Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Um...Dean doesn't have the charisma to fit with them.

That would be awkward as hell

yeah I know..but it's not like Mysterio was dripping with charisma back then either. 

Besides..if we are digging up older names...I should have said Val Venis...rhymes with...

Edited by The Evil Genius

Yessir. WCW creative **** on his masked luchador stuff and made him go mask-less.

That move was WCW to the core. We don't think our hick fans like masked wrestlers (even though Mr. Wrestling II was the biggest star in the history of the hick territory GCW) and we don't know how to market masked wrestlers, so we'll unmask him.

WWE got him and said, "Hey...here's an idea. Let's sell mask replicas."

Rey has probably made more money off mask sales than he ever did in the ring. 

Never forget that WCW went out of business for very good reasons. Eric Bischoff was the smartest person to ever run the company, and I don't think Vince would have hired him to clean the locker rooms.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

That move was WCW to the core. We don't think our hick fans like masked wrestlers (even though Mr. Wrestling II was the biggest star in the history of the hick territory GCW) and we don't know how to market masked wrestlers, so we'll unmask him.

WWE got him and said, "Hey...here's an idea. Let's sell mask replicas."

Rey has probably made more money off mask sales than he ever did in the ring. 

Never forget that WCW went out of business for very good reasons. Eric Bischoff was the smartest person to ever run the company, and I don't think Vince would have hired him to clean the locker rooms.

To be fair, I think Russo and Ferrara were running things by the Filthy animals era

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/448981-rumor-killer-on-espn-employee-claiming-cm-punk-was-involved-in-a-heated-backstage-argument-with-wwe-management-at-raw

Rumor Killer on ESPN Employee Claiming CM Punk Was Involved in a Heated, Backstage Argument with WWE Management at Raw

Casey Kulas, who works for ESPN Cleveland and The Q, contacted WZ earlier today and claimed he was in attendance at Raw this Monday night and overheard a backstage argument involving CM Punk, AJ Lee, Paul Heyman, and WWE officials.

Kulas claims the argument was over the subject of Punk possibly sustaining a concussion, 

The WWE's biggest problem is the fact that they have a 3 hour show to fill every week. That is basically a PPV every single week.

What's worse is that with 3 hours, they COULD have more matches and help create stories for more people. But they choose to do the same nonsense over and over.

• Like 1

That ship was sinking before Russo came on board.

True. Russo just finished the job. God, those last couple years were absolutely agonizing. You could tell that most of those guys just wanted to either get  paid, or find a way to get the hell out of there asap.

I would flip to Nitro in between commercials, and it was bad..... Very bad.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

That ship was sinking before Russo came on board.

The first cracks in the armor IMO came after Nick Patrick effed up the finish to Starrcade '97 and they screwed up the first few months of Bret Hart.

How they didn't shove him into the main event picture sooner is ****ing nuts. I've been watching 1998 WCW on youtube daily. 

Fingerpoke of doom sealed their fate

Gallen sez: Screw the doctors. Put him in the ring.

As of this past weekend, the plan is for Hulk Hogan to be the host of WrestleMania XXX. Right now Hogan isn't scheduled to do anything physical and the story is he won't be allowed to do so based on his physical.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0129/569725/update-on-hogan-wrestlemania-role/#JaTDmMctpyJYrfAp.99

Then what is the obsession with Flair, Hogan, and Sting? Flair and Hogan are in their mid 60s. Hogan is probably going to be in a wheelchair in the next few years. Flair is probably going to be dead.

This.

One of the vivid memories of my childhood was Undertaker vs...Undertaker (who was the fake Undertaker btw?) Loved it. Then I hit puberty right when the Monday Night wars started. Used to watch Raw live and tape (mind you, ON VHS) Nitro in the basement, and then watch it immediately after Raw was over. Was a HUGE fan. Was still taping it on the DVR up until about a year ago. I deleted the recording because I realized I NEVER watched them. Hadn't watched them with any regularity in years. I would love to have a reason to start again.  Gallen, I'm telling you right now, no ****ing way Hogan, Flair, or hell, even the Rock is going to get me back. All of it is tired and played out. Yawn.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Don't ruin Gallen's dreams!

Perfect scenario: Rock shows up unannounced, and does a run-in on Sting/Taker... For no reason at all. Then Kevin Nash shows up, entering from the crowd.

He then big boots the Rock, looks like he's going to beat up Sting, then turns and Jackknife's the Undertaker (Payback for Wrestlemania 12). Sting wins, then the lights go out.... and the nWo Wolfpac music starts playing. When the lights come back on, Lex Luger is in the middle of the ring, with a baseball bat... He then tosses it to Sting, who knocks out  Rock.

The three men stand together and throw up the Wolfpac salute..... And Gallen faints.

The fake Undertaker (the one led by Ted Debiase's money and not Paul Bearer's urn) was Brian Lee (aka Chainz when he returned to the WWE a few years later in the DOA).

Ahhh, Chainz. That was back when Vince got desperate and started the Raw Is War/Warzone programming, and doing a bunch of "Gang Warfare" type stuff. Anytime Bryan Adams is the leader of a stable, you've got serious problems.

Chainz's claim to fame beyond that is probably getting the Rock Bottom when Rock turned heel and joined the Nation.

Don't ruin Gallen's dreams!

Perfect scenario: Rock shows up unannounced, and does a run-in on Sting/Taker... For no reason at all. Then Kevin Nash shows up, entering from the crowd.

He then big boots the Rock, looks like he's going to beat up Sting, then turns and Jackknife's the Undertaker (Payback for Wrestlemania 12). Sting wins, then the lights go out.... and the nWo Wolfpac music starts playing. When the lights come back on, Lex Luger is in the middle of the ring, with a baseball bat... He then tosses it to Sting, who knocks out  Rock.

The three men stand together and throw up the Wolfpac salute..... And Gallen faints.

Work Big Poppa Pump into it and I'm all aboard!!

• Like 2

You may want to reconsider that Lex Luger appearance. I doubt he could pick up a baseball bat at this point.

A few years ago, he had a "spinal stroke" and was actually a quadriplegic for a while. I saw a recent interview with him, and he can apparently get around with a walker now. But I bet he doesn't weigh 180 pounds and looks like Gollum.