even try to spell his last name). However I won't sleep on Sam Madison or Will Demps.

Sleep on Will Demps, he is a scrub. Trust me. Be more worried about the other saftey.... damn I always forget his name, the 3rd round pick, the young guy.

Oh well, Will Demps is not good. He was the Ryan Clark of the Raven's defense but not as good as Ryan, he was a stop gap on a defense filled with probowlers and Hall of Famers in Baltimore, now everyone will see he is not the kind of guy who is a difference maker on defense.

People talk about Archuleta's cover problems, just watch Demps.

Sleep on Will Demps, he is a scrub. Trust me. Be more worried about the other saftey.... damn I always forget his name, the 3rd round pick, the young guy.

Oh well, Will Demps is not good. He was the Ryan Clark of the Raven's defense but not as good as Ryan, he was a stop gap on a defense filled with probowlers and Hall of Famers in Baltimore, now everyone will see he is not the kind of guy who is a difference maker on defense.

People talk about Archuleta's cover problems, just watch Demps.

Gibril Wilson if who you're forgetting. I agree that he's a concern, particularly in stuffing the run, but personally I don't see him as a threat. Out of their secondary I'd be more worried about Sam Madison- he may be getting older and losing a step or two, but he'll be MUCH more reliable than Will Allen. Scariest thing about the Giants to me is their DE's and Pierce, everything else seems pretty average. And like others said already on offense, pretty much take Tiki out of the game and force Eli to try to win it, and you'll probably be able to shut them down. God I can't wait to see them this year.

I am actually worried about Tiki Barber when we play the Giants. He can take games over, and has on multiple occasions (IE the blanking we suffered last year). I don't really hold my breath when the ball is in the general area of anyone else, but Amani Toomer is crafty, and had more success against us than any of their other weapons (hauling in 128 and a TD total).

On defense, a change of scenery and some motivation for LaVar could cause us problems. He's going to be pumped and is definitely holding a grudge against our staff and front office. Aside from that, Gibril Wilson is the kind of guy that can make key stops and cause important turnovers (2 FF, 2 INT, 3 sacks, 2 Pass Def). He's a pretty good DB, and that's where it really counts on that defense.

the thing about the giants is that they have to come out on fire this year or coughlin is toast

that means manning has to become the weapon, and they have to stop running tiki (who was brilliant last year) into the ground - way too many touches for tiki and i doubt they can get that production again out of tiki, who is not getting younger

thus, i say manning will be the main guy who merits concern

moss and burris tied to two imo

Archived