Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton and Salisbury: Fact or Fiction.

TahoeSkin

Clayton and Salisbury: Fact or Fiction.

I haven't seen this posted; Sorry if it has.

I was driving home Saturday afternoon listening to Espn Radio co-hosted by John Clayton and Sean Salisbury. They got into a Fact or Fiction segment, with one of the questions being: Fact or Fiction: The Redskins will make the playoffs.

Clayton started off saying "100% Fact" that the Skins will make the playoffs, and said we would win the division too. Defense, Al Saunders, Lloyd, El, etc., etc. Yada, Yada, Yada. Not too surprising, as John Clayton is fairly objective and pretty knowledgeable.

Salisbury was up next. Well, my jaw dropped when Steakman said "I have to agree with you John, the Redskins will ABSOLUTELY make the playoffs" and are in fact Super Bowl contenders. Yeah, that's right. It's hard to believe, and I wish I had it on tape. But he went on and on and on about GW and our defense, Al Saunders, A. Carter, El, Lloyd, etc. I know it's hard to believe, but he seemed very earnest.

Well, anyway, did anyone else hear the show?

Looks like even Sean is changing his tune.

It scares me when Salisbury compliments us... the kind of scare you get when your best friends grandmother puts her hand and in your lap and looks you in the eye and smiles.............. :doh:

experience there? :laugh:

but yes I would prefer being the underdog

After years of raising expections in Spring and dashing them in December, the Redskins were understandably seen as more hype than substance. But this time, it's different. There's a tangible sense of optimism grounded in reality. If Brunell holds his ground, we can be in for a season that will be remembered in Redskin history for a long time to come.

It scares me when Salisbury compliments us... the kind of scare you get when your best friends grandmother puts her hand and in your lap and looks you in the eye and smiles.............. :doh:

HA . . . nice analogy. Yeah, i surely wouldn;t think he would publicly go against our chances considering he still hasn;t streaked through DC yet after we made the playoffs last year!

Salisbury has one opinion for radio, another for TV, and sometimes a third for the net

He covers all base in pre-season :laugh:

LOL, no question. At some point in the next month at different times he will state confidently that every team in the NFC East will make the playoffs.

Archived