Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does it mean when a girl says this to a guy ?

Mickalino

In the span of one week I've had 2 different girls tell me almost the exact same thing. One says. "You're a great guy. A real catch. I think you have a lot of great things going for you." The 2nd girl says "You're a great catch to some lucky girl "

But the thing is, both of these girls are single. So the question is, if I'm such a wonderful guy, then why don't they ask me out ?

Are those statements actually underhanded insults, or underhanded compliments, or is it a subtle way of saying that they're interested, but too shy to ask me out ?

That's a nice way of saying .......... :loser:

In the span of one week I've had 2 different girls tell me almost the exact same thing. One says. "You're a great guy. A real catch. I think you have a lot of great things going for you." The 2nd girl says "You're a great catch to some lucky girl "

But the thing is, both of these girls are single. So the question is, if I'm such a wonderful guy, then why don't they ask me out ?

Are those statements actually underhanded insults, or underhanded compliments, or is it a subtle way of saying that they're interested, but too shy to ask me out ?

My:2cents: as shy womanl who has said this before.

It could be that they are interested, BUT too shy to ask you out or they could only be interested in you as a friend.

Good luck!

My:2cents: as shy womanl who has said this before.

It could be that they are interested' date=' BUT too shy to ask you out or they could only be interested in you as a friend.

Good luck![/quote']

Thank you for that glimmer of hope :)

Wow....in CAPS even.....The CAPS make it sound like a "life sentence" -

"FRIENDS ONLY......for life"

Told ya so. Women who are in a relationship with you are difficult to figure out, but as far as her letting you know she likes you . . . clear as day.

Invite one of them out for happy hour... just the two of you. Don't act like you are interested but constantly invite her out to social situations for just the two of you. Maybe even to dinner, but when you ask make it sound like no big deal. "Hey I'm bored want to grab some food?" The mixed signals are likely to make her head explode if she's interested. If she's not she'll be thrilled and talk to you about other men.

Either way the question is answered.

Invite one of them out for happy hour... just the two of you. Don't act like you are interested but constantly invite her out to social situations for just the two of you. Maybe even to dinner, but when you ask make it sound like no big deal. "Hey I'm bored want to grab some food?" The mixed signals are likely to make her head explode if she's interested. If she's not she'll be thrilled and talk to you about other men.

The question is answered. Neither of them want to be in a relationship with him.

I would take that as meaning, that they only want to be your friend...if anything at all.

BUT...What you do with women like that, is that you take them up on their offer, and GO OUT with her and her group of friends (hopefully lots more women, and you stack the odds in your favor) KNOWING it's just as friends, and then there is no pressure.

One of three things will happen. 1. You meet nobody. 2. You meet somebody and hit it off. 3. You meet somebody and hit if off... AND the girl who just wanted to be your friend (until the hot blonde picked up on you ;) ) NOW get's jealous, sees what she has been missing and wants to be MORE than friends.

:D

You took too long... you may have had a chance in the beginning but you ACTED like a friend, thus sealing your own fate...

Ding, ding, ding! I agree with this one. Your actions betray your intentions...

Friend zone it is! Not that there's anything wrong with that...

cjcdaman, I've never seen you so happy, as you seem to euphorically relish in my bungling

No Mick, the previous poster made a Seinfeld comment, "Not there's anything wrong with that." I was simply saying, and not directed toward you, that by not making a move there is something wrong with that. By my opinion, I don't think that is the mistake you made. I simply think that these women, in their own way, have let you know that they are not interested in a relationship with you.

No Mick, the previous poster made a Seinfeld comment, "Not there's anything wrong with that." I was simply saying, and not directed toward you that by not making a move there is something wrong with that. By my opinion, I don't think that is the mistake you made. I simply think that these women, in their own way, have let you know that they are not interested in a relationship with you.

I wasn't talking about that comment in particular.

I was talking about your overall general mood in this whole thread, which seemed to become suspiciously jovial, at the news of my demise :)

And the way you were BENT on intrepreting it in such a way like in this response -

The question is answered. Neither of them want to be in a relationship with him.

Archived