Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In Depth Political Quiz

gchwood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Pro-Government Conservative

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Pro-Government Conservative typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues.

Pro-Government Conservatives represent 9 percent of the American public, and 10 percent of registered voters.

Basic Description

Pro-Government Conservatives stand out for their strong religious faith and conservative views on many social and cultural issues. They also express broad support for a social safety net, which sets them apart from the other two core Republican groups. While backing George W. Bush by roughly six-to-one, this group has one of the lowest incomes levels in the typology. Pro-Government Conservatives are skeptical about the effectiveness of the marketplace, favoring government regulation to protect the public interest, and government assistance for the needy.

Defining Values

Religious, financially insecure, and favorable toward government programs. Support the Iraq war and an assertive foreign policy, but less uniformly so than Enterprisers or Social Conservatives. Back government involvement in a wide range of policy areas, from poverty assistance to protecting morality and regulating industry.

Who They Are

Predominately female (62%) and relatively young; highest percentage of minority members of any Republican-leaning group (10% black, 12% Hispanic). Most (59%) have no more than a high school diploma. They also are poorer than other Republican groups; nearly half (49%) have household incomes of less than $30,000 (about on par with Disadvantaged Democrats). Nearly half (47%) are parents of children living at home. 42% live in the South.

Lifestyle Notes

Most (52%) attend religious services at least weekly; nearly all describe religion as “very important” in their lives. Gun ownership is lower (36%) than in other GOP groups. Just 14% trade stocks and bonds in the market; 39% say someone in their home has faced unemployment in the past year.

2004 Election

Bush 61%, Kerry 12%. Fully 21% said they didn’t vote in November.

Party ID

58% Republican, 40% Independent/No Preference, 2% Democrat (86% Rep/LeanRep)

Media Use

Most Pro-Government Conservatives consult traditional news sources, including newspapers (48%) and network TV (31%). No more or less engaged in politics than the national average.

Off to change the party affiliation on my voters card.

Disadvantaged Democrat

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Disadvantaged Democrat typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues.

Disadvantaged Democrats represent 10 percent of the American public, and 10 percent of registered voters.

Basic Description

Disadvantaged Democrats are the least financially secure of all the groups, and they express strongly negative feelings toward business, and strong support for government efforts to help the needy. Minorities account for a significant proportion of this group; nearly a third (32%) are black, roughly the same proportion as among Conservative Democrats. Levels of disapproval of George W. Bush job performance (91%) and candidate choice in 2004 (82% for Kerry) are comparable to those among Liberals.

Defining Values

Most likely to be skeptical of an individual’s ability to succeed without impediments and most anti-business. Strong belief that government should do more to help the poor, yet most are disenchanted with government. Strongly supportive of organized labor (71% have a favorable view of labor unions).

Who They Are

Low average incomes (32% below $20,000 in household income); most (77%) often can’t make ends meet. Six-in-ten are female. Three-in-ten (32%) are black and 14% are Hispanic. Not very well educated, 67% have at most a high-school degree. Nearly half (47%) are parents of children living at home.

Lifestyle Notes

Nearly a quarter (23%) report someone in their household is a member of a labor union, and 58% report that they or someone in the home has been unemployed in the past year– both far larger proportions than in any other group. Only 27% report having a gun in the home.

2004 Election

2% Bush, 82% Kerry

Party ID

84% Democrat; 16% Independent/No Preference, 0% Republican (99% Dem/Lean Dem)

Media Use

Largest viewership of CNN as main news source among all groups (31%). Only group in which a majority (53%) reads newspapers

Disaffected

Based on your answers to the questionnaire, you most closely resemble survey respondents within the Disaffected typology group. This does not mean that you necessarily fit every group characteristic or agree with the group on all issues. Disaffecteds represent 9 percent of the American public, and 10 percent of registered voters.

Basic Description

Disaffecteds are deeply cynical about government and unsatisfied with both their own economic situation and the overall state of the nation. Under heavy financial pressure personally, this group is deeply concerned about immigration and environmental policies, particularly to the extent that they affect jobs. Alienated from politics, Disaffecteds have little interest in keeping up with news about politics and government, and few participated in the last election.

Defining Values

Despite personal financial strain – and belief that success is mostly beyond a person’s control – Disaffecteds are the only moderate supporters of government welfare and assistance to the poor. Strongly oppose immigration as well as regulatory and environmental policies on the grounds that government is ineffective and such measures cost jobs.

Who They Are

Less educated (70% have attended no college, compared with 49% nationwide) and predominantly male (57%). While a majority (60%) leans Republican, three-in-ten are strict independents, triple the national rate. Disaffecteds live in all parts of the country, though somewhat more are from rural and suburban areas than urban.

Lifestyle Notes

Somewhat higher percentage report having a gun in the home than the national average, and 42% report someone in their house has been unemployed in the past year.

2004 Election

Bush 42%, Kerry 21%. Nearly a quarter (23%) said they didn’t vote in the last election.

Party ID

68% Independent/No Preference, 30% Republican, 2% Democrat (60% Rep/LeanRep) Media Use

Disaffecteds have little interest in current events and pay little attention to the news. No single medium or network stands out as a main source.

Go figure?:)

It's interesting if you look at the detailed demographic tables...liberals are the only group out of the 9 that:

- favors gay marriage

- opposes displaying the ten commandments in public buildings

- favors cutting defense spending to reduce the deficit

- "have a friend, colleague or family member who is gay"

On each of those issues, all 8 other groups are on the opposite side of the spectrum, by lopsided margins.

It's interesting if you look at the detailed demographic tables...liberals are the only group out of the 9 that:

- favors gay marriage

On each of those issues, every other group is against them, by lopsided margins.

Good thing liberals outnumber everyone else.

Hooray democracy!

Good thing liberals outnumber everyone else.

Must be a coastal thing. The rest of the country is pretty conservative. I'm more Reagan Republican/Libertarian/Constitutionalsts myself actually. Split betweens Constitutionalists and Libertarians. Meaning I'm a conservative who thinks the new breed of Republicans are douchebags. Go Newt '08!!!

- favors gay marriage

On each of those issues, all 8 other groups are on the opposite side of the spectrum, by lopsided margins.

Damn Liberals. :doh: :laugh:

Liberal....nothing shocking there...:)

Oh, and I

- support gay marriage

- oppose displaying the ten commandments anywhere except in a church

- favor cutting defense spending to focus resources on education and environment

- have a friend, colleague and family member who are gay

WHo the hell does your group of lefty nimrods have wortha dime? If Hillary or Barak Osama is all you got then we're in trouble. Newt is better than anyone out there now. Unless you think BIG govt' solves all problems.

Not a lefty. If I had my way 50% of the federal government would disappear tomorrow. And I would work to eliminate another 40% over time. I am a radical libertarian.

Oh and I hate Hillary Clinton. While I don't hate Obama, his politics is way to left for me. Bright guy, though

Of all the presidential candidates that have been mentioned, I like Feingold the most. In an ideal world, Ron Paul would be my choice.

Archived