Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bryan81

Doug Williams. He was the hero of Superbowl XVII (ironic that 17 played in SB 17). He set records and also went down in history as the first and only black QB to win a Superbowl.

So, that's why I say Doug.

Sorry, SSM, #17 was the hero of SB XXII, not XVII. XVII was Theismann.

Interestingly enough, #17 (Kilmer) was the QB in Super Bowl 7 (correct me if I'm wrong) & we lost. #7 (Theismann) was the QB for Super Bowl 17 & we won. Sorry, I'm always trying to connect the dots. Hopefully, #17 will be a good number for us again. :thumbsup:

Doug Williams. He was the hero of Superbowl XVII (ironic that 17 played in SB 17). He set records and also went down in history as the first and only black QB to win a Superbowl.

It was actually Super Bowl 22 that Doug Williams played in bud.:logo:

Ummm... that was Super Bowl 22. Theismann was your QB in Super Bowl 17.

What, no love for Danny Wuerffel here :laugh: :laugh:

Shockingly all 3.

Old enough to see old Billy wobble on RFK Field, drunk. Happy to have been at RFK when Doug finished his last years as a Skin, winning the big one. And hope JC gets a chance to make the B&G proud....

For me it's definitely Doug Williams. I'm too young to remember Kilmer, and I think Campbell has to "earn" the number before I'll give it to him in my mind. After the Super Bowl win over the Broncos, I definitely associate #17 with Doug Williams before anyone else. (Well, also Mike Ridley, but that's a different sport and a different jersey.)

Billy was a rugged fighter. Doug Williams had a great GAME in SB 22 and was a class act.

I think of both of them.

I haven't seen Jason Campbell do anything meaningful yet (key word being YET).

Let's hope he surpasses both Billy and Doug!

Hail

Archived