Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas, NY, or Philly.

DTN Redskin

No BS. Who do you fear the most for our quest for the division? This division is going to be an absolute war. I gotta still go with the Giants followed very closely by the girls who are followed very closely by the Iggles. 2006 is going to be an incredible year.

I'll go with the Giants. IMO theyre the only team in the division that actually prepared for our offense by changing their secondary for our receiver core and their new LB core and not to mentioned their D-Lineman. All that said and done we will still come on top due to better coaching staff.

Damn, maybe it's the buzz after a few cold ones: but I gotta go with Dallas. The division is tight. Dallas always gives us fits. It's a good chance, in the NFC East, whoever post the best record in the division, wins the division. Unlike last year, where we were 5-1, but didn't win the division. This year will be different. Most people would probably just pick the Gints out of the pure hatred for the Girls, and that's cool too.

Noone...honestly. I can't see it guys. I'm as modest as the next guy and don't like to put my head on the chopping block only to see it roll down the proverbial steps. But, I think we take the division, hands down. I don't see anyone stopping us if we're healthy. Sure, we may split the division games w/ the Giants or Cowboys, but I don't see us losing the division. The team is ripe bros' and ho's :( and I'm feeling good about our chances.

HTTR!

Here is my order of feared division opponents:

1) Eagles

A healthy D McNabb always gives us fits.

In 2006, the Eagles sweep us.

2) Giants

I'm still mystified by the 36-0 loss from last year; seems like they matchup well against us. But the Giants are inconsistent at times.

In 2006, we split the series with the Giants.

3) Cowboys

We're in their heads now, and there's nothing they can do about it.

In 2006, we sweep the Cowboys again.

According to that logic, we go 3-3 in the division. I'm expecting it to be a football war like no other.

All of them. Period.

A division rival is a division rival. You never know who will win with these games.

After 2005, they ALL want to kick our upstart little asses. They all have a pre-2005 mindset. They all want to prove that 2005 was just a fluke.

With a divisional rival with something to prove, I am always fearful.

That said, the team I fear the most is the Giants. For what it is worth, the Giants are the only other team with class in this hot-headed, hard hitting division. I don't like them, but I'll give them the nod for a hard fight. I can't say that about the Eagles. The other team is not worth my spit.

Giants, if Coughlin puts the offense on Tiki's shoulders and stops throwing the ball 40 times per game. They saw some weaknesses in their secondary and made some pickups in Madison, RW and Demps. They also snagged Lavar and had a decent draft.

Whole division is gonna be tough though. Damn this season is gonna be awesome!

All of them. Period.

A division rival is a division rival. You never know who will win with these games.

After 2005, they ALL want to kick our upstart little asses. They all have a pre-2005 mindset. They all want to prove that 2005 was just a fluke.

With a divisional rival with something to prove, I am always fearful.

I agree and I will add that it also depends on when we play them. I am really worried about Dallas away early in the season. We crushed Dallas at home late last year and would have done the same in pukeland. The Giants were also better the first time we played them. Each game will be a dogfight, but I feel better this year than I did last year.

As a Dallas fan.... I'd have to say the team I'm most worried about the Cowboys beating is the Redskins.

You should know from past experience, the Skins dont want to throw at Newman. Anthony Henry is a very good CB...... He'll shutdown physical recievers........ but he has trouble with smaller quicker recievers, like Moss, Lloyd, and ARE. This wouldn't be so bad if we had an adequate FS, but Keith Davis blows his coverage assignment half the time. Pat Watkins maybe the answer in 2007, but I doubt he's ready for the NFL right now. Marcus Coleman???????

The Dallas defense is very good overall........ remember, the Cows would've finished with a higher ranked defense, if not for that thrashing in DC last December.

Gibbs and Co., have this spotted the flaw in the Cowboys defense.... That worries me. The only way for Dallas to stop the Skins offense, will be to put constant pressure on Brunell.

However, I honestly dont see the Skins sweeping Dallas again.

I also dont think Washington will make the playoffs,

but I'm not convinced Dallas will be there either.

If the question is, what team am I most worried about taking the division............. that would be the Giants.

14205114462.jpg

I see the Cowboys as our biggest threat but not for the division. For some reason I feel the last game of the season against the Giants will be for the division.

I hope we sweep the Cowboys but in week two but its not likely we'll win. Primetime game, TO will be all over the place and the chances of our offense being 100% together are slim. I know we shouldn't overlook any team but the week three matchup with the Texans should complete the offenses in game compatibility and make the rest of the season smooth sailing.

Don't expect Tiki to run all over the place like last year. Eli will progress into a better QB making them a threat in the divsion.

On paper the Eagles are a weak team, but weren't they considered weak (not counting the one TO year) when they beat the crap out of the NFC East for multiple seasons? I will always look for McNabb to make some big plays...but not when it counts...we'll beat them solid once and fight it out for the sweep the second game.

As it stands right now, all of the teams are competitive, though Eli's inconsistent play makes the Giants suspect. Their offense hasn't changed and that's bad for them.

As for the pukes, their offense is a question mark. TO is what everyone talks about, but if you double him and have a decent pass rush, the pukes are toast.

Philly is a real question mark. McNabb can carry the team by himself if given enough chances. They've improved on defense. But without a bruising back who can pick up three in a cloud of dust, they'll lose some close games.

:2cents:

I think everyone is sleeping on Philly a lot more than they should. This is a team that is just two years removed from the Superbowl. Granted, they don't have TO anymore, but they gave us fits without him. McNabb has always been someone who scared the hell out of me whenever he was on the field against us. They can have a very dominant defense when healthy and playing with passion.

IMO they seem to be in the same situation as we were in last year. They don't have anywhere close to the RB that we do in CP, but a healthy McNabb can compensate for that. Everyone thinks the game has passed them by, but watch they will be right in the center of the mix this year.

Can't sleep on the Eagles either but the two big questions with the Eagles. Can McNabb come all the way back healthy and can they get some type of running game . That throwing on every down is not going to get it you need balance in this league.

Archived