Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does it mean when a girl says this to a guy ?

Mickalino

In the span of one week I've had 2 different girls tell me almost the exact same thing. One says. "You're a great guy. A real catch. I think you have a lot of great things going for you." The 2nd girl says "You're a great catch to some lucky girl "

But the thing is, both of these girls are single. So the question is, if I'm such a wonderful guy, then why don't they ask me out ?

Are those statements actually underhanded insults, or underhanded compliments, or is it a subtle way of saying that they're interested, but too shy to ask me out ?

EDIT : One of them said this after she found out what a great cook I was.

The other one said it after she found out about my multi-talents.

So, does this mean that they're only interested in a bum ?

It's kinda like asking someone how they're doing. You don't REALLY want to know. You're asking to be nice. But inside, you hope they give you nothing more than a simple, "OK."

These girls probably think you're a good guy. But they're not romantically interested. :2cents:

Dude, I'll give you the answer. They don't want to be in a relationship with you. I'll give you a Seinfeld quote. "It's just something nice you say to people."

EDIT: or maybe they just think your really gay. :laugh:

Why would they think I'm gay, if I'm not from Wilmington, NC ?

Well one of them is several years older than I am.

Maybe she thinks I'm too young for her

Wrong answer. They would throw out hints like,"Maybe we should get together or go out some time." Believe me, chicks go for what they want. They let you know when they like you. Not straight out, but they are easy to figure out when it comes to throwing vibes. These girls don't want anything romantic with you.

Wrong answer. They would throw out hints like,"Maybe we should get together or go out some time." Believe me, chicks go for what they want. They let you know when they like you. Not straight out, but they are easy to figure out when it comes to throwing vibes. These girls don't want anything romantic with you.

One of them invited me out for drinks with her friends once.

I guess they were just "friendly drinks"

In the span of one week I've had 2 different girls tell me almost the exact same thing. One says. "You're a great guy. A real catch. I think you have a lot of great things going for you." The 2nd girl says "You're a great catch to some lucky girl "

But the thing is, both of these girls are single. So the question is, if I'm such a wonderful guy, then why don't they ask me out ?

Are those statements actually underhanded insults, or underhanded compliments, or is it a subtle way of saying that they're interested, but too shy to ask me out ?

Actually Mick, this is good. SHF is right, you have found yourself in "the friend zone." Most guys would be upset, BUT this is actually good. You arent going to be able to hook up with either of these 2 gals. Thats the bad news. The GOOD news is that you are one degree of seperation from ALL of their friends.

So....to summarize. You have 2 girls that think you are a great guy. They have friends looking for great guys. Find out about these girls. Slowly work your way through the pack.

So what you all are tellin me is I dont have a shot with either one of them.

Maybe I"ll become gay like cjcdaman :)

Yeah apparently "You're a great guy. A real catch." and "You're a great catch to some lucky girl "

doesn't mean that they want to have lots and lots of sex with you...go figure... :(

lol.

Yeah apparently "You're a great guy. A real catch." and "You're a great catch to some lucky girl "

doesn't mean that they want to have lots and lots of sex with you...go figure... :(

lol.

Rub it in....stretch. ;)

Anybody else think that Air Force Cane and Mick should move in together? :doh: :D

There is nothing wrong with having close friends of the opposite sex Mick. If nothing else, there will be a lot of flirting which is always fun and if you're really lucky, they'll be friends with benefits. :D

Archived