Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hells kitchen

Pete

Watched for the first time tonight. That chef is insane, but I guess it works. My question is how do they expect chefs from acfeteria's and prisons to operate a five star restaurant? I would think you would have to have extensive culinary training but some of these people seem to be the equivalent of a short-order cook.

I'm suprised people haven't tried different methods of dealing with Chef Ramsey. That one chick tonight actually said "yes I would serve that tortellini", which was a bit suprising considering two of them were split way open.

But I'm suprised no one has the personality to really take a different approach in dealing with such a dick.

I believe the contestants last year had much better skill than the ones this year... I see no standout chefs other than heather worth a damn...
It seems like Garrett's alright too, but you're right - the contestants last season seemed a bit better. It is early in the show though, so it may be hard to tell with some of them. I'm sure they had a much better contestant pool this time around, but maybe they're trying to see how much Chef Ramsey can teach total amateurs over the course of a few weeks.

I really like this show ... I actually waited tables at a nice restaurant in LA for four years with a somewhat abrasive head chef, and the show definitely takes me back to some frantic moments in the kitchen - I can look back on the slow orders now with a little bit more sympathy.

Anybody watching this season? It's the only reality show I can stand. The chef is as off the wall as ever, and he's got a group of bozos, so it makes it all the better.

Watched it last year and liked the show until the ending; the guy never got his own place.

I'll give it another try this year; it was very entertaining.

Watched for the first time tonight. That chef is insane, but I guess it works. My question is how do they expect chefs from acfeteria's and prisons to operate a five star restaurant? I would think you would have to have extensive culinary training but some of these people seem to be the equivalent of a short-order cook.

Yeah, how is someone with no restaurant experience (like a stockbroker) supposed to be able to know how to deal with a dinner service? That's why I preferred "Top Chef" on Bravo--most were actually in the food industry in some way, even if they weren't professionally trained.

Supposedly a lot of Ramsey's rough style came from his first career--he was a football (soccer) player for Glasgow Rangers (eh, go Celtic). Has anyone seen Ramsey's show on BBC America, Ramsey's Restaurants Rennovations or something? I like that one better-he's still tough, but it's more story and less yelling.

I've started watching the show. Like others have said, I am disappointed in the quality of the contestants. I'm as qualified as most of them.

Could not agree more. I'll bet they wanted to make it different by taking less experienced people, but it's not working. Still a good show, but not as good as last season.

I enjoy this show and angree with some here. There is no one except for maybe Heather who seems like they will cut it.

It grossed me out to watch the "sweater" drip in all the food.

Oh, and why would you have the fat, out of shape guy being a waiter on the 2nd floor?

I thought that was the point of the show. He really didn't get one?

I didn't realize the new season of this started already. Thanks for the heads up everyone. I liked the last season.

Well, he was given a choice...Either take the restauraunt, or be top assistant Chef at Ramsey's restauraunt. Unfortunately for him, he only had the 30 seconds left in the show to make his decision, and he decided to take the sure thing and work at an established place. I noticed this year they have phrased the grand prize a bit differently.

Before someone signed up for this abuse, all they had to do is watch last year's shows. These folks must've wanted it what they're offering despite all their interview rhetoric.

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who watches it. I see it as a "live fire" drill so to speak. If you can handel Ramsey, you can handel anything. I had a service manager that was exactly like him, but I learned a lot from him, and nothing anybody could do to phase me would after working for Earl.

Archived