Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

of course they grew up watching old school wrestling, who didnt grow up watching it? plus the 2 you listed are the 2 biggest brown nosers in the wwe.....YOU LOSE

as for mic skills, they do those today, they are called shoot interviews, and the reason they dont speak their mind, is because they are being paid an ass load of money to say what they are told... plus listening to the rock do his thing, dx mock the nation ro the corporation, hell, anything stone cold would pull during his prime was better than anything flair or rhodes ever did....YOU LOSE

adn as for the itnernet, yea ill give yu that, but no one said anything about it, therefore its a moot point...

Brown nosing has jack to do with there mic and promo style they do it the way it's supposed to be done as taught by the legends.

As I stated earlier about Dusty, that was better than a lot of what those guy's did and all those matches like Hell in a Cell you love so much started back then with war Games, The Elimination chamber to, except War Games was a team and the Chamber is a loner match. All your pecious Hardcore matches started with Bullrope, strap and chain matches, as well as Kevin Sullivan's Tower of Terror and taped fist matches, do you think the falls count anywhere only came along with the hardcore title, NO.

Sith has forgotten more than you'll ever know, and so have I. You refuse to learn the origins of what you love so much, your precius ECW was derived 10 years before Shane Douglas crowned the east Coat Belt the Extreme Championship, in Japan, and all the matches you can wgip out aren't 100% original there updated copies of stuff that was already succesful and based on your age your first contact with wrestling probaly was the attitude era which is fine but have respect for the guy's who set there followers up to be sucessful because everything that's new in wrestling is stolen from a previous time long enough that Vinnie Mac thinks everyone has forgotten about it and most are idea's of the comp. he swallowed. His idea's sucked, the gobbaly gooker, Survior series was war Games with no cage, King of the ring was a singles version of the Crocket Cup. Wrestlemania was a copy of Starcade, Summerslam was a copy of the Great American Bash so I'm glad Vince appreciated that enough to purchase the intelectual property of the companies he stole his ideas from, I bet you think Wrestlemanian was the 1st PPV, it isn't the AWA had SuperBrawl before it. Vince covered poor in ring performance with using famous people like Cindy Lauper Mr T, LT, the NFL versus WWF battle royal. He only got the idea to try and break the North American Attendance record for indoors from Japan and the Egg Dome, he got the idead to do Wrestlemania from World Class events at Texas Stadium. I'm leading a camel to water, Vince's product sucks now because he doesn't have base idead's to steal and put his spin on them.

i can keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny, surprised WWE has tried to book him for a match at a big PPV to bump the buy rate and then take away from the fact his show was garbage

On ocassion, there's still a story being told in a WWE match.

Remember when HBK & Cena went at it for the Title? Remember how pissed HBK was? Do you know why? Cena no sold every damn thing HBK did in that match. HBK was working a match to tell a story & Cena completely effed it up.

Remember the SmackDown! Six from a few years ago? When Eddie/Chavo/Edge/Rey/Angle/Beniot were tearing it up. Damn. That period had the best post Attitude Era matches in the WWE. Of course, Paul Heyman was the booker then, not Vince. Go figure. :)

Remember when HBK & Cena went at it for the Title? Remember how pissed HBK was? Do you know why? Cena no sold every damn thing HBK did in that match. HBK was working a match to tell a story & Cena completely effed it up.

Remember the SmackDown! Six from a few years ago? When Eddie/Chavo/Edge/Rey/Angle/Beniot were tearing it up. Damn. That period had the best post Attitude Era matches in the WWE. Of course, Paul Heyman was the booker then, not Vince. Go figure. :)

Ah yes, the Smackdown 6. You could always count on a match between any of them to be watchable at WORST, awesome at best.

Occasionally it happens but it comes from people who have been in the Biz longer and gleened their style from somewhere besides vinve's desk, 4 of the guy's mentioned were booked by Flair before they went to work for Vince.

is that Precious Paul Ellering in your sig?:laugh:

is that Precious Paul Ellering in your sig?:laugh:

Nope. It's the Craig T. Nelson from Coach.

However I did switch to Coachman as th Coach avatar this morning. I'm waiting for someone in the Stadium to ask me when we hired Meeks. :D

My favorite was DX when they all dressed up like the other guys.

Triple H as "The Crock"

X-Pac as Shamrock..."Im in a zoooooooone"

and any man who will wear a pink Speedo with lip prints and the words "Mr Ass" on it can always get a laugh out of me. Man I love wrassling..

of course they grew up watching old school wrestling, who didnt grow up watching it? plus the 2 you listed are the 2 biggest brown nosers in the wwe.....YOU LOSE

as for mic skills, they do those today, they are called shoot interviews, and the reason they dont speak their mind, is because they are being paid an ass load of money to say what they are told... plus listening to the rock do his thing, dx mock the nation ro the corporation, hell, anything stone cold would pull during his prime was better than anything flair or rhodes ever did....YOU LOSE

adn as for the itnernet, yea ill give yu that, but no one said anything about it, therefore its a moot point...

I read a good amount of your posts in this thread (probably not all, but I may have the gist of it) and I have to say that you are probably just a new age wrestling fan that refuses to appreciate and respect anything that wrestling has done in the past, and think that promos and high spots equal quality sports entertainment.

First off, it's wrong for you to bash Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes. Have you actually watched any of their old promos or matches? From reading your posts, I judge that you haven't. What they did for wrestling in the 1980s was revolutionary! And as entertaining as the Rock and Stone Cold was in the mic, I (and many other wrestling fans who followed the business for a long time) would probably take Dusty Rhodes over them, because he didn't have to be "controversial" to get the attention of the fans.

As far as Ric Flair is concerned, IMO, anybody who bashes him has little to no appreciation in the business. He was in a plane crash in the 80s, he broke his back, and his career was said to be over by many. Yet, he went to go on and put on the career that he had, and is still wrestling TODAY! IMO, Ric Flair in his prime was one of the most complete wrestlers the industry has ever seen, who had the skills in the ring and in the mic. True, Rock and Austin were great in the mic, but Flair in his hey-day was better. Plus, you have to remember that Rock and Austin was never really known for their wrestling ability (a lot of people refuse to admit they also have the "five moves of doom" move set that Cena is known for today).

And as much as you'd like to think the Attitude Era was the golden era of wrestling, it's not! Yes, that was the period that had the high ratings and made the most $, but it was in the 80's where wrestling became mainstream and unregionalized, and if that didn't happen in the 80's, a lot of the stuff you'd be talking about today wouldn't even be possible.

I will give it to you though when you said that wrestling has somewhat "evolved" since then. But, spotty hardcore wrestling with no meaning still does not beat a high quality wrestling match that tells a story with great ring psychology, which was a huge quality that many of the matches of the 80s had. Mick Foley and Undertaker was a memorable match, but the 2 high spots overshadowed the match itself, and it doesn't make a good complete wrestling match.

And before you overrate a lot of the HIC matches, check out a lot of the early WarGames matches from NWA. Today's Elimination Chamber is just pretty much a ripoff of the WarGames. Big Bossman and Al Snow was in a HIC match, would you say that match is better than any of the WarGames matches?

In conclusion, before you bash the wrestlers of the past, you should actually take the time to educate yourself about them and actually watch their matches back then. My recommendations, check out WWE 24/7 to watch some old matches, check out WCCW, NWA, and AWA. Because from reading a lot of your posts, it just seems like you're just so biased with the wrestling now, that you're just so quick to bash on the wrestlers of the past. Don't get me wrong, I loved a lot of the stuff in the 90s and today, but IMO, you can't really have a true appreciation for the wrestling business today unless you appreciate what happened in the 80's (as well as what happens in Japan).

I read a good amount of your posts in this thread (probably not all, but I may have the gist of it) and I have to say that you are probably just a new age wrestling fan that refuses to appreciate and respect anything that wrestling has done in the past, and think that promos and high spots equal quality sports entertainment.

First off, it's wrong for you to bash Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes. Have you actually watched any of their old promos or matches? From reading your posts, I judge that you haven't. What they did for wrestling in the 1980s was revolutionary! And as entertaining as the Rock and Stone Cold was in the mic, I (and many other wrestling fans who followed the business for a long time) would probably take Dusty Rhodes over them, because he didn't have to be "controversial" to get the attention of the fans.

As far as Ric Flair is concerned, IMO, anybody who bashes him has little to no appreciation in the business. He was in a plane crash in the 80s, he broke his back, and his career was said to be over by many. Yet, he went to go on and put on the career that he had, and is still wrestling TODAY! IMO, Ric Flair in his prime was one of the most complete wrestlers the industry has ever seen, who had the skills in the ring and in the mic. True, Rock and Austin were great in the mic, but Flair in his hey-day was better. Plus, you have to remember that Rock and Austin was never really known for their wrestling ability (a lot of people refuse to admit they also have the "five moves of doom" move set that Cena is known for today).

And as much as you'd like to think the Attitude Era was the golden era of wrestling, it's not! Yes, that was the period that had the high ratings and made the most $, but it was in the 80's where wrestling became mainstream and unregionalized, and if that didn't happen in the 80's, a lot of the stuff you'd be talking about today wouldn't even be possible.

I will give it to you though when you said that wrestling has somewhat "evolved" since then. But, spotty hardcore wrestling with no meaning still does not beat a high quality wrestling match that tells a story with great ring psychology, which was a huge quality that many of the matches of the 80s had. Mick Foley and Undertaker was a memorable match, but the 2 high spots overshadowed the match itself, and it doesn't make a good complete wrestling match.

And before you overrate a lot of the HIC matches, check out a lot of the early WarGames matches from NWA. Today's Elimination Chamber is just pretty much a ripoff of the WarGames. Big Bossman and Al Snow was in a HIC match, would you say that match is better than any of the WarGames matches?

In conclusion, before you bash the wrestlers of the past, you should actually take the time to educate yourself about them and actually watch their matches back then. My recommendations, check out WWE 24/7 to watch some old matches, check out WCCW, NWA, and AWA. Because from reading a lot of your posts, it just seems like you're just so biased with the wrestling now, that you're just so quick to bash on the wrestlers of the past. Don't get me wrong, I loved a lot of the stuff in the 90s and today, but IMO, you can't really have a true appreciation for the wrestling business today unless you appreciate what happened in the 80's (as well as what happens in Japan).

do you feel better after writing that? seriously, i know more than you about wrestling...i never said it was better now than it was then.. I SAID IT WAS MORE ENTERTAINING..... and i stand by that, but i guess as long as you people keep drooling about ric flair and dusty rhodes from 10 years ago in a a company not around anymore, its all just a moot point

Guest sith lord
I know King Kong Bundy sucks, but what am I missing here?

I know that "Black Saturday" was on wwe 24/7 last month, I just don't know the whole story.....

The WWE took over NWA's WTBS production and timeslot. The studio they were in is the same studio and even the same set that the NWA used. Even the adverisement of upcoming WWF events was the same advertising style that the NWA were using at the time. To throw even more salt in the NWA's wounds was for the WWF to hold a show in the Omni in Atlanta, the NWA's main arena at the time.

But it only lasted a month or two because fans were PISSED. I think Vince sold the Crocketts(owners of the NWA)the timeslot for about $1,000,000.

Guest sith lord
RIC FLAIR AUGUST 1985

Ric Flair gives Ricky Morton a training bra

Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes (Baby Doll turns!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnMdTPYCLBM&feature=related

Ric Flair talks Baby Doll's turn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruUB-E0t6_U&feature=related

Dusty Rhodes talks Baby Doll's turn

Brings back great memories. I miss having to get up at 8:00 am on Saturday morning to mess with the old rabbit ears(because World Wide Wrestling was on a UHF channel)to get a decent picture.

By the way, who's getting TNA's Against All Odds tonight?

do you feel better after writing that? seriously, i know more than you about wrestling...i never said it was better now than it was then.. I SAID IT WAS MORE ENTERTAINING..... and i stand by that, but i guess as long as you people keep drooling about ric flair and dusty rhodes from 10 years ago in a a company not around anymore, its all just a moot point

I tried to be nice in my reply post to you, but since you're trying to insult my intelligence, I guess I'm just gonna have to tear you a new one...

Yeah, you know more about wrestling. Bashing Flair and Dusty the way you have just shows your real ignorance on the wrestling business, and you're just bashing them based on your own biases to the present era. To be honest with ya, I first started watching wrestling in the late 80s (most of which I didn't really remember), but haven't really gotten into it until the 90s. I probably even have a lot of the same favorite matches that you do (I do also like the RVD-Jerry Lynn matches). However, I kept my mind open and actually watched a good amount of what happened in the past. And from doing that, I came with the unbiased opinion was that the 80s era was better OVERALL. I'm pretty sure you didn't even take the time to watch the wrestling back then and just blindly bashed it, because if you did, you wouldn't be bashing it the way you do.

As far as it being more entertaining, you're stating that as it is fact. I do agree that it may SEEM more entertaining today, but as far as it actually being more entertaining, you can't really make a true judgement of that. Why? Well, you have to remember, the wrestlers in the past did not have the production values and camera angles that they have today that makes the talent and shows look better than it actually is. Ricky Steamboat even said himself in the WWE website that wrestlers today are so lucky because the production values make them so much better than they are, and if they had that same luxury, who knows what they could've done. So yeah, disproved you again there sir.

And it is a moot point that companies like WCW isn't around anymore. But, it is also moot for you to mention that, since that wasn't what you were trying to argue. You were trying to argue why Flair and Rhodes was so much worse back then than the stars are now. And by you admitting that you never said wrestling was better now than it is back then, you just showed your self-contradiction. Besides, if you want to get a good gist of how good a match really is, as far as match psychology, crowd reaction (ie: ENTERTAINMENT), feud history, action, and yes, even DIFFICULTY OF MOVES, take a look at WON's star ratings (being the omniscient wrestling guru that you are, you should know what that is). Count how many 5-star matches that Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes had by themselves, and compare that number to the number of 5-star matches all your favorite stars of the 90's and 2000s had COMBINED.

...and you claim to know more. :laugh::laugh::laugh: