Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 25 coaches, Gibbs is #6

robotfire

wow, I really want to know who's in the top 5 if Gibbs, Lombardi and Walsh can't make it. Isn't Lombardi kind of universally excepted as the best coach ever? I mena, they did name the freakin trophy after him. There's no way there are 6 coaches better than him and frankly, Gibbs isn't quite at his level.....yet.

I'm guessing:

1. Shula

2. Noll

3. Landry

4. Belichick

5. Parcells

That list looks pretty good there TennCowboy...to bad it isnt your own...

This is Hostiles post from cowboyzone:

"Going to Guess...

5. Parcells

4. Belichek

3. Landry

2. Noll

1. Shula

Not how I would rank them, how I think they will."

Tenncowboy you clearly can't think for yourself.

That list looks pretty good there TennCowboy...to bad it isnt your own...

This is Hostiles post from cowboyzone:

"Going to Guess...

5. Parcells

4. Belichek

3. Landry

2. Noll

1. Shula

Not how I would rank them, how I think they will."

Tenncowboy you clearly can't think for yourself.

Amazing that we would both have the same list, when it's almost a certainty that's how it will come out.

What the hell does IGN know about coaching NFL football? Aren't they a video game company?

I guess you know more about coaching NFl football. IGN does a lot more than just write about video games, although they're the focus.

I don't see what's so wrong about the list. When you have to rank coaches that are at so high a level, it's hard to dispute who goes where.

Amazing that we would both have the same list, when it's almost a certainty that's how it will come out.
\

A certainty huh? What about guys like Paul Brown, George Halas, and Mike Ditka? Who is to say those guys wont be on there? Dont try and sidestep the truth, you stole Hostiles list and clearly you can not think for yourself.

This should be the list!

----------------------------

1)Lombardi

2)Knoll

3)Gibbs

4)Shula

5)Landry

6)Belichick

7)Vermeil

8)Stram

9)Grant

10)Parcells

IMO...This is the list of the all-time best NFL head coaches ever...In this order!

At least this is the order of coaches I would want coaching my football team...

How can you have parcells and belichek in there ahead of lombardi, gibbs, and walsh. Wtf is there criteria for coming up with this :pooh:. I guess Hall of Fame credentials and 5 championships, 3 & 4 super bowls gets you a nice 10 through 6 slot?

All I had to do was look at Lombardi at 7 to realize that A) this is moronic garbage or B) this is moronic and homerific garbage.

"These aren't the droids your looking for....move along, move along."

Interesting...

I don't see how you put Parcells ahead of Gibbs. He is behind in terms of games won, winning percentage and Super Bowls won.

Belichek is more difficult because of the great run he has had in New England, winning 3 Super Bowls and having that great consecutive game win run. However, I still give Gibbs the edge because you have to count Bill's failed first attempt in Cleveland against him and Bill's SB run was with mostly the same core group of players while Gibbs rebuilt the team for all 3 runs.

Of course, opinions are like...

I agree with where Gibbs is placed but think it's f'n ridiculous they would put Parcells ahead of him. Parcells has two rings and consistently bails out on his teams when he gets them "good". Notice I don't even give him the good part since he doesn't finish the job...he is a loser in the end.

Of course that's just my opinion

If this list is for the Head coach game, Parcells will propably not be on it since he is not part of the Association that sells rights for games, same reason he is not on madden

Not that this list has all that much credibility to begin with but if that's the case then that would completely make it irrelevant.

parcells wont be in this game so i dont see why everyone is making a big deal.. i think cowher and holmgren will be #1 and #2m since they just returend to the superbowl.. this game i believe is based on the present so then probably shanahan, dungy, fox.. few others and start with the legends

Since 5 thru 1 haven't come out yet, I don't see why everyone is saying Parcells. Just because some cowboy fan says he is 5 doesn't make it true.

That makes sense. George Halas and Paul Brown appear to be missing from the list.

Who would the 5th missing coach be?

Archived