Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 NFC East - Free Agent Signings

cowboyuptx

This list is based (50/50) on 2 things.........

#1 - How good the player is (IMHO), in comparison to his peers, who play the same position. (For Example: IMO is this WR, top 10 in the NFL, top 20, top 50, ect. ect.)

#2 - How well the player fits the teams needs.

Here's the list.......

1. Mike Vanderjagt - K (DAL)

2. Terrell Owens - WR (DAL)

3. Brandon Lloyd - WR (WAS)

4. Sam Madison - CB (NYG)

5. Akin Ayodele - LB (DAL)

6. Lavar Arrington - LB (NYG)

7. Jason Fabini - OT (DAL)

8. Darren Howard - DE (PHI)

9. Antwaan Randle El - WR (WAS)

10. Adam Archuletta - SS (WAS)

9804032337.gif

1-2. Dallas had the worst FG% (70%) in the NFL for 2005. Adding the most accurate FG kicker in League history, should be the cure. TO gets #2, because he was by far the best free-agent WR of 2006.

3. Washington was in dire need to get an adequate WR, to line up opposite Moss. I dont know the stats, but they had to get less production out of their #2 and #3 WR last year, than any other team. This move will help alot. I'm aware that Lloyd was actually aquirred by trade, but he needs to be on the list.

4. Madison still has a couple good years left in him. He's a huge upgrade to what the Giants had in '05. The Giants ranked 27th against the pass in 2005.

5. The Cows found more than a replacement for Dat Nygen, they've upgraded to Akin Ayodele. He'll be a much better fit for the 3-4, than Dat and Fujita could ever be.

6. Not sure how much Lavar still has in the tank, but the last time the Giants picked up the Redskins left-overs, they found their best LB, Pierce.

7. Only David Carr (68), was sacked more times last year than Drew Bledsoe (49), nobody else even came close to these 2. Jason Fabini, was an anchor on an O-line, that was consistenly among the leaders in fewest sacks allowed.

8. The Eagles, had one of the lowest sack totals in the NFL last year. While Darren Howard isn't an elite pass-rusher, he's still better than average and with Kearse at the other DE, he may be set for a career year.

9. Washington, finished 2005 ranked 28th in Punt Return Average (6.0).

Randle El, is an excellent punt-returner and should be just what the medecine-man ordered for the Skins.

10. I didn't feel that the SS position was one of tremendous need for the Skins, but Archuletta is a definite upgrade.

Just Missed The List.........(in no particular order)

Andre Cater - DE (WAS)

Marcus Coleman - FS (DAL)

Ed Jasper - DT (PHI)

Kyle Kosier - OT/G (DAL)

Jeff Garcia - QB (PHI)

Kenny Wright - CB (WAS)

Will Demps - S (NYG)

32517445415.gif

mooby is right: de was a bigger need.

bubba was right: the blue and silver specs need to be taken off to do an exercise of this nature.

a kicker is a kicker is a kicker. some are better than others, but no kicker should be at the #1 spot of any top FA signing list.

the jury is out on owens. i'll stay true to my word when before he was signed i said that some team would get 1 good year w/ no headaches......of course, i was thinking no one would give him more than a one year "prove yourself" deal.

anyway, i hope i was wrong and he destroys your franchise. :silly:

I think defensive end was more of a need for us than strong safety. DE was one of our biggest needs actually, did you look at the sack totals for everyone on the d-line last year?

I know y'all needed DL help and IMO you still do. Carter's okay, but (imo) he's not as good at DE, as Archuletta is at his Safety position. That's why AA made my list and AC didn't.

only 1 poke signing would make the list, and he maybe a huge mistake

5. Akin Ayodele - LB (DAL) :rotflmao:

take off those silver & blue specs

Dont just tell me I'm a homer and I'm wrong............ back it up with some substance, if you want me to take you seriously.

Why dont you think Akin should be at #5?

From what I've seen and read of him, he's pretty darn good and this was a major need for the Cows.

Only 1 dallas signing in the top 10?

And y'all call me a homer, at least I put 3 Skins in there.

mooby is right: de was a bigger need.

bubba was right: the blue and silver specs need to be taken off to do an exercise of this nature.

a kicker is a kicker is a kicker. some are better than others, but no kicker should be at the #1 spot of any top FA signing list.

the jury is out on owens. i'll stay true to my word when before he was signed i said that some team would get 1 good year w/ no headaches......of course, i was thinking no one would give him more than a one year "prove yourself" deal.

anyway, i hope i was wrong and he destroys your franchise. :silly:

kicker is one of the most under rated positions in football, especially in the nfl! They almost always are a teams leading scorer, and how many games can you remember just from last year where a missed or made field goal determined the game. I wish we had a good kicker who could stay healthy!

Kickers never belong in the number one position. I remember Parcells being asked by a reporter once years ago if his kicker would be able to play in the next game after sustaining a minor injury. His response was "I'm not asking him to play, just kick".

Andre Carter and Kenny Wright should have made the list. Darren Howard should have been higher.

A kicker number 1???

Kickers never belong in the number one position. I remember Parcells being asked by a reporter once years ago if his kicker would be able to play in the next game after sustaining a minor injury. His response was "I'm not asking him to play, just kick".

Andre Carter and Kenny Wright should have made the list. Darren Howard should have been higher.

A kicker number 1???

And who should be taken off to make room for them?

ARE and Archuletta?

BTW, I've taken your advice and bumped Howard up 1 spot to #8.

And who should be taken off to make room for them?

ARE and Archuletta?

BTW, I've taken your advice and bumped Howard up 1 spot to #8.

I think ARE and Fabini should be removed. While Fabini fits a need, he has really lost something. ARE is overhyped and ovepaid. I like him and hoe he proves me wrong! Wright will be on the field at least 50% of the D-plays if Springs and Rogers stay completely healthy all season. He will turn out to be the gem of the off season. His style of play fits the Skins scheme.

I disagree. I think ARE is one of those guys whose sums are more than the whole. He's like that great sixth man in basketball. He gets things done and seems to be dependable at it. On top of that he seems to be a great teammate.

Using the Cowboy fan's logic. If we were 28 out of 31 in punt return and ARE only improves our starting field position by 3-5 yards per possession that is big. It's the difference of being hemmed inside the twenty and dealing with a restricted playbook or maybe starting around the thirty where you can open some things up. The salary part is over... now, the question simply is is he a player and an impact player. Yes, he has been since he has entered the league. He is a winner and you can't have too few winners on your team or underestimate the impact of winners.

Yeah, yeah we get it. The Cowboys have the best QB, the best RB, the best WRs, the best D-line, the best LBs, best secondary, the best draft, the best FA pickups, the best coaching staff and the best stadium.

:doh:

Guest santana4prez

santana4prez's Top 10 NFC East Free agent Signings

1. Terrell Owens/Dal - Still a top WR and will put up the same great numbers.

2. Lavar Arrington/NYG - If the Giants fit there system around LA he can make plays.

3. Mike Vanderjagt/Dal - Gives the Cowboys one of the best kickers in the NFL.

4. Brandon Lloyd and Antwaan Randle El/Was (tie) - Gives the Skins the WR depth they needed last season.

5. Adam Archuleta/Was - Will surprise alot of people in 2006-07. Gregg Williams wanted Arch and I cant wait to see how he uses him.

6. Darren Howard/Phi - If he can stay healthy Howard gives the Eagles a double DE threat with Jevon Kearse.

7. Sam Madison/NYG - I think Madison has been overrated for a while but people said the same thing about Shawn Springs. Age in ways has made Madison better. Nice vet pickup.

8. Jabar Gaffney/Phi - Gives Philly there best #2 WR they have had in a while. A nice fit with Reggie Brown.

9. Andre Carter/Was - The Redskins have needed a pass rush for years from the DE spot. If Carter can comeback to his old form he can move up this list and really help out the Skins.

10. Jason Fabini/Dal - A solid pickup who will help out the offensive line.

Guest santana4prez
I know y'all needed DL help and IMO you still do. Carter's okay, but (imo) he's not as good at DE, as Archuletta is at his Safety position. That's why AA made my list and AC didn't.

The Skins defensive line dosent need anymore help. Carter, Daniels, Wynn, Evans, Griffin, Salavea sounds good to me. The Skins have a couple young players at DT so im not worried.

Guest santana4prez
Why is Jason Fabini even on this list? The guy reeks so bad that the Jets couldn't keep him in the same position on a very bad offensive line.

Hes ranked 10th on mine because I think he will rebound. Not every player who has a bad year stays bad. Example: Brunell sucked in 2004 and was good in 2005. I think playing for a new team and Parcells will help Fabini rebound.

santana4prez's Top 10 NFC East Free agent Signings

1. Terrell Owens/Dal

2. Lavar Arrington/NYG

3. Mike Vanderjagt/Dal

4. Brandon Lloyd and Antwaan Randle El/Was (tie)

5. Adam Archuleta/Was

6. Darren Howard/Phi

7. Sam Madison/NYG

8. Jabar Gaffney/Phi

9. Andre Carter/Was

10. Jason Fabini/Dal

That looks like a pretty fair list to me

Guest santana4prez
That looks like a pretty fair list to me

Hey thanks for the feedback.:cheers:

One thing no other rival fan can say is I am a homer. I tell it like it is. I hate the Cowboys had 2 of my first 3 picks but its the truth. I think the Skins still have the better team but I cant deny the good FA moves they made.

kicker is one of the most under rated positions in football, especially in the nfl! They almost always are a teams leading scorer, and how many games can you remember just from last year where a missed or made field goal determined the game. I wish we had a good kicker who could stay healthy!

quick, name the steelers kicker. :laugh:

i know they're important, but you don't need a pro bowl kicker.

Who let the Giants fan and Cowboys fan get on here. I hope the Giants have fun with knees next year. And how come we havent had a Lavar jersey burning pile yet. That dude betrayed us and our city, and then to go to the f'ing giants.

:gaintsuck :dallasuck and ravens suck

Archived