Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Is it just me, or has RAW been much better since the Draft for once?

It's not just you. I think the lack of McMahon screentime has been the reason for this. I hope that they aren't written back into the storyline in the next couple of weeks, it's actually starting to get good.

What is everybody seeing in the "new" RAW that I'm not seeing?

There aren't any top level heels anymore. Jericho has been in the midcard for too long, and losing a feud to HBK won't help him any. JBL? Give me a break. Who else is there? Lance Cade? Cody Rhodes? The person the fans hate the most is Santino Marella, but they're too busy making him look like a joke rather than a viable threat. That & his one liners will have him being a face in a month anyway. "Did you try the Pepsi machine?" was classic.....

And the lack of top level heels makes the next issue even bigger. Batista got a much bigger pop than CM Punk last night. The casual fan isn't buying Punk. Probably because the "plucky underdog" has his place, but it's not as the World Champion of your flagship show.

The fans want to see Batista win Sunday. The fans will probably want whoever is facing Punk at SummerSlam to win as well. If the WWE wants the fans to root fot Punk, then he better face Cena next. At least Punk will get cheers then.

Oh, and Michael Cole stinks.

Mickie is the only thing that brings me back every week.......

The WWE in general is trying to recapture the heat of the attitude era. Ok, JBL decapitating Cena with his car...am I suppose to actually believe this is true. Cena just couldn't have been jumped...perhaps "breaking his arm" ala Dusty and the Horseman back in the day?

Rhodes and Dibiase could be gold...I think it's time for stables to make a comeback.

Punk turning heel would be a good thing...maybe too soon, but you got to follow the crowd unfortunately, or it's going to get really uncomfortable having your face champ getting booed mercilessly.

Re drafting the brands is a good way of shaking things up, but they need to go one further and just hit the "reset" button.

Anyone in their 30s who grew up in the DC area? You couldn't help but catch wrestling on tv almost every day. Someone back me up on this:

Weekends:

WWF- 2 Saturday shows on Channel 20, 1 Saturday show on Channel 5

NWA/WCW- 1 Saturday show on Channel 20, 1 on the Baltimore station, then

the 3 hour WCW show on TBS

UWF- Saturday show on Channel 20

On weekdays, AWA and World Class would be on ESPN. NWA and WWF would have a program on Channel 20 right after school

As I got older, I caught the real ECW on some public access channel.

A great time to be a wrestling fan.

TNA iMPACT: 9:00 pm on Spike. Give it a try.

Too many WWE/WCW retreads. I like Samoa Joe though, and some of the X division guys are awesome. For some reason, I can't get into them all the way though. Nash with short grey hair makes me feel old as **** :laugh:

Anyone in their 30s who grew up in the DC area? You couldn't help but catch wrestling on tv almost every day. Someone back me up on this:

Weekends:

WWF- 2 Saturday shows on Channel 20, 1 Saturday show on Channel 5

NWA/WCW- 1 Saturday show on Channel 20, 1 on the Baltimore station, then

the 3 hour WCW show on TBS

UWF- Saturday show on Channel 20

On weekdays, AWA and World Class would be on ESPN. NWA and WWF would have a program on Channel 20 right after school

As I got older, I caught the real ECW on some public access channel.

A great time to be a wrestling fan.

Yep, it was great. You also had NWA/WCW Main Event on Sundays on TBS and then it would come HTS later on in the week. Although their main event would be something like Rugged Ronnie Garvin and Mean Mike Enos. It did not matter though. Anything to see the Garvin Stomp.

I loved the ESPN coverage too. Coming home feom school and catching the Von Erichs at 4....great stuff. Then they also had the AWA on Friday nights at midnight when I was about eight. Those were great times indeed.

I've tried it, I can't.

I was never a fan of WCW anyway, all I ever really watched was the WWF. So that could have something to do with it.

I was on the other side...big fan of Flair and the Horseman, and back then, I wouldn't want to say it was more "real" than WWF, but the characters and angles were better put together (NAW days).

WWF had garbage men, hillbillies, pets and the like, and it was just a cartoon. We'll never see anything like WCW in the height of the NWO angle and WWF's Attitude Era...that was some high quality wrestling there.:applause: