Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 25 coaches, Gibbs is #6

robotfire

This is a list from EA sports for some video game. Belicheck and Parcells have some sort of Use of name rights, so they most likely won't be in the top 5. Or else EA sports would have to pay them. So the rest of the list should look like this...........

1. Shula

2. Landry

3. Noll

4. Paul Brown

5. George Halas

Personally I think that whole list is whacked, not to have Lombardi in the top 5 is ridiculous.

Here's my top 10

1. Lombardi

2. Landry

3. Shula

4. Walsh

5. Paul Brown

6. Parcells

7. Knoll

8. Gibbs

9. Belicheck

10. Schottenheimer

No way Parcells is ahead of Gibbs except at the buffet line.

You must not read a lot of my posts. I could give 2 :pooh: :pooh: what "many people in the sports world" think. Most people in the sports world have a tendency to be very biased towards Dallas, so, I kinda would expect them to disagree with me.

What matters to me is that most of the people on THIS site WOULD agree with me about this.

:laugh: Not really a big achievement there is it buddy? This is kinda like having your own mom say that your the most handsome little boy in the world... :applause:

I think that turning around teams is great, but it certainly doesn't outweigh records, playoffs, Lombardis, drafting/free agency ability, longevity, ingenuity, and the list goes on.

Parcells is a great coach, but he's just not at the level of Walsh, Knoll, Lombardi, Gibbs, and so on.

There is really no way to prove who is better, it is way to subjective. I put more credit on the fact that Parcells has built winning programs wherever he has gone. Gibbs has done it once. With the skins. And I'm not saying that in a derogatory way, Landry did it once too....with the cowboys. Gibbs should garner a bunch of respect, but how do we know that if he went to coach the saints tomorrow, that he could build them into a winner? We don't.

Parcells has taken trash teams and built them into contenders. Every place he's been he leaves the franchise in a winning position. That is an incredible accomplishment.

If you want to talk superbowl trophies, you can't compare the two. Parcells takes trash and builds it into winners. Gibbs has only coached in one place. How many sb trophies would Bill have if he spent as much time with the giants as gibbs did with the skins? We'll never know for sure, but I bet he would have won another one or two, or maybe 3.

Same thing for Total wins, and playoff appearances. If you're going to use those, the numbers are skewed because how long he was with one team. Its just not fair to compare the two. If that were the case, why don't we forget about wins and just look at winning percentages? I'll take Barry Switzer then. Does that make Barry good? No, but he's got a killer winning percentage, but we all know the numbers are skewed because of his situation. Same thing in comparing Gibbs to Parcells. The numbers are skewed because of their situations.

If Jimmy would have stayed with the cowboys, how many trophies would he have? 4? 5?. Does that make him a better head coach than Gibbs??? Most certainly not. Why? Because he would have done it with 1 team. Just like Gibbs did. Talk all you want about those 3 different qb's winning it all. I think that is a little overrated. Those quarterbacks weren't trash. Maybe One or two of them weren't all stars, but far from trash.

I don't expect to convince anyone here that Parcells is in fact better than Gibbs, but maybe, just maybe you'll look at it a little more objectively, and won't be so quick to dismiss Parcells as a possiblility to rank higher than Gibbs.

Throw skins fans and cowboys fans out of the equation and do a poll around the NFL and see who gets ranked higher. I'd bet Parcells would get the nod everywhere else.

There is really no way to prove who is better, it is way to subjective. I put more credit on the fact that Parcells has built winning programs wherever he has gone. Gibbs has done it once. With the skins. And I'm not saying that in a derogatory way, Landry did it once too....with the cowboys. Gibbs should garner a bunch of respect, but how do we know that if he went to coach the saints tomorrow, that he could build them into a winner? We don't.

Parcells has taken trash teams and built them into contenders. Every place he's been he leaves the franchise in a winning position. That is an incredible accomplishment.

If you want to talk superbowl trophies, you can't compare the two. Parcells takes trash and builds it into winners. Gibbs has only coached in one place. How many sb trophies would Bill have if he spent as much time with the giants as gibbs did with the skins? We'll never know for sure, but I bet he would have won another one or two, or maybe 3.

Same thing for Total wins, and playoff appearances. If you're going to use those, the numbers are skewed because how long he was with one team. Its just not fair to compare the two. If that were the case, why don't we forget about wins and just look at winning percentages? I'll take Barry Switzer then. Does that make Barry good? No, but he's got a killer winning percentage, but we all know the numbers are skewed because of his situation. Same thing in comparing Gibbs to Parcells. The numbers are skewed because of their situations.

If Jimmy would have stayed with the cowboys, how many trophies would he have? 4? 5?. Does that make him a better head coach than Gibbs??? Most certainly not. Why? Because he would have done it with 1 team. Just like Gibbs did. Talk all you want about those 3 different qb's winning it all. I think that is a little overrated. Those quarterbacks weren't trash. Maybe One or two of them weren't all stars, but far from trash.

I don't expect to convince anyone here that Parcells is in fact better than Gibbs, but maybe, just maybe you'll look at it a little more objectively, and won't be so quick to dismiss Parcells as a possiblility to rank higher than Gibbs.

Throw skins fans and cowboys fans out of the equation and do a poll around the NFL and see who gets ranked higher. I'd bet Parcells would get the nod everywhere else.

Lots of great point. I think the main reason for any type of argument, is that Bill did bounce around. Anybody on here, unless they are complete idiots, wouldn't say Landry wasn't kick ass. There is something to be said about the guy who is in it through thick and thin. The epitome of a coach. At the same time, I see your point of view too. The fact is, they are both great coaches. Ranking them is silly. Football isn't like other sports, where their aren't as many variables. Phil Jackson comes to mind with basketball. You could say anybody could have done what he did with that talent. Football is different. Gibbs and Parcells both have done great things. I'm very open minded, but I have to say this. Bill just comes off like a dick sometimes. I think that is why he's getting flack. He still will go to the HOF. Looking forward to the renewal of the rivalry.

Lots of great point. I think the main reason for any type of argument, is that Bill did bounce around. Anybody on here, unless they are complete idiots, wouldn't say Landry wasn't kick ass. There is something to be said about the guy who is in it through thick and thin. The epitome of a coach. At the same time, I see your point of view too. The fact is, they are both great coaches. Ranking them is silly. Football isn't like other sports, where their aren't as many variables. Phil Jackson comes to mind with basketball. You could say anybody could have done what he did with that talent. Football is different. Gibbs and Parcells both have done great things. I'm very open minded, but I have to say this. Bill just comes off like a dick sometimes. I think that is why he's getting flack. He still will go to the HOF. Looking forward to the renewal of the rivalry.

Now see, to me therein lies the biggest difference. You said it right there, Bill Parcells "will get into the HOF." How could he possibly be higher ranked than Gibbs, who is ALREADY in the HOF!

Gibbs and Parcells both have done great things. I'm very open minded, but I have to say this. Bill just comes off like a dick sometimes. .

Sometimes???? LOL. Bill comes off as a dick most of the time. He is just a tough hardass coach. Old school. The press around here hates him cause he doesn't take any flack, and god forbid they ask him a "stupid" question. He lays into them.

Archived