Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Room Got Broken Into

IONTOP

Well I came home from work tonight at about 12:15 and saw that the door to my room was open... I walked inside and saw that my Xbox 360 was gone and all of my games were spawled out on the floor... since I live on the third floor, I am suspecting that it was one of my roommates. I share a bathroom with one of them, (it connects our rooms, one door for their entrance and one for mine) well they didn't steal my LCD monitor, 27" hi def TV, TIVO or my computer tower so they had to have just been after my 360... what they don't know is that my brother works for Bungee and has connections with Microsoft uppers... all I know is that there was no forced entry and a lot of CSI fingerprint dust around my room... if you don't see me posting here for the next couple weeks can ya'll collect an ES donation to bail the lovely IONTOP out of jail for homocide?

What kind of place do you live in? It sounds like there are only a few people with access to your door. The person who stole it will be the one who suddenly has some extra cash and is more than willing to buy you a few drinks to help you forget.

if you have renter's insurance, all you have to do is a file a police report with a list of everything missing(and a few extras ;) ) and your insurance co. will cover everything that was stolen. if not, regulate.

Not necessarily. Oftentimes there's a deductible, which may be as much as $500. I didn't get anything back when my PS2 & games were stolen freshman year.

next time, dont tell everyone u have one..

It's pieces of **** like you that jump to conclusions.... my room was deadbolted, the way they got in was through my other roommate's bathroom and came into my room because we have doors that connect in between rooms.... I didn't ****ing brag to anyone about having it... I work 65 hours a week, I didn't even know these people, the apartment community matched me up with them... so next time keep your cute little comments to yourself...

This happened to me approx 15 years ago when I was a kid. A neighborhood kid saw all the stuff in my room, and managed to slip out of my house with one of the spare keys, because there was no forced entry, but professional theives don't go straight to the 3rd bedroom to take a Super Nintendo, baseball cards and a CD Player, they go for the family jewels and TV and stuff like that.....Luckily we were insured.

my comment was just in generality... i know tons of folks who tell their business which often leads to bad results.. majority of the time, its the individual who owns the items fault

If you keep your room locked it's not your fault when something gets stolen.

im not making that kind of point.. lets say u buy a brand new mercedes and show it off to individual.. in some time, something bad will happen to your car

Sorry dude, but you're just out of line on this one. It's not ION's fault. Plus, who the :hump: keeps getting a 360 secret? That's a big deal.

Sorry dude, but you're just out of line on this one. It's not ION's fault. Plus, who the :hump: keeps getting a 360 secret? That's a big deal.

What? Dont you see? If you get something nice, you are just asking for trouble. Its your fault for getting something nice. :rollseyes:

im not making that kind of point.. lets say u buy a brand new mercedes and show it off to individual.. in some time, something bad will happen to your car

Your logic makes no sense. I have a beautiful niece. I've shown a picture of her to someone before. Does this mean that something bad is going to happen to her?? :doh:

if you have renter's insurance, all you have to do is a file a police report with a list of everything missing(and a few extras ;) ) and your insurance co. will cover everything that was stolen. if not, regulate.
Not the brightest idea. You have NO idea how many members here work in insurance, do you? :)

one of my co-workers just got a brand new Mercedes....oh, man...she was showing her new Benz to me on Friday....I hope nothing bad happened to her this weekend.... :paranoid:

Archived