Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Another sign of the times: he was champ for a year and a half and we call that "being in limbo."

Haha, good point. But even then, did you think he was the face of the company for that year and a half? Or that they wanted him to be the face of the company?

It just seems like even when he had the belt, there have been a lot of times when they were never quite sure what to do with Punk.

Edited by lovetoaster

Haha, good point. But even then, did you think he was the face of the company for that year and a half? Or that they wanted him to be the face of the company?

It just seems like even when he had the belt, there have been a lot of times when they were never quite sure what to do with Punk.

In total fairness, he's kind of a tough sell. He's this small, heavily tatted, really self-righteous guy who is a great worker in that indy style that is kind of an acquired taste. He's become a really good promo over the years.....but his act probably works best as a heel. And Vince and company have never really known what to do with heel champions at the top. And on top of that, small heel champs can be difficult to book. 

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Thats what happens when you position John Cena as the center of the WWE Solar System, with everyone else being space dust... You're not entirely sure what to do with everyone else.

That, and you have to have talent and direction in terms of performer and creative department.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Thats what happens when you position John Cena as the center of the WWE Solar System, with everyone else being space dust... You're not entirely sure what to do with everyone else.

That, and you have to have talent and direction in terms of performer and creative department.

The WWE is in a weird spot right now of having too many big name guys despite the fact that none of these big name guys really draw.

Right now, you have the fans demanding Bryan. But he can never really be the #1 babyface because Cena is there. But they've brought back Batista to be the top babyface with a guarantee that he will be champ. Meanwhile, Punk thinks he should be the #1 babyface and has really done the work to deserve that spot. And none of this matters, because at Wrestlemania, the Undertaker is always the #1 babyface, regardless of what else is going on. On the other side, Randy Orton is - I think - a heel and being the champ makes him the #1 heel. Though, in all honesty, HHH is really the #1 heel right now because that's who is feuding with Bryan at the end of the day. But the most over heel is Brock, who I'm not 100 percent sure is actually a heel. And Bray Wyatt probably thinks he should be the #1 heel, because he just worked a promo with Bryan and is being set up for Cena and is - in fact - getting the most heel heat right now. Though he might be used as fodder to turn Roman Reigns into the #1 face - even though there is absolutely no room for another top face right now.

I mean, that is one goddamn crowded upper card. And I didn't even mention Kane who is still apparently a thing and doing stuff.

In a weird way, it's good that the New Age Outlaws are back, because those guys absolutely know their limit. They are an upper mid-card tag team act and second banana to the top guys and never ever try to do anything beyond that.

I think everyone's complaints are out of whack right now. The WWE has actually done a great job at elevating talent in the last year. The problem is: they have no idea who should be in what slot. Who is in the Hogan/Hart/Austin/Cena bell cow role right now? 

Is it Cena? It may still be Cena, right?

• Like 1

I think everyone's complaints are out of whack right now. The WWE has actually done a great job at elevating talent in the last year. The problem is: they have no idea who should be in what slot. Who is in the Hogan/Hart/Austin/Cena bell cow role right now? 

Is it Cena? It may still be Cena, right?

Yeah, Cena is still at the top. And he will be there until somebody takes it from him. As of right now, nobody has taken it. I think Bryan has been as close as anybody though, but until he is able to do the things that Cena could do corporate wise for the WWE, they will never take him too seriously.

Sting could help some of the problems by recruiting a stable. Imagine him with Flair and Hogan and Cena and Punk, Booker T etc against the Shield and Randy Orton the Authority and Kane and the undertaker and the New age Outlaws.. That could start a semi war over control of the company.They could have some matches over who gets to pick the Gm spots etc.

Edited by Gallen5862
  • Like 1

Sting could help some of the problems by recruiting a stable. Imagine him with Flair and Hogan and Cena and Punk, Booker T etc against the Shield and Randy Orton the Authority and Kane and the undertaker and the New age Outlaws.. That could start a semi war over control of the company.They could have some matches over who gets to pick the Gm spots etc.

****, Jake Roberts, Ricky Steamboat, and a JYD zombie too...

• Like 1

Ok. I'm officially bored with your schtick.

We get it. In your world, it will always be 1997.

• Like 1

It is not 1997 in my world. Stables fighting each other gives more camera time to more wrestlers. The feud could also help elevate the meanings of the other titles. It use to be that the United states Champion would be the number one contender for the world Championship. The United States Title and the Intercontinental Championship could help serve as that again. Bring back a cruiserweight and Hardcore championship along with the tv title. Then when you get those championships reestablished you could have either all the belts along with the money in the bank brief case in a ladder match or have all belts up for grabs in a tag match or over the top rope match. if you eliminate a champion you win their title.Those ideas would be more entertaining than a Batista Randy Orton Championship match.

Edited by Gallen5862

I bet Gallen had heart palpitations when the Sting rumors started.

.....I admit it, I would mark out for a Filthy Animals Reunion. Eddie Guerrero is dead, but I bet they could bring him back in holographic form or something

BeFunky_filthy.jpg

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I bet Gallen had heart palpitations when the Sting rumors started.

.....I admit it, I would mark out for a Filthy Animals Reunion. Eddie Guerrero is dead, but I bet they could bring him back in holographic form or something

Replace Eddie Guerrero with Dean Malenko (since that was an epic feud back in the day). Malenko is still a WWE employee. 

It was Kidman, mask-less Rey, Konnan, Eddie, and Torrie Wilson. 

Yessir. WCW creative **** on his masked luchador stuff and made him go mask-less.

Um...Dean doesn't have the charisma to fit with them.

That would be awkward as hell

Yeah... Those dudes talked mad ****. Malenko was a gifted wrestler, but had the personality/mic skills of a turkey sandwich