Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 25 coaches, Gibbs is #6

robotfire

parcells wont be in this game so i dont see why everyone is making a big deal.. i think cowher and holmgren will be #1 and #2m since they just returend to the superbowl.. this game i believe is based on the present so then probably shanahan, dungy, fox.. few others and start with the legends

Cowher is 13; Holmgren is 11. Both of those are ridiculous as neither deserves to be in the top 25. Top 40, maybe.

1. Paul Brown

2. George Halas

3. Don Shula

4. Tom Landry

5. Chuck Noll

he has Lombardi #7, and I would rank him above Shula & Landry, Halas had as many bad years as good ones.. but Longevity may be considered.

any list that would have Parcells, and Belichk ranked above Gibbs, Lombardi, and Walsh is a freaking joke.

1. Paul Brown

2. Joe Gibbs

3. Lombardi

4. Noll

5. Shula

6. Walsh

7. Landry

8. Belichek

9. Parcells

10. Halas

11. Levy

IGN is great for game news, but I wouldnt rely on them for NFL coach rankings :-P

It's not IGN that made the rankings. IGN is just REPORTING the ratings from EA Sports new game NFL Head Coach.

This is how EA Sports, the makers of the Madden series, views the top 25 coaches in history of the NFL.

And I agree, the list is a joke if Walsh, Gibbs, and Lombardi aren't ranked higher, but then its just opinion, like many of these Power Rankings on the web.

Bill Parcells name will not be in the game, but they might just say "Dallas Coach" as a top coach, and everyone will know who it is supposed to be, just like in the Madden games.

And I agree, the list is a joke if Walsh, Gibbs, and Lombardi aren't ranked higher, but then its just opinion, like many of these Power Rankings on the web.

I wouldn't necessarily have Walsh or Gibbs any higher. We are getting into some serious heavyweight names left. But I can't believe that Lombardi isn't #1 or #2.

Gibbs is a way better motivator than Parcells. Dallas took a downward spiral late last year. Ours was on the verge of tanking the season. Gibbs motivated the team to running the table. Besides, what has Parcells ever done without Belichick?

As Bubba said this is a joke. If we polled people nation wide and allowed players, coaches and most any respectable journalist the list couldn't be further from the one given by that game company.

1- Vince Lombardi

2- George Halas

3- Paul Brown

4- Joe Gibbs

5- Bill Walsh

Parcells is the most overrated coach in NFL history in my opinion. He is very, very good (and Hall of Fame worthy), but nowhere near the god-like treatment he gets. People conveniently forget that he's won virtually nothing in the playoffs for years. I remember him in N.Y. and I hated when the Skins played the Giants. Now, I am more convinced than ever that the young DC that he had by the name of Bill Bellicheck had as much to do with the Giants success as anything.

The only coach that I put on par with Gibbs in the last 30 years is Walsh. He helped revolutionize the way offensive football is played. Bellichick is getting closer though. This video game company needs to seek better council the next time they attempt something like this.

Just to tell you all, IGN didn't make the listing, if you would of read the first part, in NFL Head Coach they have a top 25 Head Coach List, Kinda like a Ingame Hall of fame, your main goal in the game is to get to number 1. So, to count down to the game, they are releasing what it says in the game, so blame EA, not IGN.

Said at the beginning og that one too, I guess everyone missed it,

As the youngest blood in the NFL, your goal in Head Coach is to win Super Bowl after Super Bowl and one day reach the Hall of Legends where you might one day be known as the best coach in football history. But before you get the gold shrine with your name attached, we're here to breakdown who EA Sports decided Hall of Legends worthy.

They ranked the Top 25 coaches in the history of the league, and the list is sure to touch off some serious debate. [/Quote]

Joe Gibbs: 140-76-0, 17-6 Playoffs, 3 Superbowl wins.

Bill Parcells: 163-123-1, 11-7 Playoffs, 2 Superbowl wins.

Bill Belichick: 99-77-0, 11-2 Playoffs, 3 Superbowl wins.

========================================

Gibbs: 1.842 wins for every loss as an NFL coach.

Parcells: 1.32 wins for every loss as an NFL coach.

Belichick: 1.28 wins for every loss an an NFL coach.

=========================================

Gibbs: 2.8 wins for every loss in the playoffs.

Parcells: 1.57 wins for every loss in the playoffs.

Belichick: 5.5 wins for every loss in the playoffs.

=========================================

Gibbs: 11 winning seasons, 2 losing seasons, 1 even season (8-8)

Parcells: 12 winning seasons, 5 losing seasons, 1 even season.

Belichick: 6 winning seasons, 5 losing seasons.

==================================================

Just throwing some stats out there........green means that coach had the best statistics in that category, yellow is in the middle, and red is worst of the group in that category.

Gibbs had 4 Greens, 5 Yellows, and 0 reds.

Parcells had 2 Greens, 3 Yellows, and 4 reds.

Belichick had 2 greens, 4 yellows, and 3 reds.

Well, I guess the positive news is Gibbs is rated above Walsh and Lombardi. Clearly a joke list. I could argue for 1 or 2 other coaches to be ranked hired than these three. (Landry not, Bellicheck must be given some credit, same as Noll; Shula right behind the big three)

\

A certainty huh? What about guys like Paul Brown, George Halas, and Mike Ditka? Who is to say those guys wont be on there? Dont try and sidestep the truth, you stole Hostiles list and clearly you can not think for yourself.

Paul Brown and George Halas Maybe, but Mike Ditka, you've got to be kidding.

i think parcells is a better motivator than gibbs.. but gibbs brings much more to the table

Where the hell did you get that from? Just because you yell at your players a lot doesn't make you a good motivator. Gibbs's players would die for him, and he's the king of the timeout-, quarter-, and halftime-changes. If Gibbs couldn't motivate better than anyone else, only Lombardi is on his level, then those three rings wouldn't be on his fingers.

hmm, this looks quite familiar :)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156465&page=1&pp=15

and yes, there is no way in hell that parcells shouldnt go before Gibbs, i dont even think he'll be in there as some posters have stated already, and if its any consolation, there are two other Skins coaches on the list, Ray Flaherty and George Allen, albeit a little too low. (at least for George Allen)

Belicheck deserves to be ahead of Gibbs. What he has accomplished in the modern day era of free agency is un believable. I would throw in Jimmy Johnson as well since he engineered the Cowboys squad of the early 90's. But Belicheck 3 Superbowls in 4 years. Dont get me wrong Gibbs is up there but should be considered top 6

Archived