Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's the #1 hardest hitting METAL band ever/most intense crowd

Bonef1de

:applause: Well said. I don't consider KISS or AC/DC metal either. They are both just hard rock bands to me. Maybe they could've been considered metal in the 70s, but even then Black Sabbath was out and definitely played more of a dark and heavy brand of music.

Well guys before bands like Metallica and Slayer and before Pantera decided it would be the cool thing to do to play harder and faster, there was a term called metal associated to bands like ACDC and Kiss. It was later that bands like Slayer took on the label of Death (or Speed) Metal.. The lines have been blurred over the years and now a lot of people just refer to harder bands as metal and the bands the term was created for as simply hard rock. Which I agree with for the most part.. My skin crawls whenever some ******* refers to Poison as metal.

I'm down! :)

Anthrax, Megadeath, Metallica are more my speed. I did see a metal band on FUSE who's lead singer was a blond chick who sounded like a demon/guy...I cant remember the name though, but they sounded pretty good!

:logo:

you prolly saw Arch Enemy, they have a blond singer who helped revive their careers back around 99/2000. They aren't bad, but if you wanan get into the Swedish Death scene, I'd recommend In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Meshuggah (already mentioned), Soilwork, and Nightrage (At the Gates reformed).

I heard Trivium, they sound pretty good. Anyone else check out Nile? Also, Nightwish and Blind Guardian for power metal, as well as Rhapsody. Of course there is Hammerfall as well.

Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Thyrfing, Moonsorrow, Ensiferum, and many others for the Viking/Norse folk influenced metal (usually called Black Metal as well). Cruachan for Celtic folk influenced metal is there also.

I love Iron Maiden, Slayer, Testament, Death, Sabbath, old Metallica, and others, but IMO, the European scene has more going for it now than ever, and they did introduce Sabbath, Zeppelin, and Maiden back in the day as well.

.. My skin crawls whenever some ******* refers to Poison as metal.

that would be Hair Metal ;)

you prolly saw Arch Enemy, they have a blond singer who helped revive their careers back around 99/2000.

Lead singer of OTep is a blond chick as well

• 3 months later...

The answer to this query is obvious: Slayer. Aside from their music and intense stage show, their fans are absolutely insane. One guy cut "Slayer" into his forearm, and fans of that band are notorious for throwing things at any band unlucky enough to open for Slayer while yelling for the main act during their entire set.

Slayer fans: Hold on I will write a slayer song right now:

Drums: Hit the double bass as fast as possible. The other drums you can hit at your leisure, but remember every good Slayer song incorporates the least inventive drumming ever.

Lead Guitar: play a tap solo for at least 2/3 of the song, again, do it as fast as possible.

Bassist: Uhh just sit in the back will ya?

Rythmn Guitar: Make sure to never play more than 2 or 3 chords. Play them as fast as possible again.

Vocals: Here are the words to the song-

GWAH GWAH GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

REEEEE REEEEE GWAHHHHH REGWAHHHHH RUH RUH RUH RUH RUH!

RAH RAH RAAHHHHHHHHHHHH GRAH GRAH GRAW GRAW RAAAAAHHHH!!!!

MMMMMRHAAAAA RHAAAA SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN RHAAA!!!

YOU GOTTA REAREHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHEHEHEHEHRHRA SATAN'S COMING!!!

RUH RUH RUH HEREERERERERERERERE YEIAIAIOIAOAOAOOOOO RUH GWAHA!

SRRRRIIIIIIEIEIEIEIEIE SATAN DEATH KILL RWAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The end.

(This is meant to be a joke: do not flame me with remarks such as "HEY YOU DOUCHEBAG! THATS NOT ALL THERE IS TO SLAYER!!! IF YOU THINK THATS ALL THEY DO YOUR SADLY MISTAKEN RWAR!" I could poke as much fun at Lars Ulrich, Ozzy, or Lemmy.)

LOL!!! I am a big Slayer fan, but this post nearly made me have a heart attack! :rotflmao:

I just bought the Dragonforce disk, "Inhuman Rampage" since they are playing the main stage at Ozzfest. I must say I'm pretty impressed. They have the whole German power metal thing going, i.e. Helloween, and Gamma Ray.

Pretty good stuff. Apparently, these guys are huge everywhere else but in the U.S.

YES! these guys are AMAZING. i have all three of their albums (you should also look into Sonic Firestorm.)

i was at their concert a few weeks ago and they rocked the stage. they did this thing where the 3 guitarists and the keyboardist all went center-staged and fretted each-others' guitars while playing thier own. these guys know how to play.

Herman Li = amazing guitar

anyone like Children of Bodom, kinda cheesy with their lyrics and keyboards, but pretty awesome nonetheless.

I think for the thread, I agree with Broncosaurus, Slayer does deserve this title for heaveist hitting band.

However, I think some of those black metal groups definitely take a lot from Slayer.

Archived