Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this adultery?

Brave

Maybe it's because you aren't a guy but I can't disagree more with your take on this. I see Tony as having gone after a guys wife knowing he was married, that's as real and direct an insult as it gets. It's like saying that there is nothing wrong with going after a mans wife. I don't buy it. The very least Brave needs to do is let this Tony punk know the secrets out and that he is not going to sit on the sidelines.

Okay ... but what about her? What blame lies in the wife's fault? It's okay for you guys to go out and confront and physically threaten to beat the bejesus out of a man who's humping your wife ... WHAT ABOUT YOUR WIFE? SHE IS THE ONE THAT IS COMMITTED TO YOU!!!

LW's right on this. What happens when you go to 'talk' with Tony, and you tell Tony that he needs to stay away from your wife and you end up in a physical altercation with the man? You're gonna end up in trouble in some form or another.

You shouldn't be worrying about what the other man is doing ... you should be WORRIED ABOUT YOUR WIFE.

I dont get this ... it's like you guys are placing all of the blame on the other man. It's not his fault. It's the wife. The need for a beatdown? Not necessary. And what's gonna happen if the wife says that she won't contact Tony anymore and then she reaches out to him later? Are you gonna kick her @ss then?

Not at all. I believe Tony needs to know there is another man involved here. Some men are relentless in persuing OPP. I don't believe in the beat down, but only the threat of one. If it doesn't work the first time for Brave, then you get a harrassment or some other form of police order against him. Some men think they are above the law and there aren't any consequences for their actions...therefore, all they understand is PAIN.

100% of the blame should be on Mrs. Brave, no doubt. It's all about her, but Tony needs to know, in no uncertain terms, that if he persues Mrs. Brave than he's in for a world of hurt...not necesarily a beat down by Brave.

Well there are two seperate offenses

The first one is that this ass hole Tony went after a guy's wife. This is an offense against the husband and must be dealt with.

The second one is of the wife who failed in her obligation not be a sneaky ***** behind her husband's back.

Which is worse? Well imo the second is worse, but it wasn't my wife or my gf so I can't gauge that. The first deserves an ass whooping or atleast a stern "get the **** out of here."

Okay ... what if your wife pursued another married man? Do you think that it would be acceptable for the other wife to come and beat the crud out of your wife?

Probably ... because you'd be too pissed ... but that still doesn't make it right.

I'd stop short of calling it adultery in the common sense, Brave, but there's no way it's not a breach of trust. Sucks for him that she's breached the marital trust, sucks for her that she felt she had to. No way for anyone but the two of them to know what the "real" circumstance of their relations is and how it got to this point ... and ultimately, no way for anyone but them to decide, together, if and how the trust can be recovered.

What he said. Excellent summary of the situation (IMHO).

Okay ... what if your wife pursued another married man? Do you think that it would be acceptable for the other wife to come and beat the crud out of your wife?

Probably ... because you'd be too pissed ... but that still doesn't make it right.

No, in that case I would beat the crud out of my wife. :) /jk

That isn't completely fair, I have been conditioned my entire life never to accept violence against women, and I still really can't. But yeah it would be fair.

Okay ... but what about her? What blame lies in the wife's fault? It's okay for you guys to go out and confront and physically threaten to beat the bejesus out of a man who's humping your wife ... WHAT ABOUT YOUR WIFE? SHE IS THE ONE THAT IS COMMITTED TO YOU!!!

LW's right on this. What happens when you go to 'talk' with Tony, and you tell Tony that he needs to stay away from your wife and you end up in a physical altercation with the man? You're gonna end up in trouble in some form or another.

You shouldn't be worrying about what the other man is doing ... you should be WORRIED ABOUT YOUR WIFE.

I've never said that the wife should just get a pass. That obviously needs to be dealt with as well. What I am saying is that some punk going after my wife knowing she's married is a direct insult to me - as real as can be and that it needs to be dealt with. It is not ok to try to hook up with another mans wife, and I would waste no time in explaining that to Tony... and whoever the hell he happens to be dating at the time.

100% of the blame should be on Mrs. Brave, no doubt. It's all about her, but Tony needs to know, in no uncertain terms, that if he persues Mrs. Brave than he's in for a world of hurt...not necesarily a beat down by Brave.

But at the same time ... will it really make a difference? Obviously he wasn't scared before he decided to go for it ... and you can't say that he didn't think "What if we get caught?" Any sane person would realize that there is an opportunity to be caught by girlfriends and husbands. I don't think that Tony is afraid of that.

Brave should just go find out who Tony's woman is and pay her a visit ... let her know everything thats going on ... that would be a little bit more effective than a good old fashioned butt whippin.

No, in that case I would beat the crud out of my wife. :) /jk

That isn't completely fair, I have been conditioned my entire life never to accept violence against women, and I still really can't. But yeah it would be fair.

Umm... Unless you're a woman, it wouldn't be violence against a woman. She's saying that the wife is going to open a can on you.

morally its not ok. it takes two people to cheat. he's just playing his role as 1/2 of the cheating pair.

Right. I'm not saying he gets all of the blame - but he sure as hell gets some. This isn't a moral issue, it's a respect issue. Trying to steal a mans wife is as bad as it gets, as bad as walking up to him and slapping him in the face.

But at the same time ... will it really make a difference? Obviously he wasn't scared before he decided to go for it ... and you can't say that he didn't think "What if we get caught?" Any sane person would realize that there is an opportunity to be caught by girlfriends and husbands. I don't think that Tony is afraid of that.

Brave should just go find out who Tony's woman is and pay her a visit ... let her know everything thats going on ... that would be a little bit more effective than a good old fashioned butt whippin.

Of course it will make a difference he will feel better about himself. He will gain some self respect. I am not saying beat the **** out of him, unless he starts the fight, but he should be confronted, because he is guilty of an offense too. I don't understand why you give him a free ride, unless he didn't know she was marrried then and only then would I be sympathetic for Tony

I've never said that the wife should just get a pass. That obviously needs to be dealt with as well. What I am saying is that some punk going after my wife knowing she's married is a direct insult to me - as real as can be and that it needs to be dealt with. It is not ok to try to hook up with another mans wife, and I would waste no time in explaining that to Tony... and whoever the hell he happens to be dating at the time.

Why are men so worried about the direct insult to them caused by the other man? You're married. Think about your wife. Deal with her. Don't go after the other man ... what happens if the other man has been told a bunch of BS - that husband and wife are only married for the kids, that they have an open marriage, etc.

Other guy could be told anything ... and you guys are so ready to place all of the blame on them when it SOLELY rests on the one who wandered from the marriage.

Umm... Unless you're a woman, it wouldn't be violence against a woman. She's saying that the wife is going to open a can on you.

Apparantly we both misread it... other dude's wife beats the crap out of my wife... That I wouldn't really have a problem with.

He wasn't scared because the world today is filled with cowed men too damn afraid of thier own shadows or hurting anyones feelings. Look at the posts in this thread rushing to make sure everyone knows Tony did nothing wrong that it's all on his wife. That's why he's not afraid.

Why are men so worried about the direct insult to them caused by the other man? You're married. Think about your wife. Deal with her. Don't go after the other man ... what happens if the other man has been told a bunch of BS - that husband and wife are only married for the kids, that they have an open marriage, etc.

Other guy could be told anything ... and you guys are so ready to place all of the blame on them when it SOLELY rests on the one who wandered from the marriage.

:applause: If my wife ever cheated on me, i won't EVER even want to see the guy. She could go live happily ever after with him for all i'd care - they'd both be dead to me.

Of course it will make a difference he will feel better about himself. He will gain some self respect. I am not saying beat the **** out of him, unless he starts the fight, but he should be confronted, because he is guilty of an offense too. I don't understand why you give him a free ride, unless he didn't know she was marrried then I would be sympathetic for Tony

I'm not giving him a free ride. He'll eventually get whats coming to him - but I don't support or endorse confronting him and a possible physical assault. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around. I've experienced it first hand.

And you said exactly what I'm trying to get across ... I don't understand why you give him a free ride, unless he didn't know she was marrried then I would be sympathetic for Tony ... who knows what he's been told ... he could have been told anything in the world ... and you're going to go and flip on him because the other man's been told lies ....

Why are men so worried? Because we are. Why do women gossip about eachother and call the girls they hate whores?

Again the blame does not rest entirely on her. She gets most of it but that doesn't change the fact that it is not ok to go after a mans wife. If you do you risk the possibility of messing with a guy that isn't a new age wimp.

He wasn't scared because the world today is filled with cowed men too damn afraid of thier own shadows or hurting anyones feelings. Look at the posts in this thread rushing to make sure everyone knows Tony did nothing wrong that it's all on his wife. That's why he's not afraid.

I'm not saying that Tony did no wrong. Tony did wrong ... he's obviously in a relationship and chose to wander. He will be dealt with in due time from his girlfriend who's expecting a baby. Thats why I suggested that the transcripts be shown to the pregnant girlfriend - or that she simply be told of the activities that her boyfriend has been participating in.

Also, like I mentioned in one of my last posts, I'm a firm believer in karma. What goes around comes around.

Archived